WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR APRIL 2022

Replies

• bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,748 Member
    Kim ... what a debacle. I'm wondering what your brother's motives are for getting Tim involved and allowing him to see that the cancer diagnosis was a farce. I understand your need to move on, not cause more stress for your mother or nephew. Praying for you as you deal with this newest betrayal and hurt.

This morning I worked outside doing things that should have been done last fall. I completely mangled a virburnum double-file shrub cutting it back into a manageable height/shape. We'll see if it survives. Then I went to physical therapy. I should sleep well tonight!

Beth near Buffalo
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Our second chair has been delivered! YAY!!!
  • evie1958
    evie1958 Posts: 848 Member
    Kim, I must admit, I thought your brother was doing very well for someone that had been diagnosed as terminal.... I don't have anything to add to the wise words that others have already said, and I too am glad that you and your nephew are seeking counseling. As for your brother, words do fail me and I sincerely hope that Karma comes along and gives him a HUGE bite right on his "kitten" (and that's me saying "kitten", save MFP the trouble! lol)
    Katla, happy that your new chairs have both arrived now!
    Rita, I'm very happy that your son is back on a more even keel. They are our babies til the day we die for sure!
    Allie, while I'm sure you love every minute that you get to spend with the little guy, I'm happy to read that you are going to dial it back a bit on Tracy's days off. And why are you having to drive Carmine back and forth to school? I remember that they had blown you off a couple of times in order to walk home with friends, they should be doing that more often! I get the guitar lessons if they are a bit out of the way or whatever but the rest, well..... Also happy for them and Kyle and the Six Flags park day. As you said, it's always been their thing and since their relationship was a little rocky there for awhile, it sounds like it was a good thing for the two of them to spend some time together.
    I'm pretty sure there were many more posts I wanted to comment on, but these are the only ones that stick out at this time.
    Hugs for those needing them, congrats to those celebrating and welcome to the newbies!
    Evelyn, on sort of sunny Vancouver Island
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,034 Member
    My mom made bread in the breadmaker and it was a fail. It came out risen to the right size, but immediately collapsed down to half that. I cut it in half after cooling, and the bottom inch was properly bread like, with a decent crumb, but most of it was raw dough, not baked at all. I think it was a breadmaker fail, and we should get a new one. My dad is convinced it was bad yeast, so I told him to Google proofing the yeast. So he is happy down there playing with warm water and yeast.

If the yeast is good, I guess we can try the recipe again to make sure it wasn't a missing ingredient. But I'm pretty sure it was the breadmaker failing to bake properly.

Annie in Delaware
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,684 Member
    Well shouldnt have taken such a late nap,but oh well..leaving the windows open although with the trees budding don't know if thats a great idea or not.but it sure does feel good.
    Going to take the older carseat at Margarets suggestion to Target and get a 20 % off coupon for a umbrella stroller for me to keep in my car.. something smaller that grandma can handle..
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,335 Member
    Worked today then after the soup kitchen worked on opening the pool (yeaaaaa). Took a walk to the vet to get a med for Loki. Vince was astonished that I’d walk. What’s the big deal?

Tomorrow will be my first day working on a Saturday. Hope this doesn’t last real long

Kim – OMG is all I can say. Glad you are getting counseling. How horrible to put everyone thru!

Katla – can’t wait to see the new chairs

Right now copying VHS tapes that we have onto DVD’s.

Michele NC
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,814 Member
    <3
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,367 Member
    <3
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,521 Member
  • teklawa1
    teklawa1 Posts: 675 Member
    <3
    Betsy in NW WA
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,060 Member
    ☘️
  • ginnytez
    ginnytez Posts: 1,330 Member
    Kim-I am glad Tim could actually show records-I was going to ask if there was a way for you to verify. I would guess Tim may just end up backing out of the situation now that he has found out what is going on. I believe you said earlier that your brother has no legal part of your mothers property/finances? It might be worthwhile to consult with an attorney and see if the information you have could be used to block him from getting future access. Some areas take scamming senior very seriously. Unfortunately, they are most often scammed by family members.

Allie-I hoped you double checked the whereabouts of all of your cards. I check and pay my balances weekly on them.

Debbie-I find the mom bringing the girl with her known exposure a bit bothersome. I think people should at least let each other know of possibility. We will, no doubt, continue to see more of this. I hope it skips you and that the girl and her family all have very mild cases.

Rita-my youngest son does not have the same sort of issues your son does, but he has dealt with anger and depression (much due to his dad). He has gone to counseling for several years and has learned to talk about issues. I was thinking at the wedding how good his new wife has been for him-when he said during vow exchange she balances him out-it was very true. Hope your son continues to find and use assistance he needs.

Got booster yesterday. At the 17 hour point, arm is a bit sore and I feel a touch achy-not as bad as previous shots (or flu or pneumonia shots for that matter). I think I'm going to be ok with this one! Still going to take it easy today but I have a number of smaller tasks to accomplish.

Supposed to be sunny today with high in low 80's-definitely going for a walk. May go out to reservoir this morning before it gets too crowded this afternoon.

Take care all,

Ginny in Ohio
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,684 Member
    Morning ladies
    Yes I have 3 cards all are in my wallet,I only use one ,the others are for emergencies and they are all paid off..
    The one that was compromised was from my credit union and i havent used that one in about a year and a 1/2 it was for computer software in California..uhhh no not me for 248.00 the credit union texted me a fraud alert for one of the charges. And i got a statement in the mail,so I got on the horn right away to both the credit union and the to dispute the charges.. they locked that card and are sending me a new one so i will shred that.
    Going to take my pills and off to Target.. thank you again Margaret.. im going to get a umbrella stroller something easier that i can handle..
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    I am the first one awake this morning, & I’ve been washing the laundry and waiting for the coffee to brew.
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    B)
  • minicooper452
    minicooper452 Posts: 615 Member
    OH WOW Kim! I am so impressed. Here we are worried about YOU and you have got it going on! Already done a BG check on the man and he's given you the PWs. Well done. Just....... EARS OPEN, EYES CLICK as the Marines would say. Don't let your guard down. I know you won't.
    And I LOVE Lanette's cast iron skillet idea too.
    "kitten"... Evelyn! That's wonderful. My laugh for the day. Thank you. I needed that.

Katla, GLAD you got the lounge chairs. I've heard horror stories about furniture deliveries lately.

Oh my, Heather, that is some serious concentration there. I would NOT want to be on the receiving end of that email.

Rita, I am really glad your son is getting help. We lost my cousin several years ago to paranoid-schizophrenia. Such a horrible disease. Can rob a person of a full life if their not properly treated, medicated and get the right therapy. My cousin did for most of his life and then "just stopped". No one could tell him anything after that and we just lost him. So sad.

OMG! I have the windows open today. It's terribly cloudy, but the temp is 63 and I've thrown open the windows and I can hear the birds and I don't even mind the traffic!!! It's glorious! Might even get into the 70s today. Of course, tomorrow it's supposed to be 49 again and stay about that the rest of the week. Oh glorious spring in MN. lol

Carla, in crazy MN
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,045 Member
    Allie they are doing it as an app. You will need a target app and then scan to your phone.