Cathe Fans Part 5

Replies

• ThelmaSW
    ThelmaSW Posts: 2,493 Member
    Hi Ladies, no workouts for me on Thursday. I was just physically and mentally exhausted. I haven't slept the last two nights.
    It was another day filled with worry about my kitty. She had to be sedated so the vet could do labs and take an x-ray. She has a UTI. She is feeling much better and is finally eating. She hadn't eaten in almost 3 days. I've been feeding her with a syringe. She is eating on her own now.

The wind kicked in this afternoon and it is very cold. Maybe I just feel super cold because I'm tired and haven't had much rest. The temperature was in the 50's but I needed my down coat to go out to see my chickens. The spot where the coop is gets all the wind and it's cold there. I am not looking forward to more cold days. The weekend will be cold and there is another bad storm coming next week.

Laurie, great workout!
    OMG! I can't believe they're moving that poor lady to another facility! It is stressful for her and for your DH too. It is sad that your MIL doesn't remember your niece. At least she remember that she was there.
    It's scary when the wind is strong that pushes a car around! I hated that when I was working. I don't drive much here so I don't feel it.

My baby is feeling better now. Apparently one of the meds she was given makes clingy and she just wants to be with me on my lap. I of course don't mind.

Laurel, great workouts! I am so glad your leg is feeling better and that you're still not doing leg workouts.

I love your idea of having options A&B during some of our rotation weeks. The Peloton shadowboxing class don't sound like a lot of fun. I love the choreography Cathe and KCM offer for kickboxing and boxing classes.

My kitty is doing MUCH better, thank you.

Ladies, have a wonderful weekend!
    Thelma

I can't believe you didn't get any of that crazy storm!
  • lvnascar
    lvnascar Posts: 3,404 Member
    Morning Ladies,

This morning's workout was a good one. RAW Step and Pump, the pump part was all upper body. This worked well for ending my week with weights. Tomorrow I'm going to try a new RAW workout that is called Healthy Back 2. I really enjoyed her DVD version of this, so hoping this one is just as good.

Laurel, Great job with those workouts! Glad that you are enjoying some of those boxing workouts on Peloton. The biggest problem I have with the Gym Style premixes, is of course the way that they flow. Well they don't flow, so you really have to be ready with the pause button so that you can change up your weights. Thanks for the information on the hospice. That sounds a lot like what she was going to be transferred to before they decided to send her to hospice. She has slowly been taking her meds again, so that is why they mentioned to DH that if she improves then she would have to move. This place charges $500/day if not on Medicare. Can't imagine that anyone would be able to pay that price. :o

Thelma, Glad that you are taking it easy, no need to push it when you are exhausted. So glad to hear that your kitty is doing better, now your stress level for that can go down. ;) You are such a good mom with your animals. They will only move my MIL if she is getting better. Like I told Laurel, they would start charging per day if she stays there. DH's niece visited my MIL again yesterday, and it must have been a good day because she remembered her.

Enjoy your weekend!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    StiringWendel Posts: 3,757 Member
    Hi Ladies! My leg was feeling better again today, so I tested it a bit. So far, so good. We’ll see how it feels after I have been sitting for awhile. :) So my workouts today were XTrain Biceps and Triceps, a 20 minute low impact spin, 10 minutes of Legs and Glutes strength from Peloton, and Cathe Live Legs and Core All Down on the Floor.

Thelma, I am so glad you listened to your body and took a day off. To be honest, I haven’t minded the injury this week because I am feeling a tad fatigued myself. I think 90% of it is the weather. Like you said, it just feels so cold right now even though the temperatures aren’t that cold. Last night we sat outside for a bit, and I had my heavy winter coat on, and I was still cold. And tonight and tomorrow are just going to be worse. And then, like you, we get warmth and storms next week. I am not enjoying this spring. :| Anyhow, I am SOOO happy to hear your kitty is feeling better. As Laurie said, hopefully that relieves you of some stress. Take care of yourself. Oh, btw, we had a hummingbird night before last! So they are around.

