WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MARCH 2022

Options

Replies

• barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,950 Member
    Options
    <3Katla, Sending hugs to you and your husband.

<3Heather, I know how you feel. Hope the bit of indulgence will help things feel brighter tomorrow.

:) The next chapter in Jake's medical saga is that he saw his primary care doctor's partner today and in consultation with the defibrillator doctor and the cardiologist they agreed on a slight increase in a medication he already takes and an appointment with his primary care doctor in two weeks.

:)Allie, it sounds like Kyle needs a bit of counseling. Children learn from what they see.

<3 Barbie in NW WA
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    Katla best wishes for your daughter's visit and your DH's doctor visit. We are all thinking of you!

Barbie hope the change in Jake's meds solves the problem.

Allie hope your family works through the issues. And poor Homer! Hope he is comfortable.

My Dad is extending the railing on the stairs. It's a tricky project and he's done well, but I can't help worrying whether the railing is properly supported. He is very experienced at this sort of thing and his judgment is better than mine, but I am such a worrywart.

My sister is coming to visit on Friday with her husband. My mom wants me to cook her usual greasy beef meals. I tried to plan things that would please everyone but that's a lost cause. I always get nervous before entertaining.

Annie in Delaware
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,364 Member
    Options
    Got most things packed. Just the last minute things will need to go in the car. I made a lap quilt for one of the neighbors. She's a lovely lady who remembers MIL but gave it to her in the evening because I know her well enough to know that she'd go out and buy something, but she wouldn't go out late at night. Cleaned. Feeling sad but I know I'll be back. As a matter of fact, I met a lady who plays mahjongg so I'll get in touch with her the next time I'm down here. Not a whole lot of time, need to clean a litter box we're going to leave down here.

Michele soon to be back in NC
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,891 Member
    Options
    <3
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,590 Member
    Options
    )
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Machka - congratulations on the grand baby!

Lisa - your Granddaughter looks like she is tall.

Barbara - your Joe and my Rodger both have sleep issues. Rodger will go to bed at 9 and recently been up by 11. Sleeps on the couch off and on throughout the night. I don’t know why sleep is such a difficult thing.
    Happy there were no clots!

Allie - I hope that DCF doesn’t just judge and tries to get some help for Carmine. I believe they need it.
    Good for Kyle for taking things away. Sorry for Homer’s news.

Katla - so nice to see that your daughter is coming to help. When will she arrive?

I am still working on my stockings, it’s keeping my mind occupied and my hands busy. If I can ever post a pic again I’ll share.

Tracey in Edmonton
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited March 2022
    Options
    Tracy— My daughter is on her way. An old friend will pick her up at the Portland airport and will drive her to our house later tonight. The good friend will spend the night & go home in the morning. When my daughter is ready to go home I will drive her to the airport.❤️

I am beyond grateful for my daughter coming to help.
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    <3
  • OregonMother
    OregonMother Posts: 1,572 Member
    Options
    Katla49 wrote: »
    Tracy— My daughter is on her way. An old friend will pick her up at the Portland airport and will drive her to our house later tonight. The good friend will spend the night & go home in the morning. When my daughter is ready to go home I will drive her to the airport.❤️

I am very relieved to hear she is coming. It will be good to have another pair of ears at your husband's doctor's appointment tomorrow.

I hope you have a restful, uneventful night tonight.

Flea
    Willamette Valley, OR
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your good wishes. I am so grateful for my daughter’s help in this situation. DH is at least as excited about her being here as I am. I hope the outcome is that DH will get every bit of support and encouragement as he needs. 🙏🏻❤️🙏🏻
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,506 Member
    edited March 2022
    Options
    Accountability:
    Chose well: Joe, readings, BP, steps >7400, CI<CO, CI<250<CO,
    Bonus: chiro, Freddie’s, Just one thing: bupkes
    Workin’ on it: 141.1, H20x4, active 3:59 and counting
    Mindful March
    15: Stop. Breathe. Notice. Repeat regularly.
    16: Get really absorbed in an interesting or creative activity. Minutes? Taxes?

