WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR NOVEMBER 2021

Options

Replies

• kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    Passwords you can get an easy to use secure app to keep all your passwords in. Then you only have to remember the password into your phone and into the app.

Christmas will be very lean this year.

Shots last week got both my flu and CoVid boosters the same day. Made me very tired but otherwise ok.

Went to doctor for bloodwork review yesterday and agreed to a psychiatrist to adjust my meds and help my moods. Also discussed medical marijuana with her. She is pro, so looking I to that too for both me and DH.

Still taking it one day at a time. My big worry list is working for me. I rip out the pages for the ones that are done and label what I put in by month. Encouraging when I can rip out completed worries ( living wills done, talking to creditors, filling out power of attorney papers,….).

After DR appoint, starting back on watching what and when I eat and doing the 16/8 fasting.

Faking it until I make it!

RvRita in Roswell, NM
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    (((Rita))) - Faking it while you make it is an excellent path to getting things done. :heart:
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    :)
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,130 Member
    Options
    Vicki: (((Hugs)))
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,217 Member
    edited November 2021
    Options
    Oh bother with this updating! Hope they sort it out soon. Why fix it when it ain't broke.? Grrrrrr! Had trouble finding you all. :#

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,956 Member
    Options
    It is loud here this morning- Last night just at dusk, one of our neighbors huge Eucalyptus trees fell against our fence and on our roof. Doesn't seem to be any damage(as long as they don't cause any while cutting it up and getting it out of there). We have a large canopy right on the deck that was covered with branches but thankfully most of them are smaller and just tons of leaves. When they are done, we will get a lot more sun in the back yard.

Zumba tonight. Our class is so small, I don't want to miss it. Some nights it is just three or four of us, including the teacher.

I may go to mom's this weekend or next. Told her to decide which works best for her. Need to talk to her about Thanksgiving. We don't go up there because dh has to work usually and both he and son will work the next day. We usually celebrate a week before or after. I really don't want mom by her self, even though the past few years it had been just her and dad.
    I will also be going up the second weekend of Dec. for our annual candy/treat making weekend.
    Not sure what we are doing for Christmas. DH has some new ideas- I think it will be me going to mom's and him staying home and going to his mom's. Not sure where son will go, hopefully with me. I don't know why we can't do like we always do, we all go to mom and dad's Christmas eve, spend the night then have a nice meal then drive home and go to his mom's in the late afternoon. That isn't good enough for her. But, if that means more time with my mom and not going to his mom's, that is fine- I guess he and I will just do gift exchanges another day.

Debbie
    Napa Valley,CA
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,348 Member
    Options

Worked, then put down grass seed then went to Aldi, got dinner ready to microwave. Vince is talking about not going to Newcomer bowling tonight as he’s having some a-fib. I’m wondering if some of this isn’t in his head. I can understand his concern, tho.

Karen VA – how wonderful about the house!!!!!

SueBDew – so happy you’re back!

Fasting blood test tomorrow. Reminded them at work that I’ll be late coming in. They didn’t seem to have a problem with it

Allie – did you know that you were going to have a long day so did you bring a book or something to do? I usually take my tablet with me when I have an appointment. Whenever you’re prepared, it never happens. And I prepare for a long wait….lol

Picked up the mermaid yesterday. I honestly thought it would take longer in the kiln. Anyway, now I have a dilemma. Need everyone’s input. Which shells should I use? The ones (#1 and #2) that have the most white, the ones that have the most red (#3 and #4) or the last one with one of the others (which one?). What do you think?

Talked to denise last night (miracles DO happen). She seems to respond to Vince texting her but not me. Anyway, she said that now Pete is working one week on and one week off. Then she immediately told us that he’s working christmas. So Vince asked if she would come down this year. I mentioned that since Pete is working Christmas, they can come down the week before or the week after. She said she “needs to talk to Pete”. Translation: gotta think of a reason why I can’t go.

Michele NC

• KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options

Michelle - I vote for 3 & 4.

• TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,130 Member
    Options

It’s dire. I can’t edit quoted posts. Even fining the thread was a pest today. So much for ‘new and improved’

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,890 Member
    edited November 2021
    Options

This thread is where it always is:

It is usually in the top 10 threads or so.

But you can bookmark it and it will show in the Quick Links section in the right side bar, under Bookmarks.

Here is what's new:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10848618/%EF%B8%8F-check-out-whats-new-updates-to-the-community#latest

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,890 Member
    Options

Incidentally ... when you come here, is this not the page you all come in on? Yes, you can click that link in a box below.

That's the first page I go to ... then I glance over the headings and might pop into one or two of the other subforums, and finally I'll go to Motivation and Support and locate this thread.

There's a new subforum about Sleep and Wellness which might be interesting. :)

M in Oz

• skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,827 Member
    Options

I am sore today after water exercise yesterday for the first time in months. It has been a nice day and I got some of the leaves and maple keys swept up off the front porch. Those maple keys come down like rain in the wind and it was windy yesterday. You can hear them hitting the skylight in the kitchen.

Katla - Good luck finding a doable option for getting to the airport.

KJ - Sounds like fun at your house.

Everyone take care, Sue in WA

• margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,056 Member
    edited November 2021
    Options

It looks like the spoiler option is no longer available. I agree it took me awhile to find this forum too. Now we will need to remember to book mark the month we are on and then go to book marks to find it. I agree OH BOTHER! Seems to be the way of the world. I did get gutters cleaned today. When went to son's to get that home done the street didn't allow parking because they were cleaning the street. So I had to park in the block over because I still cannot guarnatee I will not be blocked from my garage. I did get everything done today to get ready for our first snow this weekend. It will not be much but it will be cold and not fun to do outside work. Our compost site was packed today. Staying in tonight because heavy rain and exhausted from all the raking.

• exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,348 Member
    Options

Had Newcomer bowling. Tomorrow I go for my fasting blood test, then work, appt with the neurologist, then the couple who were cohosting the Halloween party with us are coming over to help put away all the Halloween things from the party. We have everything boxed up.

Pip – this one guy on the bowling league had a “I – then a picture of a bike – MS” I thought of you when he said that he usually does the MS bike ride. I also thought of you, katla,

Sue WA – how I miss my water aerobics class! Well, our pool will hopefully be opened in March and I can go in it in April

Michele NC

• barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,925 Member
    Options

😀MFP has made many changes in the years I've been using the site. My first reaction has always been that it's different and I won't like it. Once I got used to the changes I've liked most of them. Sooner or later, I'll get used to this new style.

😍Barbie in NW WA

• barbiecat
    Options

• barbiecat
    Options

Just experimenting with the new format.