Laurie, great workout. I will be interested how you like the RAW healthy back workout. Cathe really needed to put spacers in some of her premixes. That Body Max 2 Bootcamp premix I did the other day had each segment labeled and what weights Cathe used, which made it so easy. I understand that probably takes time in production to do and adds time to the workout length, but it makes for a better workout. One thing Cathe mentioned this last Road Trip is she doesn’t do the premixes. While I understand why she doesn’t, I would have thought somebody on her staff would do them. But more premixes are good than bad, so I am not really complaining…..too much. :) I was so impressed by the home we put my mom in. I hope you and your DH can find something similar for your MIL.

Enjoy the weekend.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies, I hope you had a nice weekend. Ours was busy. We had pretty cold nights and on Sunday morning the temp was 26 degrees at 7am! It warmed up which was very nice. Looking forward to warmer temps.

I saw my first hummingbird! Yaay! The Peonies we planted last fall are doing great and two of the plants have buds already! I can't remember what their description was when I ordered them but I wasn't expecting any flowers this year.

My workouts on Sunday were Gentle Yoga and Jessica Smith Low Impact cardio.
    Sunday: LITE Strong Body Stacked Sets Upper, Spinning.

Laurie, great job with the Step Pump workout!
    I'm glad your MIL will only be moved if she is doing better.

Laurel, great workouts! I am so glad your leg is doing better!
    I agree with you that the fatigue could be due to the weather.
    Knowing that my kitty is doing better does relieve a lot of my stress.

Have a great week!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

I was able to get the RAW Healthy Back 2 workout in on Saturday, and I really liked it. Sometimes stretching workout don't concentrate on the back as much, so this felt great. No workout on Sunday, and this morning's workout was Jessica Smith's Walk Strong 3 Cardio Interval Sculpt. This workout has always been surprisingly tough. This week is going to be a Jessica week for me.

Update on DH's mom. We went to see her on Sunday, and she isn't doing all that great. She is having difficulty breathing, and they have her on oxygen. Of course she told the nurse that if she passes away while we where in the room, then we where responsible for her death. After we where out of there, DH asked if his mom thought we where going to kill her. I said of course that is what she was implying. :/ She didn't even know who I was.

We are finally getting some warmer weather around here this week. Doesn't look like any rain/snow is in the forecast.

Laurel, Love the sound of all those workouts, and I'm glad to hear that you leg is feeling better. I didn't realize that the Body Max 2 workout was labeled with the weights. Guess I will have to look at that one again. The whole Hardcore Series had issues when they where released. The premixes where not as thought out, and that is the only series that I have volume issues. I still enjoy the workouts though. :D Never knew that Cathe wasn't involved in the premixes. Sometimes I wonder what they where thinking when they put some of them together. ;)

Thelma, Great job with all your workouts! Can't wait for your first bud to flower on your Peonies, that is so great. We do have some life coming up out of the ground, but nothing near blooming. I'm sure that the crocus will be starting some time this week with these warmer temps.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! Hope you enjoyed the weekend. Our weekend was a blend of errands and chores, but we got a lot done. Yesterday was a perfectly beautiful day, so after finishing chores, I took my book outside and read for a couple of hours. It is the first time I have been able to do that this year because it has been so uncharacteristically windy. Yesterday, at long last, was calm. But today is rain. At least it is warm. :)

For workouts, on Saturday I did Jessica’s YouTube Feel Good Fusion and 45 minutes of yoga. Yesterday was a 45 minute spin and the floor work premix from Butts and Guts. And today was Cathe Live Legs for Days All Low Impact Kickboxing, HiiT and Core followed by a good stretch from Open Fit. My leg is feeling much better, that’s for certain.

