Less Alcohol ~ OCTOBER 2021 ~ One Day At A Time šŸ

Options

Replies

• dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,583 Member
    Options
    @MissMay

Sorry that the drama was around you : - (

I hate drama too and avoid it if at all possible.

Big hugs!
  • globalhiker
    globalhiker Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    Busy with work meetings in the early morning so late posting...reading through everyone's really insightful messages. And my take-away is no matter how wonderful the flavor or experience it is that wine or other drinks give us-and the pleasure factor- what is most important is the effect on our overall well-being and health.

Breaking the habit means getting to happiness and to the end goals we all want.
  • globalhiker
    globalhiker Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    @SavageMrsMoose: https://alpineweddingphotography.com/. Hotel Telluride is where we stayed off-season. Best of luck to you.
  • Womona
    Womona Posts: 1,609 Member
    Options
    @Womona

So what do you do with the sailboat in the winter?
    I know that you are on the East Coast somewhere. Do you drain it all out and take it to a boat storage place?

She is now in my driveway! Sheā€™s a day sailor on a trailer, so no plumbing, gas lines etc to flush out. We gave her a final washing, put the cover on, and hope no one backs into her when we pull out of the garage! Next season she will be in a slip at the Marina, which should make life SO much easier. Hooking that trailer up, getting the car in place juuuuust right for the tow hitch to meet the trailer is a royal pain in the butt.
  • LisaStapleton83
    LisaStapleton83 Posts: 43 Member
    edited October 2021
    Options
    lmlmrn wrote: Ā»
    Hello to everyone
    I read all the posts but I am struggling with posting myself. Guilt? My head is not in a good place and I am going to blame it on the new meds and the side effects. One which is depression, I am trying to work through it and all the literature says these feeling/thoughts, and other physical troubles will subside in about 4 weeks. I am on day 11.

You all have such inspiring posts I know I will be back to normal soon. I am so inspired.

It will pass and your mood will stabilise. YOu can help the process by getting plenty of exercise, plenty of sleep and good natural foods. Try and steer clear of too much processed stuff. And obviously, alcohol and depression DO NOT mix....

Journaling helped me when I suffered with depression, writing things down was very therapeutic....how I was feeling and why, things I was grateful for...memories, dreams....things I was strugglinng with. Also helpful was making plans for the future, small things at first then bigger...it helps to have things to look forward to. You do have a future waiting for you and you can make it better than the way things are for you now...Be kind to yourself and feel free to add me if you want someone to talk to. xx
  • MissMay
    MissMay Posts: 3,554 Member
    Options
    @lmlmrn PAINT PAINT PAINT that is my prescription for YOU.
    ā¤šŸŽØšŸ‘
  • SavageMrsMoose
    SavageMrsMoose Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    @Lilylady3k Are you an Ole Miss fan
  • Lilylady3k
    Lilylady3k Posts: 3,814 Member
    edited October 2021
    Options
    @Lilylady3k Are you an Ole Miss fan

@SavageMrsMoose - Cruel LOL
    No not at all ... except when they are playing Bama!

It was painful to watch LSU lose to Ole Miss this past weekend.