WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MARCH 2022

Replies

• okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,286 Member
    Do any of you remember Jmkmom ? Think her name was Joyce.. i was friends with her on Facebook... well today is her birthday and to my surprise i see that she passed away last year. So very sad..
    To bad Kirby didnt know how to update us on how Pip did ,but with her health and beingnin great shape I bet she did great..
    Will see everyone in the am.

Do you mean JrsMom in San Antonio? Very sad.

Okie in the TX Hill Country

• skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,814 Member
    B)
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,603 Member
    Wow! I was wondering what happened to her (jrsmom). I kind of figured she just was busy. So sad! JR is so young too.
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,334 Member
    edited March 2022
    Got back from seeing our friends. We left the bowling alley at 4:15. Didn’t get home until after 7. There was a BAD accident on 95. It was closed – northbound AND southbound. Normally, it takes a little over an hour. Today it too almost 3 hours!

Still having the pain on the left side of my leg. It seems to be worse after I’ve been sitting for a while. Like by the time we got home tonight, it was really hurting me. But yet, when we drove down here (10 Hours) it didn’t hurt as much as today. I must say, when I mentioned it to the MD, his response was “if it’s really bad, take 2 Tylenol”. Well, one time I took Tylenol and it did absolutely nothing. I wonder if there isn’t some inflammation and sitting makes it worse. If it is, I’m not sure what the “cure” is.

Allie – I must have missed it, you said “brought them down” who is “them”

Tracey – wonderful mugs. Wish I could do something like that

katla – so happy for you

As we were driving up to see our friends, a truck kicked up a stone, it hit my windshield and put a big crack in it. So tomorrow we have to call insurance to see where we need to go to get it repaired/replaced.

Michele who plans to go
    to the pool tomorrow
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,603 Member
    So we did manage to get both men to their appointments. We ended up sending my DH with one of our mechanics who is also a friend. He sat there for 2 hours waiting on my DH as they decided he needed a crown. Three crowns, two cataract surgeries, a new hot water heater, and a plumber all in 4 weeks has put an ouch on the budget. I am thankful that we are in a position that it isn't too painful. As for SIL's ex, I am hoping that I will know more about that tomorrow.

Work is crazy busy, so bear with me as I pop in and out.

Thinking of Pip and Kirby!

Healing thoughts for all!

Lots of Love!
    Kylia in Ohio where it is cold again.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,905 Member
    :) I pulled weeds for about 20 minutes today to make use of the nice weather. It reminded me of how much I am going to enjoy spring when it gets here.

:)Allie, I know you will redouble your efforts to be a warm and sympathetic listener to Carmine. This has to be a terrible time for them when they are having so many internal changes and questions while everyone in the family is gushing and fawning over Miles.

<3 Barbie in NW WA
  • drkatiebug
    drkatiebug Posts: 1,940 Member
    edited March 2022
    I remember a Joyce who used to be a frequent poster. Didn’t she have MS maybe? And live in the mid-west somewhere? I don’t remember her screen name. I also remember JR’s mom, but I don’t remember her name being Joyce. I’m remembering two different people. Either way, I am sorry that she passed away. If it’s the Joyce I remember. I’ve often wondered what happened to her.
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,194 Member
    edited March 2022
    I remember Joyce. Her husband liked to eat out almost every day. She used to sing in the choir, but mobility issues got the better of her. Typing became difficult. I also thought of her often. <3

Awake in the night. Grrrrrr!

Our Zoom group of old schoolfriends is planning to meet up in London at the end of April. I was pleased with myself for firmly stating that I will stay in a hotel. I like to have a bolthole. :)
    One thing I have learnt in my old age - if you don't want to do it and you don't have to do it, don't do it.

Love to all, Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Hi Gals,
    I remember Joyce she was in Kanas – Heather you remember what I do. Sad to hear she has passed.
    Pip – sending good thoughts
    Rita – keep taking care of you. Then there is strength to help
    Rori – Wow what a great clean up/ clean out!

Thinking of you all, and hoping for a happy healthy day
    Smiles Kim in N. California

• Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited March 2022
    Pip— ❤️🌸❤️🌼❤️ Sending prayers for you and the gift of an excellent doctor.🙏🏻 I hope things go very well.
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,814 Member
    <3
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,748 Member
    I remember Joyce… sorry to hear she has passed

Pip … hope all went well with your surgery

Beth
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,831 Member
    We got through my mom's heart ultrasound. She tells me the doctor called with results and she is better than last time, four years ago. Which makes me wonder what they really did say. Do valves get better? Why would the doctor call same day to report routine results? I will find out at the cardiologist next week.

The doctor asked for me, which really surprised mom. She still wants to manage her own health. But her memory is so bad and she is desperate to believe she is fine, so she persuades herself that she is. I'm still worried.

Annie in Delaware

If the doctor asked for you, ring the doctor back.

• Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    I think JR’s mom feared being deported to Mexico.
  • Machka9
    jmkmomm was Joyce, and her last post might be on this page ...

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10484609/women-ages-50-for-december-2016/p91

Check out the thread ... :)

JRsLateInLifeMom/Amber/Faetta/Faye was a different person.
  • Machka9
    30zeejsg1qbq.png
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    <3