• 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,315 Member
    Options
    <3
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies!

Annie - I have a hunch you feel like you're at the tipping point, and don't need one more thing to deal with. Let them come. If the kids get covered with fleas, things get crowded and uncomfortable, it's not like they weren't warned. I don't know your relationship with your sister, perhaps she's judgmental and will criticize the job you are doing. I'm crossing fingers it will be positive experience.

Katla - is your DH home? I hope he's doing much better and your kids visit is productive. Bet he's glad to see them!

Driveway update:
    My sweet young friend has a young relative(36) who just started his own business hauling rock and doing driveways. He came out yesterday and he's got the job! He can do it all, at a very reasonable price. He worked in the county road shops for years so is taking into account the regrading, drainage, etc. Oh my gosh, he's the grandson I never had, lol. "Farm kid" skills too. He's on the possible list for handyman jobs. ;) Anyhow it should be done by the end of August. I am very, very grateful.

Walking buddy update:
    Her knee replacement surgery is scheduled for tomorrow. Her husband has been ill, having reaction to Ozempic - injectable med for diabetes (sick at both ends, losing weight like mad for the past week). The pharmacy hasn't been able to get one of the painkillers she will need. Her fridge is on the blink.

Lots of stuff piling up for her. I told her I'd help if I could but it might be a good idea to check into home health care today and see about getting someone lined up in case her husband is still ill. I can pick up food at the store for her but I'm not a nurse. I know she wants to get the surgery over with, but I wonder if the surgery center will even approve her to go ahead with it if they are aware of his illness and he's not on the mend by tomorrow. Crossing fingers and saying some prayers for them.

When she was telling me about it this morning while we were walking, it gave me the willies, lol. I really wanted to say "sit down and put me in charge!" Flashback to when I had to become very assertive with the doctor and pharmacies and even DH to get things done for him. I became adept at being a "squeaky wheel".

OK that's the news for now. Thankfully no booming last night and it was a good night for sleeping.

Make it a wonderful day!

Lanette B)
    Drizzly SW WA State
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    Off to the dentist in 15 minutes, and guess what--the tooth has stopped hurting. The blessed thing has hurt every waking minute for the last week and more, and now it's not hurting. I'm going anyway. It's just annoying.

Talking to my doc tomorrow, too. My resting heart rate has gone up in the last 30 days from 74 to 84, and while Fitbits aren't necessarily terribly accurate, the changes usually are legit.

Katla
    - I think about you and your dear husband and children every day. I hope all is going well.

Later y'all,
    Love,
    Lisa in AR
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    Lisa - hope your dentist finds out it's just a jangled nerve that unjangled itself. :) Your resting heart rate-any new meds? Glad you are talking to your doc about it. Sending best wishes on everything! Hope Corey is having a great time. Had to smile at his minimal packing, lol. :)

Kim- loved your advice to Annie. Sometimes we all need reminders about boundaries. You said it so well. <3

Leslie- I think you must be my younger sister. <3 I'm also 5'9", when I weighed 145 I wore a size 12, looked and felt pretty darn good. That was in my 40's and early 50's. (I am 70 now and seem to do best at 160 to 165 lbs). I had gotten as high as 200 in my life, was constantly on Weight Watchers which kept it in check. Awesome you are following Joan McDonald.

I have also been doing Intermittent Fasting for a few years, started with Michael Mosley's 5:2, then became aware of Gin Stephens and Delay, Don't Deny and Fast, Feast Repeat. I now following Graeme Currie's The Fasting Highway FB group. It's small and I like the enthusiasm and support. I do anywhere from 14 to 16 hr clean fast per day. I need to eat enough protein, I hadn't been if I only have a 6 hr feeding window. Don't count calories, but focus on nutrition and continually battle evening snacking. Proud to say I walked past the cookie, bakery, and ice cream isles at the store yesterday. But I DID glance to see if any of Kim's root beer ice cream bars were there at Safeway, lol. My DH lived on ice cream bars like that during the last couple years of his life so they aren't that appealing to me. But I wouldn't mind trying ONE of the root beer bars one of these days, lol.

Anyhow, glad you were able to talk it out with your mom. You and your DH are very nice opening your home to your parents and sister, and I am impressed at your understanding of how their situation affects your folks emotionally.

OK, defrosting and cleaning DH's little beer fridge which had been living in the shop and is covered with dust and cat hair. Will move it into the garage unless my walking buddy needs it then can wheel it down the street.

I don't drink beer anymore but saved a few cans to make beer bread.

Onward and upward!

Lanette B)
    Humid and chilly SW WA State.
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,790 Member
    Options
    Allie--Sorry to hear about your friend Jay. Sending prayers for you and his family.

Anne--So sorry your sister didn't respect you and about this visit. When are they coming and staying for how long?

Leslie--I do hope your cat has returned. I am so glad the fireworks are over.

We had more rain during the early morning and when I was coming into work at 0530. Glad as we needed it. Just not the 99-100 degree afternoons.

I got 3 apps for my open job. Don't have a lot of hope. One from New Orleans. Not sure why they sent me that one, but our HR is out of state. The other two haven's worked in hospital before and not kept any job very long. But I have set up interviews the next couple days. I am praying for someone dependale .
    Blessings, Vicki GRAND ISLAND, NE <3
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,315 Member
    Options
    Oakie ~ You give such practical advice that others would never think of. I really admire that! :)

Carol in GA
  • okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,288 Member
    Options
    1948CWB wrote: »
    Oakie ~ You give such practical advice that others would never think of. I really admire that! :)

Carol in GA

You’re too kind Carol! Thank you.

Okie
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,890 Member
    Options
    exermom wrote: »
    Worked today. This afternoon we have bowling. Depending on the weather, I’ll go in the pool afterwards or maybe go for a walk. If not, I can probably get a walk in after dinner.

Tracey – the IS a beautiful picture. Reminds me of something you might find on a jigsaw puzzle

Allie – I’m so sorry for your friend

Carla – safe travels

Last night got some very disturbing news but it is hush, hush for now. Seems the building where we take ceramics has been sold. Someone thought I was the Michelle who was in charge of the ceramics and she told me that the class she was taking was canceled after July. Well, the Michelle in charge asked me not to say anything but she expects to be open until October. Since she’ll continue working, they’re looking for another place for ceramics. I would think that it will be closed at least for a few months because any other place they found, they’d probably have to redo the electric to accommodate the kilns and the room where she sprays the acrylic painted items has heavy-duty ventilation. Now I know why she hasn’t been ordering any more paint! Well, I need some paint so I ordered it. I’ll probably give any remainder to her.

When I ordered the paint, it cost $3 but the shipping was $4. However, if I drove there I would certainly spend more in gas so I ordered it shipped here.

Off to bowling

Michele NC

So ... you've announced it all over the internet??
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    Michele - like Machka I cringed when you said "hush, hush" and then announced it. We all need to remember that this is NOT a private chat we have no idea who is watching and reading every post.

Kim