Thelma, great workouts. Hopefully you continue to feel more rested this week. Even though it is going to be gloomy, we are expecting spring temperatures at least which, I know for me, will help. I am glad you are seeing buds on your peonies. Things are finally beginning to turn green here, and it seems so late this spring.

Laurie, great workouts. I am glad you enjoyed the back stretch. I agree that it is too often ignored in stretching. I am sorry to hear about your MIL. That had to be a very difficult visit for both you and your DH. I haven’t had any issues with the sound in the Hard Core series, but now that you mention it—I very rarely do any premixes from that series. There were so many workouts in the series, and I have always felt they rush the production sometimes on many of their workouts. So with a series that large, I suppose I am not surprised by the faults. But, as you say, it is still a fantastic series.

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies, my workouts on Monday were Gina B Low Impact Hiit and LITE Strong Body Stacked Sets Lower.

We are now dealing with a sick chicken! I never knew chickens were so delicate. I've been given the girls a treat that is basically a mix of dry grains. One of the girls apparently became unable to digest them and now she has an obstruction. She'll have surgery tomorrow. We are praying she makes it. You would think that living in farm country there would be avian vets. Apparently there is one and she is out of town until next week. After many calls I finally found a vet who would see her. We really liked him.
    If Maggie makes it through the surgery, I will have to feed her with a syringe for a little while.

Laurie, great job with your workouts! I'm glad you liked the Healthy Back 2 workout!

OMG on your MIL telling the nurse that you would be responsible for her death! I hope your DH understands that the person saying those things is no longer his mom. I am sorry she didn't recognize you and that your MIL is not doing that great.

I'm glad you're finally warming up! We are having warmer temps too but somewhat of a cloudy/rainy week.

I always thought that Peonies took a few years to bloom, at least that was my experience with the ones I had in MA. I guess they have different kinds. The ones I bought are probably small flowers.
    We are going here to what the locals call Dogwood winter. The dogwood trees are starting to bloom. So pretty! I'm sure you'll have crocuses pretty soon.

Laurel, I'm glad you had a good weekend. We had a little shower today but I the chances of rain will increase the next few days.

Great workouts and I'm glad your leg is feeling better!

I am still exhausted but that is because we've been dealing with a sick chicken since last week. At least my cat is better. I've been doing my rounds between all the pets, the recovering cat, up/down stairs to see the sick chicken, then outside to see the other chickens. DH takes care of Chico the dog.

I am glad the temperatures are finally warming up. It was a little on the cool side here but no wind! Are the early spring blooming trees there blooming? There are pops of color everywhere now.

See you tomorrow!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    edited April 2022
    Morning Ladies,

This morning's workout was Walk Strong 3 Pilates + Yoga. Always a good way to get the core work done.

Laurel, Glad to hear that the weather was good enough for you to enjoy some time reading. We will have a day like that soon, I'm sure. Great job on all those workouts! I have to admit that my MIL does come up with some creative things though. She said that DH was printing money in the basement, and giving it to the nurses to keep her there. I thought that was pretty interesting. Yesterday my youngest and DH went to visit, and apparently dd's boyfriend is making wine in his basement with his dad. Have to wonder how her mind can create these scenarios.

Thelma, Awesome job with the workouts! Oh dang on your hen having problems. I hope everything goes well. You will take great care of her when the surgery is done. My MIL thinks that she needs to go back to the hospital to do her PT, so she isn't doing any of it. She is a fighter, so she isn't giving up. I have always had that experience with Peonies, they took a few years to bloom. It may be the climate also, since you are in a different zone.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was Cathe Live Strong Upper Body and Core followed by a Live workout she filmed two weeks ago called Kick, Jump and Jab. I had planned a spin today, but that upper body workout was tough! So since I hadn’t done the kickboxing workout yet, I decided I could accomplish a couple things with it—try a new workout and loosen up my arms. I’m glad I did because my arms feel much better now.

