• 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,304 Member
    Options
    :)
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,197 Member
    edited April 2022
    Options
    DH went off with Max to walk along the seafront, ending up at Fatto a Mano. :p He should be home in a little while. Hope it went well.

I managed 400 words and had a king prawn curry laksa for lunch. Heaven! :p Thought of you, Michele, when I tipped in the shiritaki noodles. :D

Hair washing this afternoon. Watch a French video while rowing.
    Mushroom omelette for dinner.

Love Heather UK xxxxxx
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,691 Member
    Options
    Morning ladies
    Quiet morning this morning, Alfie and I are just sort of chilling out in bed..
    Tracy texted early saying Kyle has 1 more day home ,and she was supposed to work yesterday but nobody informed her.. great way to start employment..geesh .so i guess she will be working ,monday,Wednesday, Fridays ,7-12 so ill be there tomorrow early to take care of mr mr..
    The freezer was supposed to be delivered today but is now going to be delivered on Saterday
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,530 Member
    Options
  • teklawa1
    teklawa1 Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    Last night and this morning I couldn't log into MFP. It kept telling me username or password weren't accurate. I've used the same user name and password for years. Today I changed my password and hope it solves the issue.

Kim Hugs..lots of them.
    Lisa Corey was so near the disaster. Life is good. Too close.
    Pip Just wondering, do you feel stronger everyday?

Lots more things I had to comment on but thoughts flit out of my head. Today I'm missing Kris. What a treat to have him here.

Betsy in NW WA

• LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,374 Member
    Options
    Morning, afternoon and evening, all...

Re: Tornadoes. Allie - No, we don't have a tornado shelter. Corey and I live in a stone house, and it's been standing now for around 70 years. In all honesty, I'd rather stand under the tallest tree and beg lightning to hit me than live in a mobile home again anyway. I am not so filled with hubris that I think our home is invulnerable, just that, in an inside hall, I feel as safe as I would in a storm shelter and I don't get the heebie-jeebies from staying in a small, enclosed space. The old joke goes "What's the difference between a Texas divorce and an Arkansas tornado? Somebody is going to lose a mobile home."

My feeling about the whole thing is that everyone has natural disasters in their area, heck, Alaska and Hawaii and the Pacific Northwest have volcanoes! Everyone just decides what they're able to withstand and lives there. I don't sweat tornadoes too much until the siren goes off. Then I grab my Kindle and a few pillows and go read in the hallway. I also make sure to take my phone, because my daughter or my sister or my best friend in Montana will be calling me shortly. <3

Kim, I know you must be exhausted. Well done on all you've made sure happened. I know that your effort is largely to protect your nephew whom you love so much, and it seems you're about to get to that finish line.

Trying to decide whether to go up to Walmart and get the few things we need. The weather is supposed to be the same this afternoon. It's these warm spring days that a cold front hits and generates some serious rotation that spins up a tornado. I think I will go... another ten minutes and all the buses will be back to the bus corrals, and traffic will lighten up. Corey, bless him, did the grocery shopping this weekend, and forgot to get the veggies he takes every day for lunch!

Later, y'all,
    Thanks for caring!
    Love,
    Lisa in AR
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,036 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies!

I had a lovely Mexican lunch yesterday with my college buddy. I had been meaning to try the restaurant for years and finally made it happen. The food was okay, and the decor was cheerful. And of course, the company was excellent.

I'm playing phone tag with the doctor's office. So many labor saving devices these days, from washing machines to microwaves, so now we can use our time to leave phone messages. I need results of my mom's blood work before I renew her blood thinner prescription.

My knee is sore today. I'm glad I stopped yoga when I did yesterday. I guess I can go back to the abs workout.

I need to go grocery shopping today but I still don't know if I am cooking for Easter or not. I like to have big family meals, but I don't have much experience cooking them. It makes me nervous.

Well, back to looking at houses until the doctor calls.

Annie in Delaware
  • minicooper452
    minicooper452 Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    <3
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    Kim--Glad to hear things are coming together. I know you have a lot going on, please take care of yourself

Lisa--Glad to hear DH got home safe and the storm missed you. It is to be in the 80's here today and back to the 50's rest of the week. Storms coming this afternoon. I just pray we get some soaking rain,need it really bad. Lots of grass fires around the state.

Lanette--Sorry to hear about the damage the snow did. Crazy weather.

Michele--I am sure you will figure out the strings out as you do such great work on your ceramics.

Have a management meeting most of this afternoon. Be the first in person one in over a year. I admit I like the zoom ones better as can do other things and just listen. Also I can hear so much better over the zoom. But it is what it is.

Blessings, Vicki GRAND ISLAND, NE where it is to get into the high 80's today with storms later and in the 50's tomorrow. <3
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,036 Member
    Options
    Welcome Michelle in Seattle! You are in the right place!

Many of us struggle with food in the home. My mom wants to keep junk food on hand for my father including pie, pudding, cookies and candy. I have trouble resisting the cookies and candy. It's a daily battle. One thing that I heard but haven't tried myself yet is to write a letter to yourself when you feel strong and then read it when you feel weak. Also make sure you have healthy snacks more readily available and the junk food out of sight. Hope today is a great day for you!

Annie in Delaware
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,691 Member
    Options
    Oh Kim - lort ,as Madea would say you sure do have your hands full. I hope and pray it all just can go smoothly for you...
    Its kind of rainy here this morning but this afternoon will be sunny and close to 70 yipee. My kind of weather..
  • cityjaneLondon
    edited April 2022
    Options
    (((KIM))) <3 We are listening, and we hear how justifiably angry you are at the abuse you have suffered all these years. I love that you still have an open heart towards your nephew and godchildren. <3 Bravo!

DH's walk went wonderfully. :D Max chatted away the whole time and even held his hand once or twice, quite unselfconsciously. So great to give him that attention and time. DH talked a bit about his own school days.
    DH came home with the world's best Scotch eggs from Canham's.
    Strangely enough, I was just listening this morning to a podcast about how important it is to truly pay attention to our relationships. Individual serious listening for at least 5 minutes a day. The value of attention cannot be overstated. The walk and talk is an excellent way to do it. Driving. DH and I do it every morning when I bring him up a cup of tea. We flower in the light of another's unconditional positive regard.
    I hope that's what DH can do for Max. <3

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,530 Member
    Options
    teklawa1 wrote: »
    Last night and this morning I couldn't log into MFP. It kept telling me username or password weren't accurate. I've used the same user name and password for years. Today I changed my password and hope it solves the issue.

Kim Hugs..lots of them.
    Lisa Corey was so near the disaster. Life is good. Too close.
    Pip Just wondering, do you feel stronger everyday?

Lots more things I had to comment on but thoughts flit out of my head. Today I'm missing Kris. What a treat to have him here.

Betsy in NW WA

I’m getting there. I haven’t done a run yet to see how that goes. Getting easier. Not feeling so worn out after an 8mile walk which is good. Thx for asking
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    Kate UK ❤️
  • cityjaneLondon
    Options
    How are you , Kate UK? <3

Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options