WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR FEBRUARY 2022

Options

Replies

• cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,270 Member
    Options
    The watch man changed my battery! :D
    The tech place changed my screen protector and charged me £2! :D
    Long queue in the supermarket where I had gone to buy cheap pills etc for the cruise. I dumped the basket and walked out.
    Really tired now. Back aching. Ankle OK but I can feel it. I was caught in a downpour on the way home and sheltered in someone's porch. :o The lady came out and asked if she could help me! I explained and she was very nice. The rain died off and I was able to leave.

A nap is in my future 😴

Love Heather UK xxxxxx
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,333 Member
    edited February 2022
    Options
    🌻😍🌷
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    Thanks Kelly! It's good to know I'm not alone. I'm going to do better today!

I did 46 mins of yoga, 8 mins of elliptical, and 6 mins of marching. Yay!

Now I'm ready for a nap. The power went out at bedtime last night for half an hour. I couldn't get my mom to relax and sit still. I was afraid she would trip. But she still feels like she's in charge and has to rattle around checking things with a flashlight. She won't listen. Then I dreamed she crawled out a window to escape our supervision.

Annie in Delaware
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,491 Member
    Options
    exermom wrote: »
    Anne DE – I, too, am impressed how far you have come with your exercise.

Rebecca - watching Family Feud and the question is "where does a nudist carry their car keys". Can you answer this?????

Michele

Heehee, lets see. Fanny packs, hanging on a chain, tucked in a bandanna, tied to a hat, tucked in a sock, am I close?????? Did I win????🙃😋😁😂👍
    Rebecca
  • Whidislander
    Options
    Its bright blue skies, and 29' out. Last night I was between ocean swells, and falling from the sky in my dreams. Did not attend gym. I lost count how many vertigo flips I had. Took some Benadryl, hoping that might help. Feel like I have done some sumo wrestling and lost big time! Sore, and achy! It will pass as it always does though.👍
    I haven't done very well with my intermittent fasting, just eating with no rhyme or reason these days. Its still probably 16/8 days which means my eating window is 8 hours and I fast for 16. Most of them are as I sleep so no issue there. Just don't feel much motivation these days. Coming down off the change not having son home. He's not texting as much, which is probably best for both of us. Face the fact that he's gone for 2 years.
    Oh got a photo from middle son of his terrarium. The water has cleared, the moss has sprouted, and the log is getting furry! He put 5 shrimp in there, and 2 snails. They are keeping the place tidy! He said its a nice experiment. Its so nice to see him doing those creative things, whether its building, or art stuff, its an outlet and he doesn't realize how important those are. His college courses are going well, and Athena is adjusting to being with the homecare babysitter. My cute little family is growing up.💖
    This week I need to send my middle son's package. Its just a dark chocolate salted caramel bar (Endangered Species brand really good), a giant Hershey's bar for Athena and momma, and some sweet rice candy for Athena to try. The candy is little crispy white balls that melt on your tongue. My middle son remembers having them so it will be fun to have him introduce them to Athena.
    Take care all!
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    WA
    pb52rzxact0y.png
  • Whidislander
    Options
    That typing font kind of triggers me into wanting to retype the above cute saying, but try to disregard that.🙃😋. I did not type it so there's that. I just steal them off FB.👍
    Rebecca
  • sh0tzz99
    sh0tzz99 Posts: 950 Member
    Options
    ginnytez wrote: »

Tina-I have read that the timing of tests is critical also. Thanks for the reminder. Your vacation sounds glorious. Your weight is probably better than you imagine, but any gained will come off quickly.

Well, still no sign of license. I’m just ordering a replacement on-line. Figure that way mine will show up about 5 minutes after the replacement comes.

Take care all,

Ginny in Ohio

That is how it always works for me too.

Tina in windy CA
  • sh0tzz99
    sh0tzz99 Posts: 950 Member
    Options
    KJLaMore wrote: »
    Morning all! Happy Wednesday!
    Tina-Your trip sounds wonderful! Glad you were able to get away. I recall when your DH got sick, you were worried about possibly having to cancel; glad that didn't happen. Post pics please; so I can live vicariously through you!
    Machka- Your bill paying conundrum sounds like the black hole/abyss that my DH speaks of. lol Every once in a while he will get online to pay a bill, and end up spending hours "sorting things out". Soon that job will be mine. I will probably track everything on my agenda (paper and pen) and make payments from there. At least until I become more tech savvy.

