WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JANUARY 2022

Options

Replies

• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,702 Member
    Options
    Hoping Corey is just suffering from a sore throat,im going to run to the store in a bit and I know its going to be crazy since we excpect ,snow ice and rain tonight into tomorrow..and i have a video drs appointment in the morning .. and im sure she can do it from her home if needed..
    I have to park in the lower parking lot so they are able to plow i sure wish i could find a garage to rent ..
  • fizzfizz
    fizzfizz Posts: 94 Member
    edited January 2022
    Options
    My goodness, you’re an inspiring lot! I’ve had a hectic January at work so far and had no idea how much there was to catch up on …

Machka - your cycle rides inspired me to dust my bike off and your running is incredible, go you
    Chantal - welcome to the party and how fab is your 2022 To Do list, I hope it’s going well
    Heather - I love your beach photos, I must hit the coast sometime soon and hope I can look as stylish as your beautiful, beachside friend
    Lisa - you're making me hungry, I can smell that bread from here ;)

Portion-watch has gone super well, along with daily strolls, but while I’ve dropped a few lbs, motivation was waning a little till I came on here. Thanks for sharing your stories and your energy, I’m now ready to blast through this week with renewed calorie-burning vigour :D
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    <3
  • grandmallie
    Options
    Heather sounds like my place lol..
    Lisa- looks spectacular ..went to the store.. wasnt to horrible.. will probably be worse later.. we will be getting ,snow ice and basically yuck overnight.. but im all set to hang out with Alfie..
    Enjoying watching some cooking shows
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,751 Member
    Options
    Lisa ... hoping Cory is just suffering from a cold. If it helps, know that my son, husband and I were triple vaxxed. My son developed covid and we did not isolate from him in our home (too small). Neither my husband nor I contacted covid and our son's case was mild. My brother was double vaxxed and his wife triple vaxxed. They both got covid (not from us). My SIL breezed through it and my brother had a little bit of a rougher go, but came through ok.

Beth near Buffalo where the Bills won their football game and we are now waiting on the anticipated snowstorm while other teams play football from our comfy couch.
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,946 Member
    edited January 2022
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    I'm doing some heavy duty weeding in one of the scariest areas of our yard. It's so overgrown, who knows what's in there!! So far I've found more weed grass than I imagined, blocks of wood, snails and potatoes.

But about weeds ...

What are these? Are the ones on the right chickweed?

iby5o11aar8g.png

Machka in Oz

Are the ones on the left sticky? I don't know what either are, but we have something like them, and the ones we have that look like the one on the left are sticky and just horrible. I hate them.

Flea
    Willamette Valley, OR

we have those sticky ones too out here. Never had them until just a few years ago. Have them at mom's too. They are easy to pull but stick to everything and the seed pods on them are the worst when you have pets that go outside or you walk by them-stick to everything
    Machka- thanks for the link- never knew what that weed was called-

The ones in the picture do look like chick weed(or at least what dad always called it)

Debbie
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,390 Member
    Options
    Thanks, Beth, it is helpful to hear about other's experience. It seems so entirely random who gets it and who doesn't! Glad all your family is OK.

I may steal that meme Heather - and so sorry about your friend's sister. Hope her healing is quick and painfree!

@fizzfizz and Allie, thanks for the bread compliment. :) Lots and lots of practice. :wink:

For all our East Coast folks, Allie and Beth and the rest, please keep safe while the storm blows through.
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    The wonderful snow picture that I had imagined only came to the N GA mountains. We have had flurries, but, it is not sticking. Hope what is left doesn't turn to ice. :(

Good wishes and prayers for all in need!

Carol in GA
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,547 Member
    Options
    1sff9b6rcfbo.jpeg
  • pipcd34
    Options
    Pp
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    Penny ~ So sorry for all your family has gone through!

Carol in GA
  • pipcd34
    Options
    Stats for the day-

housecleaning etc- 1hr 47min 6sec, dust, vacuum, etc= 501c
    Short walk w/yogi- 22.01min, 2.89ap= 89c
    Strava app = 122c

Total cal 590
  • grandmallie
    edited January 2022
    Options
    Penny- deepest condolences on the loss of your mom,never easy losing a parent and then with this crazy virus.. ugh
    All i can say it's wonderful to hear from you and we have missed you..
    I did the Betty White challenge and donated to Rescue Road trips in honor of her 100th birthday tomorrow... people are asked to donate on what would have been hee 100 birthday to a shelter or animal rescue in her name.. and I thought what a wonderful idea..
    I couldnt afford alot .. but I loved Betty White and I love animals as did ..
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,045 Member
    Options
    I did my Sunday 30 minutes walking! Yay!

Annie in Delaware