• suebdew
    suebdew Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    ❤️
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,880 Member
    Options
    Vickil57 wrote: »
    Lori--Welcome, This is a great group for support and fellowship. Come often and get to know us and we can get to know you.

Lisa--Interesting reading and could explain a lot.

I have a guy that works for me that will not eat anything with parents. He is 84 and can work circles around the younger ones. He says he has eaten that way since 1966.

Viv--Sending big hugs.

Been a long week and think it is because just feeling off. This morning getting up and around to take shower for work and fell over recliner and both of us went down. Not sure what happened and think I twisted my leg. I am also not sure this readmychart stuff is a good idea. Looked up the tests they did and the results and have lots of questions. I go see the heart doctor next Thursday and see what he says. Meantime just tired and rest when I can.

Most the grandchildren have started back to school and our State Fair is here next week. Fall is coming fast and I am so looking forward to cooler weather.

Blessings, Vicki GRAND ISLAND, NE <3

Does he eat fish? They produce eggs but don't parent ... kind of like how plants produce seeds.

Do chickens parent?

Vicki ... sounds like you need a decent break! A rest!

Machka in Oz
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,046 Member
    Options
    Beth so sorry about your mom falling. Hope the path forward goes smoothly for both of you. Many hugs!
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,116 Member
    edited August 2022
    Options
    My marker system is simple. When I’m catching up I put the page number where I finished reading. Then when I come back I can go to that page and continue reading.

I just finished page 33, so will go back to page 34 tomorrow.

🥳🎉 Cheers to all those celebrating.

Virtual (((hugs))) and 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻 for those who need them.

🙋‍♀️ Miele failte to the newbies.

☘️ Terri
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,550 Member
    Options
  • user2757363
    user2757363 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    @bwcetc

:( (((HUGS)))
  • drkatiebug
    drkatiebug Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    Beth, hugs and prayers for all you are dealing with. Your poor mother!

Barbie, I was thinking the same thing during the marker discussion yesterday. I do enjoy seeing the marker posts just as a reminder that my fitness pals are still here.
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,393 Member
    Options
    Beth, I'm so sorry that your mom has fallen and hurt herself so badly. Thinking of all of you. It's been a rough couple of years, dear heart...

Love,
    Lisa in AR
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,046 Member
    Options
    I did my dumbbells! Yay! But then I ate cookies.

Annie in Delaware
  • evie1958
    evie1958 Posts: 852 Member
    Options
    Beth, so very sorry to hear of your mother's fall. I agree with you that she may not have a lot of fight left in her, but being closer to you could very well bring her some strength. I sincerely hope that can be arranged.

Had a "me" day today! Went to the Y and did a core strength class with an instructor that I really like, I forgot how tough the class is tho! But it was good. Then had a massage, then hair cut and manicure. Now I'm in front of the computer! Well, I will make up for it the next few days, tomorrow I must clean house as that has been sorely neglected. Fortunately we are without pets, or we would be ankle deep in pet hair, I'm sure!! lol Hubby is allergic, so that would be a bad thing... Saturday I am looking after the grands all day, their parents are going to a theatre production on the mainland, catching the 9 am ferry so leaving the house by 8 am at the latest, then not home til probably 8 or 9 pm. It will be a loonnnnggggg day. Oh well, I will just have to break it up, I have a couple of play parks in mind to take them to and I have some bananas that are begging to be made into banana bread. Nicholas does like to help his mom in the kitchen so that should work. I also have some rice krispies and marshmallows so will have him help me make squares. My plan is to be going back and forth from their place to ours a few times. I just can't be at their place for that long, neither of them are housekeepers and with two active small children and an active larger dog, it's pretty much bedlam. They are also quite busy, although I think now that lacrosse season is over (well, for the team they support anyway!) they will have a bit more time. Our son works for the team and our daughter in law volunteers, this is how they met. Anyway, it will be an interesting day, I'm sure.
    Okay, need to get up and maybe empty the dishwasher, that would be a good baby step towards getting my kitchen straightened out a bit!
    Hugs for those needing them, congrats to those celebrating and welcome to the newbies!
    Evelyn,Vancouver Island

• pipcd34
    Options
    I did my dumbbells! Yay! But then I ate cookies.

Annie in Delaware

Lolol, like the honesty
  • pipcd34
    Options
  • AthleteLori
    AthleteLori Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Beth: My mom is also 91 and she also just fell. She didn't break anything. She hit her nose and had to be hospitalized because it wouldn't stop bleeding. She hasn't felt "right" now for a couple of weeks and is concerned. I'm so sorry about your dad. I hope your mom heals quickly.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,880 Member
    Options
    My marker system is simple. When I’m catching up I put the page number where I finished reading. Then when I come back I can go to that page and continue reading.

I just finished page 33, so will go back to page 34 tomorrow.

🥳🎉 Cheers to all those celebrating.

Virtual (((hugs))) and 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻 for those who need them.

🙋‍♀️ Miele failte to the newbies.

☘️ Terri

Those placeholders I get ... although the software should automatically take you there. But sometimes it doesn't. :)
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,825 Member
    Options
    Beth - So sorry your mom is hurt. Hope things go smoothly getting her moved to NY.

Pip - love the rug.

Good day today. Went to water exercise then Walmart. Went through some more of my mom's stuff. The box was marked Christmas but when I opened it it was full of old vinyl records, 33s and a few 45s. DD's friend will look tjrough it to see if there is anything worth keeping. I doubt it.

Everyone take care, Sue in WA
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,214 Member
    Options
    Beth - I am lost for words. Sending love and hugs. <3<3<3
    Heather UK xxxxxx