Women 200lb+, Let's Astonish Ourselves This April!!!

Replies

• KeriA
    KeriA Posts: 3,268 Member
    Good morning,

Yesterday my youngest came in and asked if I wanted to go for a walk. It was like - duh Keri, that is what I wanted to do. How could I forget. Thanks let's go.

I got meal planning done yesterday so now I need to go grocery shopping. Good for my NEAT goal but still need that exercise.

I had a dream last night where I put on a long shift dress thinking to cover my weight but as I put it on I felt that I had lost weight and as I came out everyone noticed I had lost significant weight. I think it was to remind me that the priority now isn’t getting a job, doing taxes, or even family but getting healthy. In the dream my relationship with family seemed to be adjusting.

I think that this is an important time for reflection for me. I am preparing for retirement. I am out of work for now. I have time to get healthy. I have this potential job opportunity that is there but not yet open. It is a break after a good job which was busy at the end. I need to take time each day to reflect and keep focused on the most important priorities. Not the ones the world thinks is important but what I know is. I beat one health issue but I need to keep going to be healthy completely.

@serenissima14 hope you have a great start back to getting healthy.
    @justanaotherloser007 nice comparison pictures
    @roz0810 Good for getting back on track.
    @CupcakeCruesoe making progress with home improvements and enjoying time with friends is ambitious. Enjoy! I have to go down to my home office/studio and clean it up after my job ending and reorient for a studio. Haven’t gotten there yet.
    @nebslp Glad you joined us. I agree about the 1 number thing. I think eating healthy and getting exercise is much more important.
    @kenziestabes Happy birthday, hope you are feeling better.
    @seltzer_lover Good for you for recalculating. Hope you see progress soon. Yes exercise is part of the equation.
    @hap2go Just keep up the selfcare.
    @goal06082021 I didn’t really like macaroni and cheese until my 2nd pregnancy someone made us a meal after my youngest was born. It was custard based mac and cheese (think it is a southern thing – I was living in Texas then) and I loved it. I now substitute half the macaroni with cut up cauliflower and often add a green vegetable. Anyway here’s to new days either way.
    @sandielewis 2001 Hang in there until you get through this stressful busy time. You will make progress soon.
  • bonniemcc4
    bonniemcc4 Posts: 129 Member
    @seltzer_lover i hope the water weight goes back down for you soon!

@goal06082021 not going over maintenance calories is a good win!
  • bonniemcc4
    @roz0810 you can do this!
  • porquenoirl
    porquenoirl Posts: 76 Member
    Hey all, I wanted to pop in and say a proper hi today as I've been running around with work all week (ps the new job is going great!). I'm not due to weigh in until tomorrow, I'm currently up 2lbs and I'm going to fast today because I'm off work and have the flexibility to do it (I was supposed to go and try kayak surfing which I wouldn't have fasted for but the surf is flat so I'm taking the opportunity!). I'm also super interested in the health benefits of slightly longer fasts, ie around the 48hr mark, so going to give that a shot. I've done a few of these in the past but it's been a while since.

I don't know if I mentioned I signed up for a swimming challenge at the end of May, it's called "Swim a mile" but I put myself down for 800M. Well, I swam that twice this week, so I'm not sure if I'll manage the mile but I'm going to track my progress in the coming weeks and make a call on that. But I have noticed my appetite was up this week, I had read an article a few weeks ago saying that swimming can increase appetite more than other cardio, so instead of doing 3 swims per week, I think I'll go back to 2 and get back time for other stuff.

And had my 4th week of archery class last night, it's been so much fun, I improved more again last night (last week was a bit of a disaster!). My OH is really into it as well so looking like we'll buy a set of gear that we can share (but I'm suggesting we fit it more to his needs because I already have swimming and kayaking and I suspect it'll be more of a him thing that I'll potter at from time to time). We have our last class next week and there's talk of them taking us out to shoot in the forest. Archery is only a sport here, ie no hunting allowed and I'm just as happy to keep it that way (I personally couldn't face hunting) but they use 3D dummies and I'm excited to give that a shot (lol, totally unintended pun!).