Thelma, great workouts. But I am so sorry to hear about your chicken! No wonder you are so exhausted. You have certainly been through a lot this winter with your animals. I hope she makes it through surgery and recovers fully. I had another hummingbird buzz me when I was sitting on the deck yesterday, which always makes me smile. Our spring trees are beginning to bloom. I just got back from a walk, and color is popping up everywhere. Finally. :)

Laurie, great workout. I really enjoy that one. It almost sounds like your MIL is recounting books she read or movies she saw at one time. I mean….making wine or money in the basement? That’s just not quite a standard thought process. I hope she is willing to get some PT soon.

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies, today was a lite workout day for me. I did a Jessica Smith Low Impact workout.
    The morning was in the high 50's. Very nice. It finally warmed up into the low 70's and the night temps will remain the 60's!

Our little hen couldn't be saved so we asked the vet to euthanize her. She was a sweet chicken.

Laurie, sounds like a great workout!
    Interesting how your MIL's mind is coming up with all those interesting scenarios. She definitely is a fighter.

I hadn't thought about the climate being the reason for the Peonies to have blooms during their first year. I can't remember their descriptions when I ordered them online, but they must be early bloomers.

Laurel, great workouts! Good idea to do the kickboxing workout instead of a spinning one!

We really have been through a lot with our animals. Sadly our hen was to sick to make it.

I've yet to hear a hummingbird buzz near me. I've not even had time to sit out on the deck. I do see them from inside the house. I have these little swings for the hummingbirds. They are using them already! It usually takes them weeks before they start using them. I know that we at least have two hummingbirds because I see one at each of our two feeders. I love those little guys.
    I am so glad you're finally seeing signs of blooming trees. I hope we are done with the winter!

See you tomorrow!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

This morning's workout was Walk Strong 3 Upper Body. This one is deceptive, because you think that you can lift like your Cathe workout, and then you are taking the weight down a bit. :D Felt great though.

I hope that you all heard about the update on STS 2.0. I'm glad to hear that she is working on it, and looking forward to some more details.

Laurel, Those workouts sound like fun! Nice that you where able to try that live kickboxing workout. This morning our weather was in the 60's and the birds where going crazy when we walked out of the house for our walk. It sure was a pleasure to hear that. I was wondering if his mom had seen something on TV and that is why she came up with those themes. DH saw her again yesterday, and he said that she is not improving.

Thelma, Great job on your workout! Sounds like we are having the same temps. Unfortunately we are getting forecast for a thunderstorm, and the temps will drop into the 40's. It sure was nice to walk in just need a hoodie for warmth. I'm so sorry to hear about your chicken. :(

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was a tough one. I did Cathe Live Lower Body Bootcamp into a 45 minute HiiT and Hills spin. I finished it off with 20 minutes of hip focused yoga, which felt great.

Thelma, great workout. But I am so sorry to hear about your little chicken. You must be so sad right now, especially since you spend so much time taking care of them. Hugs to you. I, too, hope we are done with winter. We don’t have any freezing temperatures in our extended forecast, and the closer we get to May, the more comfortable I am in thinking at least those cold temps will be gone. Now if we could just get rid of the wind! :o This is the first time I remember seeing hummingbirds this early in the season. It makes me happy to have them back.

Laurie, great workout. That one and the lower body one are so good. I saw Cathe’s update last night, and I am glad she finally has confirmed what she is doing. Jessica Smith sent out a new newsletter today about her new series as well, and it included a link to a rotation. It looks like it is going to be a good program as well. I am anxious to hear more about both. I am glad you are finally hearing the birds sing. That is the best sign of spring for me. But I am sorry to hear about your MIL and her lack of improvement. Hoping today is a better day.

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies, my workouts on Wednesday were Spinning and LITE Pyramid Pump Upper Body.
    We had another warm day with a few passing showers. We were in the low 70's. Thursday will be a rainy day.

Thanks Ladies. We are doing a little better about our chicken. We know we did the best we could for her.
    DH asked me to get a plant for her little grave site. He's so sweet!

