WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR DECEMBER 2021

Replies

• KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Kelly, I'm thinking that birthday cake would've been a hot mess. (((Hugs)))

Karen in Virginia
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited December 2021
    Flea - I hope you have an excellent trip and enjoy every moment. ❤️ 😘❤️

We just returned from our trip to Virginia to visit our son & ddil. We were happy with the family time and a bit of sightseeing. We had fun with our 3 year old grandson and the delight to meet their new baby boy. 😍 ❤️ 😍.

Katla
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Hi Gals,
    Flea - I am so happy for you that you have had access to such great health care and insurance. I would say we should all have access to heath care – maybe not completely free but affordable.
    More but A bit political
    I would throw out there as something to help balance your luck is to write your legislators at both state and federal levels about supporting the bills that could make this possible and vote for the things that you believe are right….

Karen – that is amazing! Reading this might just be my whole presentation!!! It hits almost all the things I have been noodling around in my brain.

Thinking of everyone.
    Smiles Kim in N. California
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,056 Member
    Hi Gals. Reading posts on my way home from visiting DED.
    Had to stay in hospital overnight for observation on Thurs and rest for a couple of days. Feeling much better now.

Daughter and I are going to the graduation of DEGS tomorrow in Belfast.

• cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,194 Member
    Terri - Good to hear you have come through OK. <3

Love Heather UK xxxxxx
  • pearcel3342
    pearcel3342 Posts: 13 Member
    I’m so new here and this post was exactly what I hope MFP would be about. Can you all tell me how to follow people, I’ve clicked around on folks’ profiles etc and I’m just being techno deficient today. Wishing each of you a really wonderful week!
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,683 Member
    Well ladies
    Back home and going to nap..
    Chest xrays were clear ,everything else checked out ok ,maybe i just overdid it Friday..
    Anyway Tom and I talked it over and will leave it as is now.. but things could get rocky come Summertime ,he plans to retire and wants to refuce the alimony and will take me to court to do so if need be,he doesnt want to have to but he wants to reduce it from 325.00 a week to 100.00 a week that aint happening.. and if he has a retainer for an attorney let him use it for my attorney to because he will need it
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,444 Member
    exermom wrote: »
    Worked, then stopped at Food Lion for soda for Vince since it’s on sale today. The FL by me no longer gives out rainchecks so I went to another FL who usually has the soda and they did. Then we put out more of the Christmas decorations. Got in over 10,000 steps. How I miss my exercise!

The plan for tomorrow is to do Bob Harper’s Ultimate Cardio Body DVD

Am making a tunnel of fudge cake for Vince’s birthday. I’ll take it to ceramics Monday since we won’t be there Tuesday (I have to lector, I totally forgot feast of Annunciation)

Ordered the wrong cat litter from Chewy so I wrote them asking if I could exchange it. Instead, they are crediting my credit card for the litter with the understanding that I donate it to the Humane Society. They’ve always been very good. One time we got some cat treats and the container opened up. They sent us a new container. This time they’re crediting my account even tho I told them that I know it’s my own fault. I think that is very nice of them.

Rebecca – love those M&M characters. Where did you get them?

Barbara – no, I don’t plan to quit BK. Usually I only work M-F. The gal who does the prep on the weekends is gone to Vietnam to see her father for the month. I’m going to be working the Saturdays until she gets back. I seem to recall that she’ll return around the 27th. I talked to the manager to ask her 1) if we’re open New Year’s Day. We are, but they are opening later. And 2) does she want me to come in on Jan. 1? It’s interesting, she said “I’d rather have you”. Guess I can take that as a compliment. I told her that I know what I’m going thru trying to catch up having been away for a week, I can hardly imagine what she’s having to do when she gets back. Also, this will make me look better (hopefully) when I ask to take a month off in February/March

Lost my pen at work today. Oh well...not like that’s a biggie, I can always get another one. I did chop up extra lettuce and wrapped extra cheese for the manager who will be doing the prep tomorrow. She asked me to chop the onions. I didn’t think you could do that, but I did it for her. I was going to peel more onions, but didn’t bother

Julie – why won’t you get the moderna if a 4th booster is called for?

Really need to get started on my cards. Wonder why I’m procrastinating? That’s not like me. I usually have them done by Thanksgiving. Update: did them.

