WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MARCH 2022

Options

Replies

• Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited March 2022
    Options
    Debbie — I am curious about the bracelets you have mentioned. DH used to wear one but my search didn’t find it. I think we’ll put it on the todo list, and look for a new one asap.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,672 Member
    Options
    uyye47hdvb9t.jpeg
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 3,012 Member
    Options
    Katla49 wrote: »
    Debbie — I am curious about the bracelets you have mentioned. DH used to wear one but my search didn’t find it. I think we’ll put it on the todo list, and look for a new one asap.

mom and dad both had pendents that they wore and they had a unit in the home-in case of emergency, all they needed to do was to push the button on the home unit or on their pendent. Immediately someone is on the speaker asking if they need help.
    Mom accidentally pushed her a few weeks ago while outside. She didn't realize it. She didn't hear them ask if she needed help- they tried calling her home and cell phone- she was outside so didn't hear them so they called me- I am over an hour away so I called her neighbor and she went right over there. By the time Joanne got there, mom had found out she had pushed it. They called me back to let me know mom was fine. Very nice people each time they have called me. They had called me both times dad needed it , as I am the first one on the list.
    It is great now beings mom is there by herself most of the time(until Joanne moves in)
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,355 Member
    Options
    💐🌸💮🏵🌹🥀🌺🌻🌼🌷
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,328 Member
    Options
    My mum had one of those pendants, but kept pressing it accidentally and I kept being phoned. She soon got fed up with it and never wore it.

I made a delicious fritatta this evening with loads of fresh asparagus, frozen artichoke hearts, broad beans and peas, scallions and garlic. Plus feta. :D We have enough left for a sandwich lunch on Tuesday. I have Dim Sum planned for tomorrow lunch. DH had fries with his.

Lovely photos of Max and Edie from DDIL today. Edie in her football team and both of them track riding on fixed wheel bicycles. They get to try out in proper stadiums, looks really scary on the tilt!! :o:D

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • pipcd34
    Options
    Ttt
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,381 Member
    Options
    Did Jillian Michaels Ripped in 30 DVD today. Work tomorrow so no formal exercise. In the afternoon we have bowling and then at night ceramics.

Went to SC to get a bisque snail like the one I made for Jess. She wanted another one and I got that one from a lady in SC who passed away. But another lady found one at a ceramics show. I didn’t know that they sell bisque at the shows! I thought they only sold things that had been painted.

Tracey – when Vince and I applied to refinance our mortgage, the guy, no matter how many times Vince explained it, just could not get how his 401K worked.

My leg is still hurting so I’m going to call the MD tomorrow. I'm going to ask to see the MD who correctly diagnosed that I had sciatica before. Maybe she can help me. My regular MD, when I mentioned it to him in Nov. said “at your age, if that’s the only pain you have, you’re lucky. If it gets real bad take Tylenol” Well, Tylenol did diddly. I’m trying using voltaren but that hasn’t been effective. I will not accept the “at your age” or “take Tylenol”. I think it’s either the Prolia that I take or else an inflammation. I tend to think it’s not the Prolia since I believe one of the side effects is joint pain and this pain isn’t in a joint, it’s more muscular. So that’s why I’m thinking inflammation

Totally forgot that I’d promised this one gal that I’d make wine cookies for Wed., our last Newcomer bowling session. So I made them today and I’ll just put them in the freezer.

Julie – would you have a problem staying away from your students? If not, I don’t know that I’d go online. There’s a very good chance that you are negative.

Lisa – I would be fuming (and that’s putting it nicely)!!!! If anyone treated one of my daughters the way your daughter was treated --- well, they’d better watch out. I’m just fuming reading about it. If your SIL knows what’s good, he might just stay in Poland. No, then your daughter couldn’t get the separation/divorce. Well, as soon as the divorce is finalized, he should go far, far, far away if he values his life

Michele NC
  • pipcd34
    Options
    Stat for the day-

housecleaning etc- 1hr 41min 3sec, vacuum upstairs n stairs, dust, etc= 438c

Skipped vacuuming downstairs
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,878 Member
    Options
    :)
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,785 Member
    Options
    Afternoon ladies
    Lisa- did I miss something about your daughter?
    My nephew is up at the cottage in New Hampshire on the coast,not my SIL family place on the lake.. there are 3 kids my 2 and Shane.. and my son Dan doesnt go to far from home,Tracy has her hands full with 2 kids and the family and no extra money to put into a 110 yr old cottage
    Shane.. does HVAC by trade and his stepdad sold his house so Shane is planning on moving up into the cottage.. it is not insulated or heated..and needs alot of work..which bless the boys heart he is doing..
    But as an elder now..lord I cant believe im saying that anyway. All the stuff that has been there all these years Ive been growing up,has been either thrown out or relegated to the attic..
    My brother right now is in rougher shape than me with his eye.. but went up for a few hours just to make sure that all is well.
    Until we are dead and gone the esthetics of the cottage are to stay as is.. no insulation or drywall ,it was built as a summer home.
    Shane is bracing up the place and filling all the cracks and all they will be renovating the 2 bathrooms.
    There were radiators in the place that have been taken out..
    But its freaking me out a bit to see all this change after it being the same for so many years
  • pipcd34
    Options
    C
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,498 Member
    Options
    Afternoon ladies
    Lisa- did I miss something about your daughter?

Allie
    - It was a few pages back - her DH's true colors are all coming to light (and D does NOT stand for dear). Just a few self-serving financial moves he made, and she was too naive at the time to understand what he was doing was using her money for his benefit and had no intention of providing for his wife and children should something happen to him. She calls me at least once a week just to hear my voice, and to have someone she can tell all the things she's thinking and feeling. Mornings, evenings and weekends, she has to be Mom to three children who don't need to know he's a crapweasel, and weekdays she has to be a Sergeant to 30 soldiers looking to her to lead. She's holding up, and holding fast, and I'm proud of her.

No matter how much we try, we can't make the world easy for them. Some things just have to be learned through hard experiences. Hate that.

Later,
    Love,
    Lisa
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,098 Member
    Options
    I got my dumbbells done, Yay! Only half a day late. I did it this morning before Sunday dinner, which was excellent. We were supposed to go out with my friend Craig tomorrow but he can't make it. I think we will go out anyway. I'm just not a great cook and it makes me so nervous to cook for company.

Annie in Delaware
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,322 Member
    Options
    ☘️
  • pipcd34
    Options
    Dd
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,785 Member
    Options
    Lisa- true crapweasel and may the fleas of a thousand camels infest his armpits and other places..
    I know she will come out on Top and the truth will set her free.. maybe they will send him to Russia.. oops did I say that....
    Took a shower and got into some clean jammies and spoke to a good friend on messenger for about 1/2 hr and we had a few laughs ..always needed
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    <3
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,970 Member
    Options
    :) I treated myself to a two hour nap this afternoon 💤💤💤
  • pipcd34
    Options
    6sssuypmouq3.jpeg