@KeriA Hope you're feeling better after your booster! And good luck with the job search, I'm just after completing my first month in a new job, so I know it takes all sorts of energy and organization.
    @serenissima14 welcome! I'm only here a hot minute and this is such an awesome group. Here's to us helping ourselves so we can help others too.
    @justanotherloser007 OMG you are so pretty in both your pics! That is a totally inspiring loss.
    @CupcakeCrusoe Good luck with the shelves! I want to do more home improvement but am still renting and I've already done some work here but I feel like I want to save my energy and budget for my own home. Oh your room looks great! Would you get a slip cover for the arm chair? (of course now I see this is the general advice....lol)
    @seltzer_lover So sorry about the setback, I'm pretty much the same this week, up 2lbs (I have one more day before weighing in so I'm going to do a fast today, but a slightly more prolonged bc I want that healing goodness too!). I keep having to refocus myself after a setback and I know that my weight loss won't always be linear, of course it depends on how I'm feeling in myself how it lands. In a good week I can remember that the scale is just one tool and that I'm building habits to help me forever more. Keep in the circle and I'll vent with you if that helps :p
    @nebslp Firstly I think you have every right to be mad about the health ins thing, I'm just getting HI for the first time at 41 but lucky enough to be based in Ireland, our health system has issues but I know it's harder elsewhere. We weight about the same and no one ever asked me my weight in applying for ins, so just to say that is BS. And heck, I think we could all, understandably, be frustrated with ourselves at times, I know that I have to be careful how frustrated I allow myself to get, enough and it's motivation but too much can shut me down. Then again I have friends who drive themselves on that fuel! We're all so different.
    @kenziestabes Ah shoot, sinus infections suck (have had so many). Hope you're feeling better soon and back in the gym!
    @roz0810 Oh I know how that feels! Hit me up if you want to chat, can totally relate. I feel like I've gotten more of the movement piece down but now I need to rein in my eating.
    @hap2go I swear @CupcakeCrusoe is right, mercury must be in gatorade or something! This month is blah for so many of us. But heck, we're still here and trucking!
    @goal06082021 OMG you have put into words something that I kinda knew I was doing but was in denial about!
    @sandielewis2001 Wow you are flying it considering all you have going on! Hope things settle soon.
  • CupcakeCrusoe
    CupcakeCrusoe Posts: 1,351 Member
    Good morning everyone! Friday weigh in day!

Christina
    33 years old
    5'4"

SW: 220ish
    Re-SW: 200.4
    Halfway GW: 183
    UGW: 150

April GOALS! 🌻

🟨 Log every food in grams. ✅
    🟨 Get 7k steps every day, no excuses ✅
    🟨 Lift weights 3x week✅
    🟨 More than 100g protein every day❌

Weigh-ins:
    4/1: 193.4
    4/8: 193.4 (-0)
    4/15: 192.4 (-1.0)

I'm just staying at 192.4. Which is kind of neat, since I'm eating maintenance calories, and definitely went over two days this week. So my maintenance level is somewhere over 2000 (for now).

This morning, gardening is on the list of things to do, as well as eat pizza and watch lots of Nic Cage movies. Gotta get that relaxation in until I'm sick of it before the babies come back. I need to check in with my mom to see if she wants me to bring anything on Sunday. Oh, and I have a bushel of mustard greens to pickle, lol. So relaxing but also lots of work, sounds on brand for me, haha.

I made coffee in a moka pot for the first time today! It's so cool to watch the coffee come out the spout!

Tag party!
    @hap2go @goal06082021 @porquenoirl I'll definitely look into a slipcover. The last time I looked for one, they were for either dining chairs or loveseats, but I did not look very hard. And I could always just throw a sheet over it and go from there.
    Also @hap2go keep logging, keep the deficit, keep the faith. And drink more water? That usually helps me when I feel swollen.
    Also @goal06082021 I know exactly the feeling of eating food you don't really want to, and then wanting something better. I try not to do it either, but I also hate wasting food and feel I "deserve" better tasting food after, lol
    @seltzer_lover I totally get the recalculating and recalculating, been there, haha. :heart:
    @justanotherloser007 yes, I banished Whatsisface from my craft room and it made all the difference. This one simple trick... lol.
    @sandielewis2001 that's the spirit! I hope things calm down for you soon.
    @KeriA I love the way you put that :heart: :
    the most important priorities. Not the ones the world thinks is important but what I know is.
    @serenissima14 I love this too!:
    I don't get to choose whether life is going to throw me a curve ball. I do get to choose whether I treat myself poorly as a result.
    Also @porquenoirl all your adventures sound like so much fun!

