Options
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,826 Member
    Options
    <3
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,884 Member
    Options
    Rosemarie- Thank you so much for your comment. <3 I do worry that my book will be too much for some people, but I do believe that so many of us keep repeating damaging behaviour because of our childhood wounds. Most of the time, this is unconscious, and it took me years before I could clearly see the pattern. I think there is a difference between knowing something intellectually, and really 'seeing' it and feeling it in your heart. Only then can there be true change and growth.
    All my life I have been fascinated by tales of 'redemption'. How people pulled themselves out of moral confusion and despair. Do you remember, 'What Katy Did'.? And 'Little Women', of course. <3 Striving to be a better person. Most of my children’s books have elements of that theme.
    It doesn't have to be serious damage. We learn unconscious behaviours and reactions from babyhood. Even things like our position in the family makes a huge difference.
    Thank you again. It makes a huge difference to me. <3

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx

Congratulations on your book. 🎊

Do you mean something like this:

https://www.psychologytoday.com/au/blog/psychoanalysis-unplugged/201806/why-can-t-i-stop-repeating-the-same-stupid-behaviors

M in Oz
  • wizzywig
    wizzywig Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    Thanks to whoever mentioned Get Fit with Rick. <3

Had a look on you tube and found him, I've never heard of him before, anyway I've joined a 7 day challenge. It's mainly a walking challenge, but I think anything that can get me moving is a good thing right. :)o:)

Just finished Day 1 workout a walky dancy routine but it gave me 2,000+ steps and it wasn't too difficult, no getting down on the floor :D (It's the getting up that's the problem!)

Back to logging my food, but I'm trying not to put pressure on myself, if I miss a day it is what it is. I am hoping it will help me make better choices, as Michele said if you eat 3 bananas you have eaten 300 cals, so everything in moderation (especially the biscuits!)

Must dash getting ready to see friends for a coffee. It is fine at the moment, but has rained all night, can't complain we certainly needed it. Still a drought on. I wonder if they would like to go for a walk instead?

Take care and love to all
    Viv UK
    <3
  • wizzywig
    wizzywig Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    ibn6346cqdpl.png

Karen - yes that is it, thanks still having trouble importing my pictures.
    Viv
    <3
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,214 Member
    Options
    Machka - Yes indeed. That is it. :)<3 Good article.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,706 Member
    Options
    Morning ladies
    Im over here with Miles
    He is napping now.. which is fine .. he is now pulling himself up to stand ,so that only means watch out world lol..
    Tracy is tired .. i remember the days .she was the same.. she didn't sleep through the night until she was 2 but they still have him in the porta crib in the living room and she is sleeping on the couch. She wants to make sure that Kyle gets his sleep without interruption because he is the breadwinner..but that doesn't mean she doesn't need good sleep too.
  • Machka9
    Options
    suebdew wrote: »
    L - I don’t respond to everyone because sometimes it is overwhelming. But if you do get to read a bit mark your place so you will know where you are left off. I do a lot of skimming…You are very talented and have a skill not many people posses.
    SueBDew in TX

I skim a lot too. :)

If something grabs my attention, then I'll respond.

I'm afraid I don't understand how marking your place works.

If there are 30 posts in a thread, and I read 15 of them and then have to go, and if I post a reply with numbers or smilies or something, that reply goes to the very end ... Post 31. When I return to the thread the next day, I will be taken to Post 32 (right after the one I posted) and I will have missed posts 16-30.

In fact, I may miss more because if there are 30 posts in a thread and I read 15 of them and then have to go, in that time 5 more people may have posted. So I post a reply with numbers or smilies or something, and that post will go to the very end ... Post 36. All 30 posts plus the 5 new ones. When I return to the thread the next day, I will be taken to Post 37 (right after the one I posted) and I will have missed posts 16-35.

If I do read all 30 posts, and then place a marker, when I return the next day, I will be taken to the one after my marker ... but that will happen anyway. I'm always automatically taken to the last one I read or the last one I posted, whichever is more recent.

Perhaps I'm missing something.

