HALP! Heavy Lifting Made Me SUPAH Bulky!!!

Replies

• tiffanylacourse
    tiffanylacourse Posts: 2,985 Member
    edited August 2022
    [Accidental Duplicate Post Deleted]
  • jjboseov
    jjboseov Posts: 1 Member
    Same experience here. Congrats, you look amazing. :)
  • MoveandChew
    MoveandChew Posts: 1 Member
    It would be helpful if you could post two pics that are the same angle. Would you please post a pic square facing the camera for the after pic, that is the exact same angle/pose as the before pic?
  • Anna022119
    Anna022119 Posts: 545 Member
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    It would be helpful if you could post two pics that are the same angle. Would you please post a pic square facing the camera for the after pic, that is the exact same angle/pose as the before pic?

@MoveandChew, this thread is literally 136 pages of photos. They were taken by normal average people like yourself, and not all of them even knew they were planning to post before and after pictures that (in most cases) are at least months and possibly even years apart. They can't go back and retroactively pose in some old photo in a way that's most illustrative. I'm sure many wish they could! (I do, even though I don't have results as good as shown in this thread.)

I understand and appreciate where you're coming from, but there are quite a few photo pairs here that do seem to be posed as you'd like. Maybe enjoy those?

I hope you're making a plan, based on your comment, for exactly how you should pose in your before photo (or as "before" as today happens to be) so that your before and after photos will have the maximum benefit for future readers of the thread?

Best wishes for amazing progress on your path: The women here have (IMO) given us the clear signal that amazing things come from hard, patient work.

This is exactly why I like you Ann :-) :)
  • SuzanneC1l9zz
    SuzanneC1l9zz Posts: 451 Member
    🔥🔥
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,413 Member
    b33qtpde0p1m.jpeg

(Hope this works - phone won’t always post pics on MFP!) time to bump up this thread, and for those worried about suddenly looking huge when they lift 😀

Total OT aside (though still admiring the beautiful muscles and slender frame!) I’m loving your hairdo.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,967 Member

(snip gorgeous photo for length, see above)

Lighting and posture v important: in normal light I look like an average **** short 49 year old. Only when I’m bracing and in the right light do I look like I have muscles. And I lift a lot. And hard (for me).

You left out some words above where I put the asterisks. I think they were "beautiful" "fit" and (LOL because you know why) "toned". So excellent, you!

• springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,413 Member
    😱 toned?

Fetching my bar of soap to wash your mouth out of these verboten words, Ann! 😂
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,967 Member
    😱 toned?

Fetching my bar of soap to wash your mouth out of these verboten words, Ann! 😂

🤣🤣🤣
  • claireychn074
    claireychn074 Posts: 1,325 Member
    AnnPT77 wrote: »

(snip gorgeous photo for length, see above)

Lighting and posture v important: in normal light I look like an average **** short 49 year old. Only when I’m bracing and in the right light do I look like I have muscles. And I lift a lot. And hard (for me).

You left out some words above where I put the asterisks. I think they were "beautiful" "fit" and (LOL because you know why) "toned". So excellent, you!

And your kindness of spirit and awesomeness are exactly why I suggested we start a fan club! Thank you, that means a lot xxx

And “toned” LOL!

• Jacq_qui
    Jacq_qui Posts: 429 Member
    Hi, I lift! I'd love some ladies to add me (or guys, not super fussed) who are focussed on weights. I re-joined the gym in January, and I'm losing (very!) slowly, it's the last 5-6kg so I'm still have plenty of body fat to get rid of. Would love to see some updates on my newsfeed from more girls that lift. I'm struggling with my grip at the moment, it keeps giving out at 60kg deadlifts, I get about five reps in and my fingers loosen up - any tips?
  • MelissaLu1216
    MelissaLu1216 Posts: 17 Member
    Jacq_qui wrote: »
    Hi, I lift! I'd love some ladies to add me (or guys, not super fussed) who are focussed on weights. I re-joined the gym in January, and I'm losing (very!) slowly, it's the last 5-6kg so I'm still have plenty of body fat to get rid of. Would love to see some updates on my newsfeed from more girls that lift. I'm struggling with my grip at the moment, it keeps giving out at 60kg deadlifts, I get about five reps in and my fingers loosen up - any tips?

Sent a request ^_^ I'm pretty much in the same boat. Just started going back in January after a 2yr hiatus. Only just last week I have begun to see a change in the scale. Though, before that my inches were going down, but the scale stayed exactly the same. Interesting how that all works lol. But it's a good lesson moving forward, inches mean more than the number on the scale :smile:
  • Pdc654
    Pdc654 Posts: 317 Member
    b33qtpde0p1m.jpeg

(Hope this works - phone won’t always post pics on MFP!) time to bump up this thread, and for those worried about suddenly looking huge when they lift 😀

You look amazing!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!