WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MARCH 2022

Options

Replies

• cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,270 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your understanding folks. It really helped to 'confess' my blip. What I was trying to do is 'walk back the cat'. That's a concept used by my favourite life coach, Martha Beck. Trace backwards to see where the slip up first started. The hope is, you will be able to catch it earlier. It's always very humbling when something like that happens. :p

Did my writing this morning. I was trying my best to evade it, but I know I won't be able to do anything tomorrow with seeing G, so I buckled down. Once again I was discussing my failings!!!! In the past that time. Oh well, when you know better you do better.

New frying pan arriving today. I like non-stick with a glass lid and a metal handle so I can put it under the grill or in the oven.

Having saucy mushrooms for dinner. DH with tagliatelle, me with zucchini spirals. Arugula. Yum!

Love you lots, 😍 Heather UK xxxxxx
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,590 Member
    Options
    <
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,070 Member
    edited March 2022
    Options
    I did my 8 min of elliptical, 6 min marching, and 58 minutes yoga. Yay!

Hi Luanne!

Annie in Delaware
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,270 Member
    Options
    We have had a weird orange coloured sky all day. Apparently it's sand from the Sahara. Quite spooky.
    The car will probably need a wash when it's gone!

The frying pan I ordered is lovely but I could also do with a smaller size. I knew it was bigger than my old one, but it is just a bit large for some things. I will look for another one as well. Will be great for pancakes though! Can chuck out one of my others.
    DH had ordered new slippers, as his old ones were shedding wool everywhere. They were too small when they arrived. I told him to send them back. Then he discovered the toes had tissue paper balls in them !!!! :p
    I'm getting better at 'One out One in'. Threw away some leggings the other day when I got new ones. The old ones had sprung a hole in the knee, which I had had a go at mending, but it reappeared. Out they have gone. :D

Love Heather UK xxxxxx
  • bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
    OUTING TODAY
    I called the friend I was possibly to meet, so hopefully we can meet Friday...
    I am in kind a a bad mood so thought better to meet when I'm in a better mood to not be a downer but he was kinda in a bad mood too and thought possibly we could cheer one another up...but I really prefer to wait a couple of days.
    I just feel beat.

Better in the CICO area today than yesterday so far.

Wishing you a good end of the day, evening..etc.
  • bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
    Reading and skimming today. So tired.
  • Luannelizabeth
    Luannelizabeth Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I did my 8 min of elliptical, 6 min marching, and 58 minutes yoga. Yay!

Marching? Is that marching in place?

• Luannelizabeth
    Luannelizabeth Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the info, @LisaInArkansas !
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,802 Member
    Options
    Allie--Sorry the news for Homer was not good. Our pug Jake is doing so so. The days it was cold he was running around like a puppy. Now that it is warming up he is not moving well and falling over a lot. The vet says long as he is eating and going to the bathroom and not in pain to keep going. He gets meds everyday and some CBD when he gets anxious sometimes when the sun goes down.

Katla--Glad to hear your DD is coming to help and that DH has an appointment today.

Michele--Seems your time down there went by so fast.

Julie--Sending prayers and hugs.

Welcome to the new ladies. This is a great place for friendship and support.

They have been my office and dept most the afternoon taking pictures and measurments for the remodel. I am looking forward to having it done, but because of the alarms and phones they have to work around us.

Blessings, Vicki GRAND ISLAND, NE <3
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,215 Member
    edited March 2022
    Options
    @cattherien
    Welcome to the group, Charlene.

I agree with your sentiments. Tracking is so useful because it gives so much information to help change your habits. Daily weighing is also useful provided that you realise that weight constantly fluctuates. Looking at the trends is definitely the way to go.

Since reaching maintenance I have found tracking and weighing helps me to relax, because I know exactly what’s going on, and can take remedial action if necessary.

@Luannelizabeth
    Welcome, Luanne. You won’t have a problem with this group. We are very much active daily, and love new people joining. Well done on maintaining. I did a similar thing a few years ago, but found that the weight went on dropping slowly. event hit my UGW, and have stayed slightly under that for a while now.
    Do you have a way of checking in with other when it comes to nutrition, exercise, etc.?
    Some of us post here.

☘️ Terri