Carol – handsome grandson

Debbie – glad the cat must be alive

DrKatie – loved the things your mom made

Michele NC
    who is glad she isn’t working tomorrow and can exercise

The M & M characters were collected over many years. They were the toppers of tubes filled with M & M's and when we bought them three at a time for each kid, we had a train in no time! We made sure each was a different one, but from the same theme. Some of the wind up ones are ones I had as a kid.
    I will probably give to Athena when she's a bit older💖.
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    WA
  • Whidislander
    KJLaMore wrote: »
    Good morning all! Happy Sunday! I spent yesterday shopping (groceries; not gifts) and cooking/meal prep. Doesn't sound like much, but it took me a good 6-7 hours. There is rain in the forecast for today. My plan is to get outside and rake along the north side of the house (where the blowing leaves have congregated), get the leaves bagged and take them to the township drop off site. I also need to clean my grill and move my little tykes play houses to the back yard (otherwise they tend to get buried under the snowbanks made from shoveling the drive). I will also be "building" the gingerbread house for the kids and working on a few holiday activity centers.
    Karen VA- Love the poem! So very true and insightful.
    Heather- Yes! "When you know better; you do better." This is a mantra often quoted in my childcare provider circle! I often hear people complain about the constant changes in child rearing. The thing we have to keep in mind; is that it has only been the past 20 years that actual scientific studies and research has begun on the infant to age 5 age group! So much to learn and re learn!
    Lisa- It is rather eye opening to realize that you haven't been your "happy" self. Oddly, I just realized this myself a week or two ago. So glad you and Corey were able to have a relaxing and happy evening of talk and laughter. It truly is gold when life starts to weigh you down. Hugs my friend!
    Flea- PLEASE don't feel guilty about receiving something wonderful like great health coverage. This should be available to everyone. The ones who should be feeling bad ,that it is not available to all, are our government/congresspeople. I will echo the words of the others: notice your gratitude for it. IF that doesn't feel like "enough", donate to a charity or gofundme account for someone in your community who is struggling with healthcare payments, write to your congressmen about fixing the state of healthcare in our country.
    Rebecca- Please share pics of the finished apron! Love the fabrics! Just curious what the writing one says...
    Barbara- Love the dog training ideas! Sorry the training didn't go well with them yesterday; but it sounds like their love for Joe made them lose focus! I haven't made fudge in a couple of years due to the lack of family get togethers. Glad you are making and enjoying it!
    Machka- Oh that final push to get an event running and finished! So much work; but it sounds like everyone had a good time! Glad you could come home and relax! I picture Rhodie (is that your kitty's name?) on your lap as you enjoy the lights.
    Pip- I am sure Yogi made Santa's "nice list"! #goodboyyogi

Had a bit of a "triggering" moment while watching a GBBO holiday show, last night. The bakers had to bake a cake celebrating/commemorating their 21st birthday. As the bakers were remembering what was going on in their lives when they were 21, I thought, "Hmmmm...what was I doing?" Mental time warp back to Mexico. I turned 21 the month before returning home. I had an eating disorder, an STD, was mentally blocking a rape incident, and my head/psyche was a mess. Not a good time. Ended up bawling my eyes out (good thing DH wasn't around). I could not even wrap my head around what that cake would have looked like.

Anyway, we are still on "babywatch". Waiting for #3 to make his entrance. My daughter calls daily; and with every call, my brain thinks, "This is it!" lol So hard. They still don't have a name picked out. (so they say) I think they are going to go with my son in law's name suggestion from when they were pregnant with Joaquin (and later Miguel). After watching Fiddler on the Roof, SIL decided he liked the name Lazar Wolf. lol In my opinion, I would love to introduce a grandchild named Lazar Wolf ____! Epic!

Well, I better get busy! Hohoho and all that. ttfn xoxoxo KJ (Kelly)

It looks messy enough that you can't really read it. Kinda like my pen pal! You remember I had that one lady with the loopy cursive you can't make out most of it? Well, we're still writing back and forth every month, and have for a couple of years now!💖👍. I get joy from the fact that she writes me, taking time out of her life and doing that, and I can read maybe 60% of her letters now, (just have to squint and get in the loopy cursive zone!).
    Rebecca
  • Katla49
    Pearcel - Welcome to a great group. We are quite chatty and talk about things that affect our personal lives. Many of us know one another through this group and have been sharing our challenges and blessings for quite awhile. You will be welcome. Stop by often and get to know us.
  • Whidislander
    I love those envelopes, Rebecca. Very creative.

Barbara -- our miniature is really on the toy size. She is like a large toy or a small mini. Our neighbors have two minis, and one is really quite large, and their smaller one is still bigger than our little girl.

Thank you all for your kind words and support. It means a lot.

We are leaving for the airport soon, and I am not taking my computer, so I will check back in with all of you when we return.

Take care.

Flea
    Willamette Valley, OR

Thanks! I have fun folding them.😁
  • Katla49
    I missed a change while I was gone & feel somewhat lost. I can connect with my phone but not my laptop. Can anyone help me understand the changes?

Katla
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Irish Terri, Ah! so glad that is over and you are fine!

Kim, yay! glad the poem resonates.

Karen in Virginia
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    <3
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,683 Member
    Well I took a bit of a nap but still feel kind of out of it.. fed Alfie ( if he chooses to eat it ) and am laying down again..
    Will just consider this day a wash...
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,520 Member
    pdq05itu3tfq.jpeg
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    :)
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,520 Member
    Stat for the day-

Housecleaning etc- 3hrs, vacuum, dust, laundry, fold and put away clothes= 783c
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,831 Member
    Katla49 wrote: »
    I missed a change while I was gone & feel somewhat lost. I can connect with my phone but not my laptop. Can anyone help me understand the changes?

Katla

Nothing changed with the logins and connections.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,905 Member
    edited December 2021
    :)Katla Can you log onto MFP on your laptop?