WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR APRIL 2022

Replies

• margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,045 Member
    Annie I went to a Mexican restaurant yesterday called Morelos named after a state in Mexico just south of Mexico City. They had a map of Mexico up and it was fun to learn more about the geography of the Nation. Our waiter was a delight too. We went after seeing the flowers at Como Park conservatory. I had not been there in two years so it was a double treat. I did take pictures. Still need to download them. I still take my pictures on a digital camera. We actually had nice weather for here too. Wind and storms coming today.
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,444 Member
    Morning, afternoon and evening, all...

Re: Tornadoes. Allie - No, we don't have a tornado shelter. Corey and I live in a stone house, and it's been standing now for around 70 years. In all honesty, I'd rather stand under the tallest tree and beg lightning to hit me than live in a mobile home again anyway. I am not so filled with hubris that I think our home is invulnerable, just that, in an inside hall, I feel as safe as I would in a storm shelter and I don't get the heebie-jeebies from staying in a small, enclosed space. The old joke goes "What's the difference between a Texas divorce and an Arkansas tornado? Somebody is going to lose a mobile home."

My feeling about the whole thing is that everyone has natural disasters in their area, heck, Alaska and Hawaii and the Pacific Northwest have volcanoes! Everyone just decides what they're able to withstand and lives there. I don't sweat tornadoes too much until the siren goes off. Then I grab my Kindle and a few pillows and go read in the hallway. I also make sure to take my phone, because my daughter or my sister or my best friend in Montana will be calling me shortly. <3

Kim, I know you must be exhausted. Well done on all you've made sure happened. I know that your effort is largely to protect your nephew whom you love so much, and it seems you're about to get to that finish line.

Trying to decide whether to go up to Walmart and get the few things we need. The weather is supposed to be the same this afternoon. It's these warm spring days that a cold front hits and generates some serious rotation that spins up a tornado. I think I will go... another ten minutes and all the buses will be back to the bus corrals, and traffic will lighten up. Corey, bless him, did the grocery shopping this weekend, and forgot to get the veggies he takes every day for lunch!

Later, y'all,
    Thanks for caring!
    Love,
    Lisa in AR

Glad Cory an you are safe! I have never experienced being in a tornado. I remember being in earthquakes in Japan though. We lived in a tower on the 9th floor and it swayed! I was taking a bath at the time, and it sounded like someone was jiggling the door handle, and my water sloshed around! It was amazingly scary, but the buildings are meant to sway. When we lived off base, we experienced one there. It misaligned our front door so you could see what the weather was like by peeking under. Then we had more, and it went back in place. Crazy!
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,684 Member
    Afternoon ladies
    Went and visited Homer with Alfie then took a ride... went to see my brother but he is on his way back up to N.H. they are scheduled to have 7 trees taken down up at the cottage.he just got home yesterday and left again this morning, because he has to be up there as he is the homeowner...told him to send pictures...
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,034 Member
    Carol, too bad about your pulled muscles! It is so tough to get the right amount of exercise. Hope you can find some therapeutic heat for them.

We seem to be leaving the question of Easter dinner unsettled until the last minute. Who knows what we will end up doing! I did find a three pound piece of lamb in the freezer, so that might be a start.

Annie in Delaware
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    *Yay, Pip!*
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,684 Member
    Evening ladies
    The pictures i have gotten today have made me giddy...
    Pictures of baby toes in the grass,and trying to walk...
    Tracy had Miles in his walker and let him try some banana,lordy he was trying to gum that down what a riot.. just a taste though..
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,521 Member
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,034 Member
    Pip excellent! So glad you are healing!

Annie in Delaware
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,905 Member
    <3
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    <3
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited April 2022
    I just saw a hummingbird at my feeder. I am happy they are still here. ❤️ They previously were living in a blackberry bramble. The bramble has been cut down. I would be happy to see it grow back.