Serial Starters

Replies

• LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,837 Member
    34muc4ggoqgp.png
    *** March 13 ***

Good morning all~~

Welcome to Missionalman πŸ‘‹πŸ»
    In the past, when I had been successful at losing some weight, I took a couple of weeks just to learn how many calories per day it took to lose weight. We may go over our chosen number every day, but it doesn't mean that we won't have good results. Kudos to you for doing that workout! That is great!

I am grateful to wake up to blue skies and sunshine after 5 days of gray.

Did I tell y'all that I am going on a cruise in two weeks? Going alone, as I did in 2018, which I don't like. So, today I will be trying on some clothes to see what fits and looks acceptable enough to be seen in. Believe me, the selection is limited. I'm hoping that this one pair of dressy pants has enough "give" to them to wear on the "formal nights". If all else fails, I can eat my dinners in the casual restaurant.

Waves to whoever stops by later on 🌴

Lana

264.0 today
    271.2 highest
  • missionalman
    missionalman Posts: 383 Member
    Tried doing a workout today - my knee locked up thirty seconds in. I'm not going to let it stop me though! May find a chair workout to do later on today that takes the pressure off my knees.
    Lost an entire two inches since the last time I measured myself, which I was surprised about! I'm also down to 310.7 lbs from 366.

Thanks for the welcome Lana!
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,328 Member
    Good afternoon,

Walked to work, something I have not done in a long time, to leave a birthday present on a friends desk.

Will get my 4k easily today. I also see a nap coming soon.

Lana - glad you are going and you will be able to make do with your clothing. If pants dont fit too well do you have tops that hang long? Even a long thin jacket would work.

Wishing all a great day. Stay safe and sane out there.
  • LanaCabana537
    b9epurmmoxl7.jpeg
    *** March 14 ***

It's Pi Day today!

q8p6mjrltqxq.png

Missionalman - congratulations on your accomplishments! I am inspired! Please take care of those knees πŸ€—

Sara - good for you on the walking! You are right about my clothes.
    The pair of dressy pants that I was most worried about fit me yesterday. I didn't realize how stretchy this velvet fabric was. I am so grateful. Everything else will be fine because all of the tops are long. Whew~~

Waving to Tracy and Missy and Jordanna and Melanie and Sherry and anyone else who stops by later on~

Lana
  • Twiley510
    Twiley510 Posts: 377 Member
    Good morning, Cabana Crew!

Excited for the progress I see everyone making!

I ate all the food in Boston, but I also walked, worked, and sweated a lot. Scale shows a tiny loss and a shirt I had not worn in a while is a little looser.

Wishing everyone a happy Monday!

Tracy in Tennessee
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Good afternoon,

Lana a cruise is to have fun and not be fashion conscious. Walking the boat adds up steps fast.

Tracy -you are going to places I have not been. I hope the weather was not too cold.

I was supposed to only stay a short while at the church, I stayed longer and have 7k in steps today and slightly sunburned ears.

Spent time with some of my favorite church people which was a plus.

Very glad today I am not being strict only calories as dessert will be in the "red".

Wishing all a good night. Stay safe and sane out there.
  • LanaCabana537
    u9rych5254u5.jpeg
    *** The Ides of March! ***

Good morning all~~

Sara - good for you at the church and getting in a lot of steps!

Tracy - glad that you enjoyed Boston while you were working. Nice about the shirt fitting looser πŸ‘πŸ»

I am distressed about my right achilles problem. I can't get a doctor's appointment this week before I begin my travels. I will get a massage on Thursday from my massage therapist, so maybe that will help a bit. My bestie reminded me to take some ibuprofen, and that does help a great deal.
    I can't walk, but I can do some light yard work.

Waving to all who stop by later on~~

Lana

265.0 today
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Good afternoon

Took car in for oil change (always get nervous about taking car in....) needed my brake fluid replaced as well, but all else it good. Glad my cc loves me!

Salad and cottage cheese for lunch. Soccer is on tomorrow, but I will be at church cooking. Better off anyway to be standing than being a couch potato.

Have a new color to knit scarves with (lady from church gave it to me) called green apple. Nice to be knitting with brighter colors.

Lana - can you take a brace/ace bandage with you? Does walking help? Can you get a massage on the boat?

Wishing all a great day. Stay safe and sane out there?
  • missionalman
    b9epurmmoxl7.jpeg

Missionalman - congratulations on your accomplishments! I am inspired! Please take care of those knees πŸ€—

Today I gave up on doing a workout entirely because I'm just too sore. Will catch up tomorrow. Think I overdid it yesterday walking through the slush.
  • LanaCabana537
    edited March 2022
    xpk8sb9ou9d1.jpeg
    *** March 16 ***

Good morning everybody 🌺

Missionalman - yes, take it easy and don't get injured!!!

Sara - your green apple yarn is perfect for welcoming springtime. Post a photo please once you get going with it or when finished. What cooking at the church do you do? Do they have a soup kitchen? That is good karma, Sara. You rock!

The achilles tendon thing continues. I think that walking on it has made it worse. Simply standing on it makes it hurt. It is odd/interesting because it doesn't hurt when I stand, but when I release the weight off of that foot, that is when the intense pain comes for two seconds and then fades away.

I am not looking forward to this trip up to NYC; I am looking forward to the cruise, because I plan to spend a lot of time in the pool getting exercise without putting any weight on it. And yes, I will book a massage on board as well.

Also, Lazy Lana is going to chase away the dust bunnies in the living room today and roll out the comfy floor mat to be able to get down there and do some exercises, since I can't go walking any more.

