WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR OCTOBER 2022

Options

Replies

• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,701 Member
    Options
    Karen I love that idea,
    Hence the Ding Darling Wildlife Refuge.. poor place got decimated by Ian but slowly birds and animals returning..driving down wildlife drive with every type of bird you could imagine out there is my idea of heaven..
    Don't know if my daughter will take some of my ashes there or not. But it is one of my wishes.
    I have a beautiful window bird feeder that is in my storage area that I can't put up here,because of the HOA.. darn it..
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    edited October 2022
    Options
    Allie, My spouse and I would both be very happy to have our remains scattered at Ding Darling. Like you, Sanibel is our favorite place in the world.

Karen in Virginia
  • KetoneKaren
    Options
    Lisa, So poignant. Your sister and nieces are dead, too? That's a lot of loss...
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    Lisa ~ From what you have told us about your mom, I am sure that she believed that "to be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord."

Lovely view from your porch but sorry the tree branch fell.

Carol in GA
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    :)
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    I hope that DH will be able come back to our apartment soon. I am keeping my fingers crossed for him to join me. I think he may be here soon, maybe even today. 🤞🏻 🤞🏻
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,389 Member
    edited October 2022
    Options
    Lisa, So poignant. Your sister and nieces are dead, too? That's a lot of loss...

No, no, no! I'm sorry, I must have phrased that awkwardly. My sister and nieces are very much alive. We had stopped to see Mama's grave on the way home from a different family funeral.

In fact, I spoke to my sis yesterday, and she was calling to let me know the youngest (25) had moved into the house her boyfriend bought for her... They've been on again/off again, but it's hard to resist a whole house, I guess. :smiley:

• dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,946 Member
    Options
    kqac6g1wqrdk.jpg
    Sooooo
    My SIL bought Tracy a Dyson stick vacuum for an early Christmas present.. Ginger there Australian Shepherd fluffs fur everywhere.. and honestly I think poor Miles is allergic because he is always rubbing his eyes and nose..
    So far today Kyle has vacuumed 5 times lol
    Kyle's birthday is Tuesday and I asked Tracy are you sure he bought it for you,but hey if he is doing the vacuuming for you.. there you go .. what a riot... and you can see Miles is watching Daddy do the vacuuming..lol
    36qk4oshl8yx.jpg
    Tracy is going to cut this pumpkin and sit Miles in it.. but thought this was a cute picture.

vacuuming is one of the very few chores my dh does and he is obsessed with it- we have them all over. I love not having to vacuum hardly ever BUT not thrilled with the times he chooses to vacuum(it is a minimum 2-3 times a day in some area, including in the bathroom where the litter boxes are). Not found of him doing the bathroom one while I am trying to sleep or the regular ones while I am on the phone to my mom or watching tv. Mom, jokes about it and I can always pause the tv until he is done, but some days it just irritates me. Trying to not let it bother me so much.
    Sitting here at my computer, I can see three vacuums right from here- lined up in the hallway. The shopvac in the bathroom. Not going to count the ones in the garage- there are at least 3-4 there I am sure. He must have moved a few to the garage because I didn't see any in the bedroom this time- he used to have them up against the door so I had to move two or three just to close the door so his light/noise from his room didn't disturb me when I was trying to sleep- Every time I move stuff, he seems to find more stuff to put there.
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,087 Member
    Options
    ☘️
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,701 Member
    Options
    I just watched Bill Engvalls skit on medical Marijuana.. oh lord,he is a riot I was laughing so hard.. Im so sad he is retiring.. he is one of my favorites..
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,545 Member
    Options
    pipcd34 wrote: »
    Got my jersey for raising 1k for MS in the mail. They also sent me my medal! They are different this year, I like it!t5spemzqdh2s.jpeg
    scd1k0yfwc26.jpeg
    w4zawy7hnhgs.jpeg
    aue5i2w69ptt.jpeg
    uj3ox02sdedc.jpeg

Hi! I was intrigued by your jersey and the name of Deception Pass, and thought it looked like WA (I'm up in BC), so I am so glad that I looked it up. WOW! Gorgeous scenery, and definitely a place I want to add to our "to visit/camp in" list! (So many places in WA still to visit, ha, ha). Thanks for posting, and congrats on your successful bike event!

Cheers, T.

It is a very scenic bike route. Pretty hilly in a lot of places. I did the virtual ride here in California. Didn’t make the trip to Washington to do the ride. It’s really a fun time
  • KetoneKaren
    Options
    Welcome, T from BC!

Lisa, - Silly me, I went back and re-read your post. Not sure how I got that your sister and nieces were dead - it didn't compute the same when I re-read it. lol

Karen in Virginia