Serial Starters

Options

Replies

• Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    Good evening,

Missy not bad calories - I had to do the math......

One more day and with any luck the boss is gone all day or part day tomorrow.

Homework from Dr is to close the kitchen after dinner. So now I take all out for dinner /and or dessert and can have water - to see if this will help with the endless annoying plateau I make for myself.

I am reading before bed and going through my book pile finally.

Wishing all a good night. Stay safe and sane out there.

• LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,853 Member
    Options
    zexghcimzi4s.jpeg
    *** October 8th ***

Good morning all~~

Sara - that sounds daunting to close the kitchen after dinner - I can't fall asleep if I feel hungry.
    Have a good day at work today. Use your "cloaking device" so that the boss cannot see you. 😁

Waving to all who stop by later on~

Lana

261.8 today
    271.2 highest
    243.0 🦃 goal
  • LanaCabana537
    Options
    Oh, my goodness what a day.....
    This is what the struggle is all about: in order to not completely break down about the stresses, I promised myself "forbidden treats" this evening. That is my upbringing, and, now that I'm in my middle 60s, you know it is deeply ingrained to get these treats!

I'm glad that the Cabana Boys have something special in store for us this afternoon/evening.....

Now, where in the world is Sara and Nikki and Tracy and Lynn? Missy is probably in a pile of Floof on her sofa!
    You know, Dawn, I worry about you!

Love,
    Lana
  • gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,357 Member
    Options
    Oh, my goodness what a day.....
    This is what the struggle is all about: in order to not completely break down about the stresses, I promised myself "forbidden treats" this evening. That is my upbringing, and, now that I'm in my middle 60s, you know it is deeply ingrained to get these treats!

I'm glad that the Cabana Boys have something special in store for us this afternoon/evening.....

Now, where in the world is Sara and Nikki and Tracy and Lynn? Missy is probably in a pile of Floof on her sofa!
    You know, Dawn, I worry about you!

Love,
    Lana

Lol 😂 yup very accurate.
    svecctgga1y3.jpeg
    dluhz5sghb0g.jpeg
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good evening,

Boss decided to take today off as well, so just one more day w/o that whole mess. Former coworkers came to the office to get their flu shots and one stopped by and we chatted for a long time. It has been long enough that her son is 6 months and I have only seen FB pictures (a great surprise). Lets just say I wasted an hour of production but was so p o ed at the day I did not care.

6 days off - some shopping, some cleaning, lots of garbage to toss. Sleep is #1 priority as well as good healthy food as I am quite tired and frazzled.

Lana - can you add exercise like dancing or walking around the house to your "stress treats"? Just a thought.

Missy my neighbor came out with his Rottweiler "puppy" and that just confirmed that dog will have to wait.

TGIF dance lessons and best stretches to keep our girlish figures tonight at the cabana club. Be there or be square.

Wishing all a good night. Stay safe and sane out there.
  • Twiley510
    Twiley510 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I'm still around. Had a serious meltdown yesterday. I was partially the cause for postponing two Moose meetings last night. I've overloaded my wagon and have reached burnout. Yet, I must trudge on.

Tomorrow is a big motorcycle ride for Veteran's causes in memory of a member who died in August. I will be at the Lodge to coordinate the auction items and the meal. Will be a long day.

Work stuff - pthbbbbbbbbbt!

Was cast for a December performance of "It's a Wonderful Life." I have four roles. We are performing it as an old- time radio show, complete with jingles and live sound effects. No memorization! We will wear 1940's style clothes and add or subtract items for each character we play. Our Depot Freight room is really a perfect setting for this style of show. The ambiance created by the historical building adds so much character to our plays.. Should be fun!

Tracy in Tennessee
  • LanaCabana537
    edited October 2021
    Options
    l1gc2100qhym.jpeg
    *** October 9th ***

Happy Saturday ☀️

Missy - your babies look really sweet - such smiling faces 🥰

Tracy - As usual, you've got a lot going on, but always for a good cause. The radio play sounds indeed "Wonderful". It's a bonus to not have to memorize lines. How many total performances will there be? Be sure to get your other holiday stuff done early, as this production will take up a bunch of time. Are you responsible for making your own costumes?

Sara - so happy for you that you have a vacation. Get plenty of rest, and go on a couple little adventures if you can.
    I like your suggestion for dancing to burn calories. I do miss the dancing of my school days 😊

Lana

262.6 today
  • LanaCabana537
    Options
    bgd1sl690v6i.jpeg
    *** October 10th ***

Happy Sunday ☀️

*waving to Cabana Boys for more coffee*

Lana

262.6 today
  • Twiley510
    Options
    You're up early, Lana!

We will have four performances. Thursday, Friday, and Saturday evening will be dinner theatre performances. Ticket price will include a catered meal in the theatre. Sunday matinee will be straight performance, no meal.

We will only practice Monday's and Tuesdays until the week of performance. Play will run Dec 2-5. I think I may already have a costume if the director approves. I performed as Mrs.Chumley in "Harvey" and have a 40's style evening gown my mother made. I also have a pinstripe skirt suit that may suffice.

We had a great motorcycle ride event yesterday. Lots of money will be divided among five Veteran's causes. Long day, but fun and satisfying.

Do the best you can in your situation.

Tracy in Tennessee

• LanaCabana537
    Options

Tracy - Oh, that sounds nice for the audience that it is a dinner theater! Would you believe that I have never been to a dinner theater? My in-laws go often to one in Springfield, Illinois, and they always enjoy themselves greatly.
    Glad to hear that the motorcycle ride event was a success!!