*waving at Philippe for another cup of coffee* 🌴

Lana

• missionalman
    Lana - That cruise sounds lovely! Please take care of that injury though.

Managed to get a workout in yesterday after I had given in and had a smoke. It was a short one, only thirteen minutes, but it felt good to move.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Good morning,

Right now I have many scarves done but my apps were erased so a picture may take some doing.

The church has its own kitchen and freezers/refrigerators for the food pantry, I think I heard today may be soup and corned beef sandwiches???? I will go after lunch to help. I have half of my steps already so that is a good start.

Tomorrow is fasting blood draw and urine test for kidneys. There will be a reward not sure what yet.

Wishing all a good day, Stay safe and sane out there.
  • LanaCabana537
    buvunc9vctcv.jpeg
    πŸ€ March 17 πŸ€

I am grateful that I am not in NYC today. They are having the parade today; they haven't had one since before the pandemic. Midtown will be a mess!

Missionalman - good on you for your workout!

Sara - the soup and corned beef sandwiches along with treat tomorrow for blood test all sound good πŸ‘πŸ»
    PS - Yesterday I was looking at a small collection of greeting cards I have saved, and I came across the one with Mario! *shudder* 🀣

Waving to all who stop by later on~~

*tossing beach bag and sunglasses onto favorite lounge chair for later*

Lana

264.0 today
  • Tilliesmommy1
    edited March 2022
    Good morning,

Had a 7am fasting blood draw and urine test. Will probably be told I am dehydrated and do the 2nd one again....

I got on the scale and was less than pleased but I still have to reward myself - walk more today!

Oh Mario our best reminder to not get too friendly at the poolside, what would we do without him?

I am looking for the handmade cards I bought from a coworker and I am finding many other things just not that. Will keep looking. There may be soccer around lunchtime, and I told myself I could go back to sleep for getting up so early, but they are in the washing machine. Nap in my plans too.

Wishing all a good day. Stay safe and sane out there.

• missionalman
    I've done next to nothing today.... no schoolwork no workout, not really anything. Just can't get into the headspace to get things done. I DID figure out though that if I add a couple of teaspoons of canned coconut milk to my protein shake that it makes it much more palatable.
  • LanaCabana537
    hecmaahzbfph.jpeg
    *** March 18 ***

Happy Friday 🌺

Just getting us started....

Lana

263.0 today
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Good morning,

Missionalman - finding a way to make your shakes drinkable means you did do something for your health yesterday! Give yourself credit.

Lana how many days to cruise??

My test results are back - I dont have to pee in a cup again luckily - my kidneys and cholesterol are good and I am to be on a low fat/salt diet and exercise regularly. Gee .....sound familiar? So keep on keeping on as best I can.

Gardeners are blowing everything in the air and I will stay inside. Laundry and sewing in scarves will take up some time.

Rain tomorrow - it is too warm for this time of year and rain is always welcome.

• LanaCabana537
    sfdcvis7u1g2.jpg
    *** March 19 ***

I am up and getting ready to go up to NYC for a few days. It's a very dark and gloomy day here in NC.
    The achilles tendon thing is getting a tad worse; taking Advil and icing it is all I can do.

The cruise is a week from today. I am getting excited about it (as opposed to stressed) because I've done most of my packing for it.

Sara - So happy that your testing came back with good results. Yes, both you and I should re-focus on the low fat and low salt. I guess what that really means is having mostly fresh veggies and fruits and cooking our meat and fish from scratch. I tend to buy and eat too much frozen prepared foods.

Waving to Missionalman and Missy and Tracy in Tennessee and Jordanna and Sherry and anyone else who stops by today. 🌷

Lana

263.8 today
  • mkculs13
    mkculs13 Posts: 602 Member
    Hey, guess who is back? I've maintained my "round one" weight loss for about a year and am ready to lose my last 50. If you remember me, you might remember I lost my mom last April and moved to Charlotte in July. I've had quite the year. I left for spring break on 3/24/21 and returned home 4/29/21, after mom died--I was able to be with her for her last month. I'm feeling sad as the anniversary of those precious weeks approach. I've had a new job kicking my butt, and just needed to focus on other things for a while. Now, it's time to re-start and move forward, even as I'm grieving. I don't know why this feels like the right time, but it does.

So, if you remember me, could you please give an update for me to help me catch up with all I've missed? And if you joined after I slipped away, please say hi and tell me about yourself.

For those who didn't know me (or don't remember), I'm 63 and a history teacher--working for the first time with 8th graders (high school history and 10 years in high school special ed before this year). I have 3 adult children in WI, from where I moved last year to get away from the cold. I miss my kids a lot. I have a lovely Australian Shepard, Skye, now 2.5 and I'm getting a new pup in a few weeks. I like to jog and walk. Have had a tough time with jogging--repeated injury and just now ready to start up again with rebuilding my distance, but at a slower pace and rate than before (b/c clearly I was overdoing it). I love hot weather and don't mind humidity; I sweat and feel like a "well-oiled" machine. I'm adding some strength and flexibility training to my exercise regime because I anticipate needing more as I get older and closer to retirement--in 2-5 years, I suspect.

So, hi to all again and I'm looking forward to being kept focused with you all. It helped a lot my first time around.

Maureen
    SW: 184 (3/19/22)
    GW: 150
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Good afternoon,

Got hair colored early this morning, rain off and on allowed me to go walking but back inside again.

Maureen!!! Good to see you on board again. You are close to goal so keep up the good work.

It will have to come down to exercise for me. I need to keep my goal and raise it.

Lana- glad your cruise is coming soon and you know us, we want details.