Y'all have been so inspiring even in spite of things not going your way. This is a really great group. :heart: Happy Friday everyone!

weight.png
  • hap2go
    hap2go Posts: 105 Member
    edited April 2022
    DRIVE BY POSTING...

March SW 230

march 29-april 4 221-222 dad in and out of hospital but I'm proud that I still got in my 30 minutes of exercise every day even if it was just walking (literally) around the hospital building

april 5 222.4 just gonna leave that there and be depressed...
    april 6 223 even better ( /s)
    april 7 222.8 better direction....
    april 8 221.8
    april 9 didnt weigh but huge wine dinner last night and birthday dinner for my mom tonight - this weekend is shot
    april 10 222 tennis exercise I had planned got cancelled due to partners injury :(
    april 11 223
    april 12 223.6
    april 13 224
    april 14 224.3 well this sucks - also, I'm retaining all kinds of water and no clue why
    april 15 223.4 (yes thats funny considering yesterdays weight - at least its the right direction again)

CW 224.3
    GW 190
    UG 150-175

Total loss so far 6.6 lbs

weight.png
  • seltzer_lover
    seltzer_lover Posts: 261 Member
    A quick pop-in before I hit the road today to go see my parents.

Thanks for all the support! I know it's just my body working itself out. Unfortunately, it's messing with me mentally and so I'm planning to take my travels over the next 10 days to eat a little closer to maintenance, stay off the scale, and reset. Giving myself a break from the scale and enjoying myself while I'm away.
  • justanotherloser007
    justanotherloser007 Posts: 578 Member
    48 yo 5’3” 6/2013 SW 277 ((in 2021 lost 57 lbs from May 1- Dec 31))
    April goal - lose 1.5 lbs - make it to 159.9 (and be utterly astonished!)

5/1 229.4
    6/1 220.2
    7/1 210.8
    8/1 203.4
    9/1 198.2
    10/1 191.6
    11/1 184
    12/1 176.2
    1/1 172.2
    2/1 172.2
    3/1 165.8 cycle
    4/1 161.4
    4/7 160.8
    4/15 158.6

✝️Walk at least 3-5 miles OR or low-impact for 1 hour (+ more if possible), every single day!
    ✝️Be patient! Remember that increments are where it is at, and focus on habits.
    ✝️Be consistent in logging, exercise, and weighing all food.
    ✝️Remember: Total loss of over 115 lbs!!

Good Friday is here. Wow, I kind of don't want Lent to be over (except for Yerba Mate - just when I think maybe it isn't so bad - it literally starts tasting worse every day over time!). I am like this every Lent. Then Easter comes sooo fast! Well I made it to goal, and I am about to go shopping for the week - and for Easter Dinner with the family. Chicken and potatoes. I think my hubby will be unhappy to see fish, shrimp, or any kind of veggie dinner again!
  • bonniemcc4
    Happy Friday everyone! I’m excited to have my niece over tonight. We’re going to order some dinner and have some junk food (in moderation for me especially), watch movies, and she’s going to cut my hair. She’s cut it for four or five years now, but this time it’s been a whole year since it’s been cut so I’m really looking forward to having it short again. We haven’t spent any one on one time together since October due to her work schedule.
  • porquenoirl
    Hi,
    I'm getting back on track after this Sunday. My daughter just returned from uni and it's my birthday this weekend too, so family ate getting together.

Happy birthday 💃💖
  • porquenoirl
    Ok, looks like a fast has helped me undo some of this week. Got a paddle and a peddle in today, both mostly gentle (until those last few hills at the end of the cycle!). I will sleep well tonight! :p

SW (Feb 3rd): 220

Feb: -6lbs
    March: +3lbs

4/2: 217
    4/8: 212
    4/16:211.4
    4/23:
    4/30:

April GW: 212

🌻 April Goals🌻

🌻 Keep moving
    🌻 Bring in some strength training
    🌻 Some light fasts
  • 1stplace4health
    1stplace4health Posts: 523 Member
    Hello y'all,
    This month I am going to fast 2 days a week. Starting on Monday.
  • CupcakeCrusoe
    CupcakeCrusoe Posts: 1,351 Member
    Good morning everyone!

