• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,504 Member
    Stat for the day-

Walk w/family- 2hrs 20min 45sec, 154elev, 99mhr, 137mhr, 8.05mi= 684c
    Strava app = 918c
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,677 Member
    Katla-
    It sounds like your husband is having more medical problems than ,i think your able to handle,so when your daughter was there ,she helped set up the extra help that is needed,please make sure you are taking care of yourself also..
    And I hope for right now you have put looking for a pup on the back burner until things get straightened out..
    I put my wind chimes out.. very soothing.
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited April 2022
    Flea, hoping to explain— When DH’s diabetes became more difficult he needed a RN who was good at controlling diabetes. Sometimes the health issue is a diabetes issue and sometimes it is an MS problem. The visiting nurses sometimes are excellent with diabetes. It is valuable when a nurse is skilled with both disbetes and MS.
  • Katla49
    DH has support with visiting nurses in our home for diabetes issues. They are a huge blessing. He also has MS. He gets excellent meds. His MS doctor is excellent but in person visits are more difficult due to the challenges caused by the pandemic.
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,810 Member
    B)
  • drkatiebug
    drkatiebug Posts: 1,939 Member
    Rebecca, I love that Wild Planet tuna, bean, corn salad. I ate it a lot when my father was in the rehab facility. It is expensive around here, though. Well over $4 per can.

Katla, prayers for you and your DH.

• teklawa1
    teklawa1 Posts: 675 Member
    <3
    Betsy in NW WA
  • pipcd34
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,331 Member
    Worked and then came home. We got the other cover for the pool off, I put out most of the chairs and some of the ceramics while Vince was power washing the covers. Hopefully, we’ll go to Lowes Hardware later tonight and get some things. As I was getting the leaves out of the pool, the leaf catcher thing broke. I didn’t hit anything (like the fence) and Vince thinks that the weight of the wet leaves probably broke it. I think we’ll probably get two so both of us can work on it.

The plan for tomorrow is to do Billy Blanks Tae Bo Circuit 2 DVD. It looks like a lot of cardio, I don’t know how much I’m going to like it since I usually don’t like Tae Bo. We shall see

katla – I hope things go well for your dh

Took my sourdough starter out of the refrigerator and want to bring it back to life. It had been dormant for, literally, months. I was shocked at how fast it came back to life. I expected it would take at least 5 feedings but it only took 2 before it doubled in size. I want to make bread and should have gotten things together before we went outside, I totally forgot that you have to let it rise for 6 hours. So it looks like I’ll be up late tonight baking.

Finished the jigsaw puzzle last night so now I’ll probably work on the craft that I want to make for Jess and us for christmas. It’ll be a plastic canvas tissue holder with a christmas cat on it. I usually don’t like plastic canvas since you can see the stitching on the other side of the work, but you won’t see it in a tissue holder.

M – great work!

Today at work the manager asked me when I work Sat. would I make 4 more containers of lettuce and two more of tomatoes. I didn’t think I could do the tomatoes since they are usually the same day. I guess she’s overlooking that. Why I volunteered to peel, chop and take out the centers of onions I don’t know. Why I made more work for myself is beyond me. But I think I’ll use a smaller dish for them (hope we have enough)

Went to WalMart but they didn’t have the kind of skimmer we need nor did they have pool salt (maybe they just didn’t get it in yet) so we had to go to Lowe’s. Just got back and am making Vince more Rice Krispie bars, getting the sponge for the sourdough waffles ready for overnight, made another feeding of my sourdough starter, now here.

Flea – congrats to your hubby! What kind of work is the new job?

Michele NC
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,631 Member
    :)
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,433 Member
    Today was 2 tacos, some pickled veggies pre meal, and yogurt with a coconut topping after. I then had my 2 cups of coffee with creamer thru the who feasting experience! After it all was my dose of ACV in fizzy mineral water, (with a straw don't want to ruin my enamel). Its been a good day eating wise for me.
    Katla hugs to you during you and hubby's health issues!💖🙏
    Hugs
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • pipcd34
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,810 Member
    <3
  • Katla49
    We have had medical challenges. DH was sent to the hospital recently. He’s doing better day by day. Our daughter visited a few weeks ago and she will be back in a little while. She will be bringing her daughter with her. I’m excited to see them. ❤️
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,101 Member
    <3
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,031 Member
    edited April 2022
    Morning all.
    Barbie: ’Ne’er cast a clout, til May is out.’ springs to mind at this time of year.

Flea: Congrats to your DH on his new job. (((Hugs))) for your next round of treatment.
    Heather: The human psyche can be so fragile. It could be that recent events have stirred up some long buried issues, and/or feelings of his own mortality. My DH and I had a similar period after his father died, and as the eldest son he was suddenly expected to become the head of the family. I’m sure Johnny will work through it, with your support.
    Rita: (((hugs))) I empathise with the allergies which often kick in at this time of the year in the northern hemisphere, and are creating added stress for you. Comfort eating under your circumstance is understandable.
    Katla: (((hugs))) It’s stressful when our nearest and dearest have medical issues. It’s good to know that you have family and medical support. Sending 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻 and 💕💖💕 your way.

Despite dull weather, we had a great day yesterday, with our first family picnic lunch of the year. Afterwards we walked it off at WWT Castle Espie, (local wildlife reserve).

Both daughters, and all three grands then came back to ours for dinner. We picked up pizzas on the way. I had a prawn open sandwich. Stress free entertaining 😂 Only minor uptick on weight this morning.

We are hoping to have another outing before granddaughter flies back to Cambridge on Tuesday.

🥳🎉 Cheers to those celebrating.
    Virtual (((hugs))) and 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻 for those who need them.
    🙋‍♀️ Miele failte to the newbies.

🐣 Easter Blessings to all 🐣

☘️ Terri
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,189 Member
    edited April 2022
    I read somewhere that a DIET isn't just what we put in our mouths - it's also who we live with, who our friends are, where we live, what we surround ourselves with, what we listen to, look at on social media etc etc. All of those have to be healthy choices, not just our food. If those choices are not the best, they can bring us down, however strong we think we are. No (wo)man is an island. We are the sum of our choices.
    Food ( :p ) for thought.
    At every moment of our lives we have choices. Stop, pause, think, 'Is this my best choice at this moment?'
    We have more agency than we think.

Rori - I hope your travel plans with your friends include the UK. :p<3 Brighton and Hove is a great place for a visit. :laugh:

DH's younger daughter is in the USA. Where is she?

bn4kq57d3f9m.jpg

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,031 Member
    edited April 2022
    My dining room is returned to pristine condition. Family visiting is a great incentive to Declutter. Now all I have to do is keep it that way. (And deal with the Decluttered clutter 😝)

Heather: Food for thought, indeed.

I thoroughly agree. The human mind is unbelievable powerful, and we have the capacity to choose how we view the world.

It takes great time, effort, and inclination to recognise and overcome the negativity that we encounter along the way.

That looks like yoga in the Grand Canyon or Arizona desert area.

💕💖💕 Terri