WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MARCH 2022

Options

Replies

• KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Pip: My heart goes out to Kirby. So glad that your medical team is expediting your care. We are your pocket angels, we will all be with you tomorrow.

Karen in Virginia
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,355 Member
    Options
    Did Ultimate Weight Training dvd today. The plan for tomorrow is to do an Aimee Nicotera DVD. Then we are supposed to go see friends of ours and then go bowling with them.

After exercise went to WalMart to find that I forgot my phone at home (I keep my shopping list on my phone) and then bought gas. I almost died at how much it had gone up! Came home, put what I could remember away then took a walk. I did find out that it takes 15 minutes to walk from the condo to the library. I also found out where the bathroom at the library is….lol Then went to lunch with some of the ladies at the condo. It was this Chinese buffet. Had mostly vegetables and crab. I like buffets because you can try a little of something and then go get more of the things you liked. Like, I didn’t care for this mushroom soup they had – too greasy. But I didn’t know that until I tasted it. On the bad side, tho, I did have some of the dessert. I had fresh fruit, but also some cookies and ice cream. Then we went to this ceramic place here in Titusville, home for dinner. Got the rest of the yarn that I need to make this lap blanket for a lady here. Now have 2 loads of laundry in

Barbara – I must have missed it, I’m sorry. But the happiest of birthdays are wished for you

Rita – did your friend do her Penny Shopping at Dollar General? As I remember, Tuesday is penny day there where certain items are only a penny.

Vicki – for Lent this year I’m going to resolve to not eat anything after 9:00

pip – sending good thought for you for tomorrow

Lynette’s mother passed away the other day. Terrible as it may sound, I’m sort-of glad that I’m not there. I’m sure she’s a mess. She did email me saying that I shouldn’t cut our time down here short to go to the funeral. To be honest, I wasn’t planning at all to. It’s not like I was real close to her mother, I knew her but not real close. Plus...I don't think her mother would want me to. Oh well…

Think I’ll go check on the laundry now.

Michele now in FL
  • ginnytez
    ginnytez Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    Pip-good luck tomorrow. At least you don't need to sit around and fret (or Kirby fret) for a few weeks. Let them get in, get it out and figure out if anything else is needed. Unfortunately with a lot of stuff, they can't be sure until they actually see it.

Rita-paranoid schizophrenia is one tough disease. I have known a couple of folks with it over the years. When properly medicated they appear normal (if anyone really is), without the meds a different story. The things they imagine are very real to them, and when they talk about them they can seem real to you. One lady I knew was having a bad episode and was locked in at a mental health center. As we visited, she told me about the people who spy on us all of the time and know everything and how they were watching us right then. I found myself looking over my shoulder-and this was in late 70s early 80s before all of our tech stuff.

Heather-I have had those senses off and on over the years. I can pick up on something good and some not so good things.

Food intolerances, etc.-I have never had much of a problem. Maybe some lactose-or straight cow's milk. That has gotten worse as I've aged-but ice cream, yogurt, etc, no problem. I just use almond milk in cereal.

Off to do some quick pick up of house before settling down for night.

Take care all,

Ginny in Ohio
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,721 Member
    Options
    Annie- been there done that with valve repair and replacement...
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,934 Member
    Options
    <3Pip <3
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,570 Member
    Options
  • okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,290 Member
    edited March 2022
    Options
    Hugs and prayers Pip!

Okie in the TX Hill Country
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,611 Member
    Options
    It is Wednesday night and I am fretting about tomorrow. My SIL's ex (who she still "dates") is having major eye problems. He got an appointment with my eye doctor tomorrow. I had to reschedule my DH's followup with his periodontist as it was at the same time. But....my DH broke a tooth on Tuesday night and his dentist is fitting him in tomorrow close to the time SIL has to leave to take her ex to his appointment. I hope they can fix her ex's eyes. I already told her I am NOT driving around two grumpy and moody blind men! My pay would have to go up DRAMATICALLY!!!!! Somehow we will get our men where they need to be and still keep one of us at the shop.

Still feeling like an octopus, but at least SIL was helpful today. Did manage to get quite a bit done.

PIP We will all be thinking positive thoughts for you and Kirby tomorrow.

Healing thoughts for all struggling with health issues for themselves or their loved ones.

Rest well my friends,
    Love,
    Kylia in rainy yet springlike Ohio

• bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,757 Member
    Options
    Pip … 🙏

Vicki and Rita … Happy Birthday!

Beth
  • drkatiebug
    drkatiebug Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    hap2go wrote: »
    drkatiebug wrote: »
    Pip, prayers for successful surgery.

I Deserve a Donut app for questions plus I am going to read the 40-day Sugar Fast.

Would you mind linking these? I have also given up processed sugars for Lent.

The IDAD app can be downloaded for free from BarbRaveling.com. The 40 Day Sugar Fast is a book by Wendy Speake. I think there is a website, too, but I haven’t been there. I just got the book from Amazon.

• margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,059 Member
    edited March 2022
    Options
    Rita I am sending prayers the right caretakers show up to help your son. The best thing you can do for him is keep yourself well taken care of. There are many tools our there to help him regain his balance. Finding ways to stay grounded and work with his mind and body to stay calm helps. If he wants to be well he will need to find a healer who uses mind body spirit practices. Sending love and energy to you.
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,125 Member
    Options
    Barbara
    🎉🎂🥳 Happy Birthday 🥳🎂🎉
    I hope you have a fantastic time Celebrating 🎉

💞 Mary from Arizona/ Minnesota
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited March 2022
    Options
    Pip — Thinking of you and hoping you are doing well and better dat by day. ❤️
  • bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
    (((PIP)))
  • bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
    Met a friend for dinner yesterday, we went to a crepe place. This place is known for their crepes which seemed more buttery than most, and they have double crepes (meaning 2 layers of crispy crepes before the fillings). One was very filling. Most often when I go for crepes (not often) I get a desert crepe too but this savoury one was so filling I stopped at one even as my friend got a sugar crepe for desert. She offered to share hers but as she didn't get the GF buckwheat option for dessert, I avoided tasting. YAY. Got in 10,000 steps yesterday plus a good hour of cleaning.

I slept well. Yay. Today I started the day with 30 min on stationary bike and then 30 min of weight training (squats, etc.). Yay. then shower. leaving for work in 15 minutes. Need to get out of my birthday suit and out the door very soon. Long subway ride to work. Now we have internet in the subway so it's better. I can even watch a series or to the nytimes mini crossword or spelling bee or of course read the news, etc...I'm towards the beginning of the line and it's early so I should get a seat....

Wishing you all a good day.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,919 Member
    edited March 2022
    Options
    @auntiebk ... I think you were asking about a calendar.

Here's the Action for Happiness one ...

3xk857d29v5a.png

I think the other ones were an R U OK Day calendar and an This Way Up Mental Health calendar which were put out for October's Mental Health month.

I've looked around for something else, but haven't found anything. I'd actually like one with a bit more activity.

M in Oz
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,721 Member
    Options
    Morning ladies
    Well woke up around 3:30 this morning in pain..i either have a UTI or a bladder infection and have put a call into the on call to see if they can fax in a prescription that o can pick up when pharmacy opens,never did hear back from kidney dr.
    Hoping they call back before I have to pick up Carmine at 7:30
    Pip- my prayers are with you,Kirby and the surgeons...