Well, more of you I wanted to reply to; but the kids are swarming. They have had breakfast and are ready for activities to begin. ttfn xoxoxo KJ (Kelly)

Kelly-The mister took over 700 pictures, most of them under water. However, I'll post a few, if I can figure out how to do it.

Machka-I just spent 10 minutes, on hold for most of it, to hear from my insurance servicor that a document I uploaded was received. I don't know why they needed to keep leaving voicemail and having me call back for that!

Tina in blustery CA
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    I guess it was windier than we thought yesterday,during the rain/hail/wind- looked in the back and yet another neighbor's tree(part of the tree) fell over the fence into our back yard. It is a huge branch from one of their juniper trees. Thankfully it happened before I planted my garden, as it fell right across the garden and half the back yard.
    Told dh when he came home from being out with his friends all day(lunch, shopping, movies)- He started ranting- this is BS, this is BS-had to go over right away and talk to the neighbors, and of course he couldn't go by himself. Drove over(other side of the block) and talked to the owner's niece as he was at work. Very sweet young lady. Exchanged info. She kept apologizing.
    This morning dh came in from work and started in about the tree- giving the guy just til Monday to take care of it or there will be trouble- seriously, it has been less than 18hrs. Told me I needed to borrow one of my dad's gas chain saws because our electric one wont work on it.

Weather has cleared up today- now it is just cold/frost at night and early mornings.

Zumba tonight- look forward to getting out of the house for a while.

still tracking everything- sticking around 1100 cal a day(in case I am not tracking exactly right) but scale is not moving. I know, I need to get moving more- two zumba classes a week isn't enough. Need to find some motivation.

Allie- my former hubby and yours have a few similarities- both Tom, both deal with mental health issues- I think if mine had dealt with them back when we were together instead of hiding all of them, we would still be together. He thought he had inherited bi-polar from his mom so hid it. Left with no warning- found out 20 yrs later he did it for my safety, he felt he was loosing control and anger issues were getting worse.
    He has gotten help, apologized over and over- we are now best friends and chat every night.

Time to go get my daycare girl from school.

Debbie
    Napa Valley,CA
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,587 Member
    Options
    Uuu
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,270 Member
    Options
    Super lovely photos Tina. How could you bear to come home!

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,333 Member
    Options
    TINA ~ So much beauty! Thanks for sharing your trip.

Carol in GA
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,587 Member
    Options
    Stats for the day-

Walk to get nails done and back- 13.46min .61mi= 60c
    Strava app= 74c **started hurting walking on the way back**
    Other- sweep front entryway and front patio, vacuum inside entryway and living room area- 21.12min- 116c
    Zwift home spin bike- strava stats- 20.11min, 39elev, 62aw, 15amph, 102ahr, 119mhr, 5.03mi= 125c
    Strava app= 72c
    Zwift stats- 20.13min, 42elev, 62aw, 54arpm, 14.96amph, 5.04mi= 72c. ** could only push through 5miles**

Total cal 301
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited February 2022
    Options
    We heard from our daughter today. The family is currently quarantined. This is new information from them. I plan to give my daughter a call to see how they’re getting along. I’m hoping and praying that they are all okay.
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    Gorgeous photos Tina.

Well we now have new fiber optic wifi. They are closer to getting the old mobile home out of here and the new fridge will arrive tomorrow. The old fridge died Saturday. It had died 5 months ago and we had it repaired but had to throw out nearly all the food. This time we have thrown out lots of food again but decided it was not worth repairing again. We bought a new one on Sunday. It was on clearance and in stock but they told us it would be 6-8 weeks before they could deliver it. They put us on a list so if there was a cancellation we could get it earlier. Yesterday they called and said they could deliver it Thursday. I am so happy about that. Really did not know what we were going to do without a fridge for that long. We currently have a cooler with ice and a very small fridge in the rental cabin which is not currently occupied. I'm not sure I would have made a very good pioneer.

Everyone take care, Sue in WA
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    We have heard from our daughter. I hope things are okay. I worry about the omicron possibilities. There is much we don’t know.

Right now DH & I are home and looking at reflections on the river. It is a pretty day.

Katla