Still 192.4! I'm almost ready to start the deficit back up again, to see the 180s!

Today, dressing up fancy, so good food there, and tomorrow, pick up the babies and dinner with family, then back at it! I'm ready, this has been a great break. I feel rejuvenated.

Today, drying my bee balm and washing, cutting, and freezing even more mustard greens (so MANY MUSTARD GREENS! lol), and making a salad and prepping everything to take to Easter dinner tomorrow. And dressing up fancy and swishing around for a bit. It's going to be fun!

Tag party time!
    @hap2go there you go!
    @seltzer_lover I love that, of course! Have fun with your diet break!
    @AlexandraFindsHerself1971 Hiiiiii again! Nice to see you back, glad you got that under control!
    @justanotherloser007 you made it! I love peeping people's nice dinners, haha.
    @sarah12277 I'm glad you had a good trip!
    @bonniemcc4 have fun with your niece! I'd love to see the new haircut!
    @greenviking73 happy birthday! :smiley:
    @porquenoirl a paddle and a peddle, I love it, lol. Hooray for progress!
    @1stplace4health Hi! I'm sure you know this, but just in case- be careful with fasting, and if you feel sick or bad, feel free to discard that particular strategy. Safety first. :heart: Welcome!

Have a great Saturday, everyone!

weight.png
  • jazzadesigns
    jazzadesigns Posts: 477 Member
    Hi I’m 53 and 5’6”.

Original Starting Weight: 257.8 (1/14/21)

April Start Weight: 217.3
    April Goal Weight: 216.0
    Ultimate Goal Weight: 170

April 2: 217.3
    April 9: 216.9 (-0.4)
    April 16: 215.7 (-1.2)
    April 23:
    April 30:

I’m happy with this loss but my health isn’t the greatest right now. I have been under a tremendous amount of stress at work for a few months. I started with what I think was a stress rash on my neck/chest. I had never had that before. Now the rash has turned into red hives/welts and it affected my eyes. My eyes started having scaly skin on my upper lids. Then one day I woke up and they were red and swollen. The urgent care doctor put me on prednisone which started to clear it up but it was only a 5 day pack. I don’t like messing around with my eyes-ended up going to the eye doctor twice and she only had me buy eyedrops which haven’t helped at all. She thinks it’s an allergy. I can’t get into an allergy doctor for over a month. I can’t wear eye makeup now and have to cover my hives with foundation to go to work. I am going to be having a big interview in the next couple of weeks so I’m really not happy about it. Has anyone here ever had anything like this? Any help would be appreciated!
  • goal06082021
    goal06082021 Posts: 2,130 Member
    Weigh-in day!

Height: 5'3"
    SW 252.8 (11/13/2020)
    CW 188.6 (4/1/22)
    4/2: 187.4
    4/9: 186.4
    4/16: 186.0
    4/23:
    4/30:
    GW for April: Weigh less than my husband by 4/30
    GW for 2022: 145

Yeah, that tracks with how I've been eating this week. I'll take it, progress is progress. I am pretty pleased with the muscle definition I'm already starting to see on my arms and shoulders - I got little baby caps! Today I went out to the park by the beach to run on their mile-and-change heart loop trail before stopping by the grocery store to grab a couple of things I missed in my instacart order. The weather forecast today is basically "???" - highs in the 80s, "extreme" UV index, but also probable thunderstorms. I want to walk to the closer-to-home location of the salad place for lunch today to get more steppies in. I guess I could just carry an umbrella, if nothing else that will guarantee the brightest and clearest possible sky for the whole hour it will take me to walk there.

For folks marking Easter with a special dinner, do you have anything you're looking forward to on the menu? I volunteered to bring a vegetable so I'm making some brussels sprouts. I haven't decided yet if it's going to involve bacon. Some of the brussels sprouts I got in my grocery order this week are also enormous - I'm not sure exactly how to get a picture and post it here, but there's at least one in the bag that looks like a duck egg wearing a brussels sprout costume, it's as big as my palm. Not sure what I'm going to do with those, I think quartering them would still be too big. Maybe sixths or eighths.