Machka in Oz

• Machka9
    Options
    Machka - Yes indeed. That is it. :)<3 Good article.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx

The article mentions procrastination ... I've come to the conclusion that when I'm procrastinating, I need a break. I need to take a day or two and do to do something completely different. Then I'm usually ready to get back at whatever it is again.

M in Oz
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Machka, Regardless of which page I am on, if I place a marker it will be posted as the very last item in the thread, so I will miss some posts if I'm not caught up. If I just quit reading without placing a marker, and don't scroll to the next page, when I log back on, it takes me to the page where I stopped reading. At least that's been my experience.

@kamaphia The Thrifty Quaker is in Midlothian, VA in the Midlothian Station Shopping Center.

Karen in Virginia
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,551 Member
    Options
  • Machka9
    Options
    Machka, Regardless of which page I am on, if I place a marker it will be posted as the very last item in the thread, so I will miss some posts if I'm not caught up. If I just quit reading without placing a marker, and don't scroll to the next page, when I log back on, it takes me to the page where I stopped reading. At least that's been my experience.

Karen in Virginia

Yes ... that's my experience too. That's why I don't understand the marker idea.

• 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    Is this considered a marker?

<3
  • Rosemarie2972
    Rosemarie2972 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    Lori..Welcome

RuRita..hope all goes well with the ENT

Rebecca. Good your going to your sisters

LovelyLittleGiggles. Great going on prioritizing health

SueBDew..great you are doing water aerobics!

We have a caretaker for my husband until 1pm. I will do Get Fit With Rick and read.

Rosemarie from GA
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,551 Member
    Options
  • Machka9
    edited August 2022
    Options
    1948CWB wrote: »
    Is this considered a marker?

<3

It's a post. :)

Each comment here, whether it is words or a picture or a smilie/emoji or whatever, is a post in this thread.

And no matter where you post it from within this thread (page 2, page 14, page 26, page 31, page 32, etc.), it will appear at the very end of the thread.

That is, unless a couple people happen to post at the same time. Then yours might be second last in the thread.

M in Oz
  • lovelylittlegiggles
    lovelylittlegiggles Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    dlfk202000 wrote: »
    more unneccesary drama with stuff broken because of anger between dh and mil- Every time we think it is calm it comes out of no where. They both need major psych help.

No walking today- really wanted to but it was too hot and when it cooled down, dh was home and wanted me to listen to him again-(so hard to not say I don't want to hear it) If I dont agree with him he gets mad at me.
    Tomorrow I will walk with my zumba friends around the wetlands for at least an hour.
    May walk MIL's dog but most likely not- she said she doesn't want either of us there, she doesn't need our help(but wants social worker to come and help her-)
    I will wait and see how she is tomorrow-
    Tomorrow is the daycare girls first day of school so I will pick her up at 12:30.

Hope you all have a wonderful day/night

Debbie
    Napa Valley,CA

It is good to get away and take a walk to clear your mind. Even better to have friends to walk with. Enjoy beautiful Napa. I used to live there many moons back :). Grew up fishing at Lake Berryessa. Beautiful! Have a great Wednesday!
  • lovelylittlegiggles
    lovelylittlegiggles Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    wizzywig wrote: »
    Thanks to whoever mentioned Get Fit with Rick. <3

Had a look on you tube and found him, I've never heard of him before, anyway I've joined a 7 day challenge. It's mainly a walking challenge, but I think anything that can get me moving is a good thing right. :)o:)

Just finished Day 1 workout a walky dancy routine but it gave me 2,000+ steps and it wasn't too difficult, no getting down on the floor :D (It's the getting up that's the problem!)

Back to logging my food, but I'm trying not to put pressure on myself, if I miss a day it is what it is. I am hoping it will help me make better choices, as Michele said if you eat 3 bananas you have eaten 300 cals, so everything in moderation (especially the biscuits!)

Must dash getting ready to see friends for a coffee. It is fine at the moment, but has rained all night, can't complain we certainly needed it. Still a drought on. I wonder if they would like to go for a walk instead?

Take care and love to all
    Viv UK
    <3

Get fit with Rick is awesome. He offers a much needed break from all of the cardio i've been doing. Not to mention it is a fun and engaging workout. Have a happy Wednesday!