Laurie, great workout!
    I don't have any notifications from Cathe about STS 2.0! I'm glad she's working on it too! I just checked her Facebook page and found the update. She's even doing a makeover for her set!

Thunderstorms are not fun at all. Sorry your temps will drop into the 40's. Hopefully not for long though! I'm sorry your MIL is not improving.

Laurel, great workouts!

Thanks for the hug Laurel. I really hope we've seen the last of the cold temps. The wind is insane around here.
    I always document the date of my first hummingbird sighting. Last year it was 4/7 and this year 4/10.

See you tomorrow!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

We again had internet problems here at work, but it seems to be better now. My workout this morning was Walk Strong 3 Lower Body. Loved it!!!

Laurel, Very nice workouts! I read the Jessica newsletter this morning, and you are right, it is something that I'm probably going to be interested in. After doing these WS3 workouts this week, I've been really enjoying these workouts. I may do another week next week, but doing the total body/metabolic workouts. I hope that we hear something soon on both of them.

Thelma, Great job with the workout! We had a lot of rain yesterday, and then it went from 70 deg to waking up to 32. Such a crazy drop in temps. I read that about the set change. That should be exciting also. I love seeing the progression of her sets also.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was Cathe Live Upper Body Bootcamp followed by Cathe Live Cardio Metabolic Sweat. This latter class was filmed last week and starts with mixed impact HIIT on the floor, then a middle section of no impact metabolic moves with light weight (5-8#), then ends with mixed impact HiiT on a 4” platform. I really enjoyed this workout. It wasn’t easy but having that middle break from high intensity was great and kept the heart rate up nicely.

Thelma, great workout. I am glad you are feeling a little better about your little chicken. Did you get any storm last night? We had a good thunder storm with buckets of rain, but the wind wasn’t nearly as bad as they were predicting—thankfully. Today is a beautiful day, though. Things are really beginning to turn now.

Laurie, love that workout! I am glad you are enjoying Jessica this week. I hate the kind of temperature drops you are experiencing. Yesterday we were in the mid-80s, and my sisters in Denver had temperatures in the teens. No thank you to that! I feel very lucky at the moment because it looks like that cold front won’t hit us.

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies, my workouts on Thursday were Slow Flow Yoga, Low Impact Cardio and LIS Total Body Trisets - Lower Body Split.

The rain wasn't as bad as predicted. I really only rain for a couple of hours in the early morning. The northern wind was blowing all day long.

I got my usual annual flower baskets for the deck and my hummingbirds. Since it's going to be raining on Saturday we'll go plant shopping for a couple of perennial flowering plants.

Laurie, great workout! I'm glad your internet problems at work were resolved.

I don't like those drastic temperature changes! We don't many of those days here but we had one not too long ago. I can't wait to see Cathe's new set!

Laurel, great workout! The Cathe live sounds like a great workout!

We didn't get a thunder storm just a little rain. Thursday was supposed to be a rainy day but it wasn't. The little rain we got made a lot of trees around our property pop. Things are happening now!

Have a wonderful weekend!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

This morning's workout was Walk Strong 3 Cardio Step Jam. This wasn't a difficult workout, but it was fun.

DH said that his mom isn't doing well, and the doctor is monitoring her because her incision from her hip surgery has opened up. Since she is refusing to take her meds, she is retaining water. The incision has opened up because of that, so the doctor wants to make sure that she doesn't develop an infection. Right now his main goal is to make her comfortable.