Chiro said knee is unstable, could be arthritis, ligaments, acl, meniscus ??? Suggested I pick up the Xray order at MD and walk in to clinic for X-rays instead of waiting to be called. Bingo bango, in and out in less than a half hour, images on disc. In addition to ice/heat/ibuprofen, she wants me to wear the brace and avoid walking on uneven surfaces for now. OK to march in place while watching Jeopardy. :laugh:

Heather :love: Edie’s and Johnny’s smiles.
    Welcome @cattherien Charlene in IL! Glad you know what works for you.
    Carol thanks, thought we were the only ones with such weird sleeping habits ;)
    Allie so sorry for all what your family is going through. Prayers. ((hugs))
    Welcome @ShrinkingOtter2 you can not be too old for this group. Would you let us know what you’d like to be called and your general locale?
    Karen :cry: that those cuties are so far away, either across the Atlantic or across the country. When will you next get to be with them in person?
    Katla wonderful news your daughter is coming to help. Don’t remember where your children live, IL and VA or ??? Their obvious love for you and your DH reflect so well on your upbringing of them.
    Barbie fingers X’d the rx adjustment brings Jake relief.
    Annie I’d worry too about the railing. How mad would your mom be if you cooked your sister’s favorite meal as a thank you for visiting?
    Michele, do you and DH plan to spend more time in FL or even move there eventually? You seem to love it so.
    Tracey look forward to pics of your stockings.

Time to walk/watch another recorded Jeopardy. Might make step goal for the first time in four days, seems like longer.

Later, Lighter, lovelies!
    Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    2022: Be still and listen.
    9t3jkbnhrfio.gif
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,951 Member
    Options
    Katla49 wrote: »

I'm very glad to hear that your daughter is coming to help you and your husband.

M in Oz
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,951 Member
    Options
    auntiebk wrote: »
    Both PA and Dr’s Sr. partner were concerned swollen, pitted left leg was recurrence of DVT so sent for ultrasound. Good news, no clots show in ultrasound, ER Dr. things cellulitis, will pick up antibiotic rx later today.

Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD

I'm glad to hear that you don't have clots again. I'm always concerned about that too.

M in Oz

• ginnytez
    ginnytez Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    Heather-hope you are feeling better. We all get out of sorts at times-don't be hard on yourself.
    Allie-you do have your plate full. Hope Children Services can get whole family into counseling. Hope Homer can stay comfortable.
    Lisa-adorable grandkids!
    Katia-glad daughter will be there. Hope doctor has some good guidance.
    Pip-you do keep improving. Good for you being steady and sensible in activity increase.
    Julie-sounds like you have been busy. Sometimes a break from social interaction is helpful.

Things pretty much the same here. Weather has been very nice. Am getting more done around the house in the evening-small things but they all add up. Trying to get into podiatrist for feet. They have become painful (probably arthritis and too much walking?) Anyway-I had seen one prior to pandemic and he just said to do nothing and stop walking (got the impression he thought since I was older it doesn't matter). Stretches do help (but sometimes I'm not consistent!). Left message for new practice Monday and they have yet to call back. Maybe today.

Going to get short work out in before work.

Take care all,

Ginny in Ohio
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,215 Member
    edited March 2022
    Options
    Grocery shopping done and put away. Just sitting chilling until lunchtime, so thought I would check in with my pals here.

Pip: 👍🏻 Nice and steady does it.
    Julie: So understand feeling overwhelmed.
    Lisa: Glad you’re sleeping better. So important!
    Machka: 👶🏻 🥳
    Allie: (((Hugs))) re Homer, and the situation re Carmine. I hope they get the help they need.
    Barbara: So pleased there are no clots.
    Barbie: I hope the change in medication helps Jake. .
    Heather: I know the feeling. Often we forget that we have human frailties 😂 You are allowed to feel aggrieved at times.
    Katla: Enjoy your daughter’s visit. I hope she can help with DH.

Out of time. DH has lunch ready.

Take care!

☘️ Terri
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    Barbara no clots is great! Yay!

Lisa good sleep and lost weight Yay!

Katla hope the appointment goes well. Write notes ahead of time about what to ask, because the conversation may go on tangents with three of you there. Hope you all get to go inside together. Good luck!

Annie in Delaware
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,333 Member
    Options
    :)