Lana
  • fatoldladyonamission
    Options
    Monday again! Happy Monday everyone!

Apologies I missed over the weekend. It was my husband’s birthday on Friday so it’s been a busy weekend, a trip to the cinema, a meal out with friends where I was very good and made all sensible choices, a trip to his parents who live several hours drive away and then yesterday my daughter decided she urgently needed more clothes for college so off we trotted to do that as well as our usual puppies, horses and housework along side dinner with my parents that I cooked last night. I’m exhausted but we had yummy fajitas! Halloumi which isn’t so healthy Babur lots of veggies and I avoided dessert.

That all leaves me at an almost 20lbs loss all except 0.3lbs in my 33 days back here. There’s still a long way to go but it’s a great start!

Hope everyone has a lovely Monday 😊
  • LanaCabana537
    Options
    276tsepuy3wa.jpeg
    *** October 11th ***

Good morning All~~

Nikki - 🎉Congratulations on your 20 pounds gone! How fabulous! 🎉
    What a weekend you had--sounds wonderful!

I had a too-quiet weekend, and today is starting off with some pressing things on the Do List. But first....a walk with the Meetup ladies 👍🏻

Somehow, some Halloween candy jumped into my shopping cart yesterday. On the plus side, they are small things, and they have the calorie count on the bag 👍🏻

Yesterday it occurred to me that I could go see horses/horse shows at the NC State Fair, and I haven't missed it--it starts this Thursday 😁. It goes for 10 days, and I'm so grateful I didn't miss it. Lots of food there, but also lots of walking around.

*tossing beach bag and trashy novel onto lounge chair for later, when Sara might be here*

Lana

263.8 today
    271.2 highest
    251.0 revised lofty 🦃 goal
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good afternoon,

Church craft fair sewing group (I am making fabric items and as a knitter I am neither a sewer or craft maker so I just go when I can). Making fabric gift card holders (out of paper envelopes as well)...

Massive winds today - washed hair and dirty air outside blew it dry - just shaking my head.

Did not turn on computer at all this weekend. Watching Miss Marple episodes.

Nikki your 20 pounds makes my 3 pounds look small but down is down and lets celebrate!!!

Lana go and enjoy the horse fair. Have your goodies and your steps.

Wishing all a good day. Stay safe and sane out there.
  • LanaCabana537
    edited October 2021
    Options
    lzvw7xbiwtii.jpeg
    *** October 12th ***

Good morning 🌴 It sure is dark when I wake up in the morning~

*tossing beach bag and flip-flops onto favorite lounge chair for later*

Lana

263.0 today
  • DesignArtLove
    DesignArtLove Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Happy Tuesday everyone!

I’ve just woken up and I will say it. I’m scared! Im about a week in to being “good” and I’m almost waiting for the self sabotage, like I know I’m going to screw up soon.

That’s when I beat myself up and fall off the wagon. Or to better describe it, it’s the feeling of, “well I’ve already screwed up a meal on Tuesday, so I might as well blow this whole week!”

I’m visiting MFP and trying to adjust my headspace before I head downstairs.

How do you all work around these feelings, or am I crazy?! 😅
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good morning,

Loud neighbor this morning and I am able to go back to sleep. I can sleep in.

Cleaning and cooking on menu of to do - knitting and walking as well.

Wind has died down which is nice very dry and dusty yesterday. Got a good chunk of my church items for craft stale worked on yesterday. Baking closer to event (first week Nov).

Lana hope you are doing well and I will come take the lounge chair next to you.

Wishing all a good day. Stay safe and sane out there.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Design - first you are not crazy. You are used to habits you are trying to break - it is natural for resistance. It is a struggle and battle and when the monsters inside take over, I start again with small easy habits. Take a walk, have an extra glass of water. Take a deep breath. Ask yourself which is more important short or long term goals and sometimes it is the short term goal but make an agreement - that food eaten, how will I balance that out with a good health thing? Do you have your food set up for the day? Can you make yourself drink more water? Can you pat yourself on the back.

Sorry too much to think about at this hour - so take one piece of it and run with it.

• Twiley510
    Options
    @LanaCabana537 .

I will be in Charlotte, NC, Nov 8-11 to do some training for the other company assistants. I can't remember if you are near Charlotte.

Tracy in Tennessee
  • LanaCabana537
    edited October 2021
    Options
    3wzn6z8m6vd9.jpeg
    *** October 13th ***

Happy Wednesday everybody 😁

Welcome to Design 👋🏻 Sara has a very good view of our situation--so much good advice!

I am going to add a darker view: for some of us food is our coping mechanism or our drug of choice. If we make a conscious choice to change our relationship with food (we need to lose weight for our health for example), another part of us may fight it with thoughts of rebellion, pushing us to fall off of the wagon. Then, to get more of our drug of choice, voices tell us we might as well throw away the rest of the week. Stinking thinking.

Be sure to take care of yourself along your journey. 🤗

Lana

263.0 today
  • LanaCabana537
    Options
    Twiley510 wrote: »
    @LanaCabana537 .

I will be in Charlotte, NC, Nov 8-11 to do some training for the other company assistants. I can't remember if you are near Charlotte.

Tracy in Tennessee

Oh, Tracy! I am in Chapel Hill, which is a manageable drive...BUT!.....I have to fly up to NYC that week, on the 9th, to go to my dentist and my survivorship checkup and testing. I am so sad, but we WILL find another opportunity!

Lana