Laurel, Great job with those workout. The live class does sound like a lot of fun. The biggest problem with this temperature drop was the wind. Last night the church was just creaking from the wind. Glad to hear that the cold front will not hit your area. It's not going to warm up until next week, so welcome spring. :D

Thelma, Love the workouts! Sounds like we shared that wind experience yesterday. Nice that you have your flower baskets ready for those hummingbirds. I was looking outside yesterday, and the crocuses are blooming! We also have some daffodils coming up. Spring will be here even though our temps are in the 30's. :D

Happy Easter!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was Cathe Live Pumped Up Lower Body and a tough but doable 60 minute spin. DH and I just returned from a nice walk as well. While heavy rain is expected over night, it is gloriously beautiful right now. :)

Thelma, great workouts. We had another hummingbird yesterday. I am hoping to get some flowers tomorrow to put by our feeders. I agree that things are really beginning to pop right now. This is my favorite time of the year with all of the emerging colors. So pretty.

Laurie, great workout. I remember enjoying that one though I think I have only done it once or twice. Yay for having flowers popping up! It’s just too bad your temperatures are making it feel like spring. :| I am sorry to hear about your MIL, though. I will keep her and all of you in my prayers.

Happy Easter! Enjoy the weekend.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies, I hope you had nice Easter weekend. Our weekend was busy and productive. DH took Friday afternoon off to work on the chicken's run project. While he was building wall frames I was staining. On Saturday morning we got up early and went to Home Depot. DH went to the lumber and hardware area and I hit the garden center. We had a quick breakfast and outside we went to work on the chicken project pretty much until about 4pm. While DH finished what he was working on. I started to plant little annuals I'd bought. We were exhausted but got so much accomplished!

We went out to for Easter brunch with some friends on Sunday, which was nice because we never do anything for Easter.

We were supposed to have a rainy weekend but it wasn't that way at all. There was some rain on Friday night into early Saturday and that was it. We had some rain Sunday night and Monday is expected to be rainy.

My workouts on Friday were Gentle yoga, Pilates abs and Spinning.
    Sunday workouts were Gina B Low Impact Hiit and Butts & Guts.

Laurie, great workout on Friday! Yaaay on the early spring flowers showing signs of life! Spring is just around the corner for you now!
    I'm really sorry about your MIL. All the doctors can do at this point is keep her comfortable.

Laurel, great workouts! Good job on that 60 spin class!
    I'm only seeing one hummingbird at-a-time now. I think the females are nesting already.

Have a wonderful week!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

I will get the sad news over with right away. DH's mom passed away peacefully last night. We visited her earlier that day, and her breathing was very shallow. They had her on a low dose of morphine to make her comfortable, so she was basically sleeping while we where there. Apparently his mom was the only resident at the hospice, so she was the only patient that they had to take care of. They took very good care of her at this place. While we where there one nurse just sat with us, and asked DH to tell her a little bit about his mom. Some of it makes me cry just thinking about it. Her funeral will probably not be until the beginning of May, so we have some time to get things ready.

Besides that we did have a busy but nice weekend. I didn't workout, because of being so busy. The kids where over on Saturday, and we had our Brinner. Easter Sunday was church, I finished a quilt square, we went back to the church to move some things because they are painting this next week, and then we went to see his mom. Of course we woke up to and inch of snow on the ground. :p My workout this morning was so much fun, and I couldn't wait to try it out. I did RAW Box and Pump #5. I used my 1.5# egg weights, and followed Kelly with a 20lb weight that she used for some simple lower/upper body moves. I'm feeling this workout all over, but my abs are more noticeable.

Laurel, Nice workouts! Glad that you where able to get out to enjoy the weather before your potential rain. I was kind of hoping to take a picture of the flowers in the snow this morning, but I forgot after we got back from our walk. Thanks for the prayers, we know that she is in a much better place now. She can start bugging Dad again. :D

Thelma, Great job with the coop building project. I'm sure those flowers will start looking great in a matter of weeks. Nice that you could go out for brunch, we may have to look into that for next year. Love the workouts! I sure hope this is the last snow fall that we have, the cold is getting to be annoying. We are very thankful for this hospice, and the doctor was giving my DH updates all the time. Like I said, she is now in a much better place.

Have a great day!
    Laurie