WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR OCTOBER 2022

Replies

• dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,896 Member
    Lisa, So poignant. Your sister and nieces are dead, too? That's a lot of loss...

I read it the same way as you- came back to see Lisa's reply.
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,618 Member
    Katla - Thinking of you and DH.... quarantined is so hard!
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,433 Member
    Stat for the day-

Housecleaning etc- 4hrs 9min 58sec, vacuum, dust, make/refill hummingbird food, water plants, sweep front entryway and front patio, move some furniture to spare bedroom, wash steam clean couch seat cushions, clean/refill birdbath, laundry, fold/put away, etc= 1148c
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,878 Member
    <3Katla, so sorry to hear that you and your DH have another bump on the road to his recovery and his return to the apartment to be with you.

:) Hooray for me. I finally finished washing to fence. The other small bits of work in the yard to get ready for fall and winter will be fun and easy.

<3 Welcome T in BC I live on the north Olympic Peninsula in Washington state and have similar beauty and weather to the coastal southern part of BC. I hope you will keep coming back. I live with my husband and one dog. We live where I can walk early in the morning nearly every day of the year.

<3 Barbie in NW WA
  • Rosemarie2972
    Rosemarie2972 Posts: 424 Member
    Katla: Hoping your DH can be with you soon. Sorry to hear that there is a delay in working towards this.

Rosemarie from Georgia
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,310 Member
    Did Firm Body Sculpting DVD then took a walk. Boy, it was dark when I went out, but quietly nice. Bet you find this too, barbie. Work tomorrow and then bowling, ceramics at night.

After my walk made soup for me to have during the week. Now making more chocolate bran muffins. Plan to put down the mulch then make these baked chocolate donuts for Vince. Update: I think Vince wants to go see that guy from Newcomers who fell bowling. I really want to see the lady. Update: I convinced Vince to see the lady first. She’s in hospice and, I hate to say this, but if anyone is going to go first, it’ll be her and not the guy from bowling who has a hip replacement. Looks like putting down the mulch will be done tonight. I’m thinking I’ll make the donuts after we put down the mulch, maybe after dinner.

Saw Midnight and Magnolias last night. It was nice, but I wasn’t impressed

Heather – how did you get the hair out of the drain? Sometimes that happens to us. I have this long thing that I put down the drain that grabs the hair/whatever so I can bring it up and throw it away. But that thing is starting to get bent out of shape

When MIL died about 15 years ago, Vince wanted to have her remains shipped to us and then he wanted to go to MO (where she’s from and where FIL is buried) to bury the ashes. I had a strong suspicion that would never happen so I insisted her ashes be sent to his cousin who is/was a mortician. Sure enough, to this day he still hasn’t gone to MO so we’d still have those ashes. I’m sure by now his cousin (who I think is now retired) buried them.

Karen – first off, I’m so very sorry about Joy. Do you think that perhaps having her remains where you can see them is giving you added sadness. Maybe if you buried them and planted daffodils or another flower will help? You’ll always have sadness, but seeing how those flowers come to life every year might be a reminder to you that she’ll always be with you. Just a thought. Lisa had a great thought. Have her buried with you. So did Carla. Perhaps you can have some sort of bracelet made and she’ll always be with you (like she isn’t always with you already in your heart). You can specify that you be buried with the bracelet (or whatever you make out of Joy’s remains. Hey, how about a necklace so that it’ll be next to your heart?).

Carla – Vince didn’t want to do anything for his mother, either. I thought perhaps we should have had a dinner/party down in FL but he didn’t even want to do that. Whatever… Now I had a repast/luncheon for my father.

Went to see the lady from Newcomers. How depressing! Basically, she slept the whole time we were there. You could see that they’re just waiting for her to die. Her daughter said that yesterday she rallied and a bit, but that that usually means 2 or 3 more days. They have her on morphine basically to keep her comfortable. Then we went to see the guy from Newcomer bowling. What a way to spend a Sunday! Seeing one friend in hospice and then another in rehab. Did come home and put down the mulch. Vince did help. When I mentioned that since we only needed 3 more bags, we might as well finish, I could tell he wasn’t too thrilled. But I went to Lowe’s and got 3 more bags. At least that’s done. All in all, I’d say this was a pretty productive weekend. Got the carpet cleaned, the painting done and the mulch down. Now what else needs to be done???? It’s supposed to get colder as the week goes on so might as well get done what I can while the weather is still fairly decent.

Debbie – I’m with you. When our first cat was killed, he basically was my cat and I buried him in our backyard. Vince cremated all the other cats. This is something that I really don’t understand. He says that one of the reasons I haven’t gotten my stimulus money is because inflation has really hit us. Yet, somehow he can manage to find the money to have the cat cremated. I just don’t understand. I tried suggesting that we keep the ashes down at the condo. That was some place they really enjoyed. He didn’t want to because of the humidity, etc. To me, it’s just a bit morbid to have the ashes where they are in plain view. My apologies to everyone who has their pet’s/relatives ashes.

Allie – well, I’m glad to see that Kyle has good supervision to be sure he gets the job done correctly….lol I think the pic of Miles IN the pumpkin will be even cuter.

Fit2Btied – welcome!

Katla – HUG Will you be able to visit him?

Michele NC
  • suebdew
    suebdew Posts: 1,330 Member
    Page 31.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,433 Member
    Ddff
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Thank you for your prayers & kindness for my DH. It is now past 10pm and he needs rest. I will call him tomorrow morning. ❤️
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,786 Member
    <3
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 17,929 Member
    Just popping in for a quick read before a busy day. I have Creative Writing am and Monday Painters after lunch.

I’ve already done a 30 minute workout 😝

We had a pleasant visit with DED yesterday afternoon. She is missing her baby boy, (19 😝) but he is at least keeping in touch with her.

Katla: So sorry to hear about the delay in getting DH back home with you.

🥳🎉 Cheers to all those celebrating.
    Virtual (((hugs))) and 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻 for those who need them.
    🙋‍♀️ Miele failte to the newbies.

Must dash. Got to do prep formy groups

☘️ Terri
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,706 Member
    9dad8oe8t6wo.png
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,706 Member
    Here's where I am this month with walking. :)

wh3qpdm5yenx.png

Machka in Oz
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,638 Member
    Morning ladies
    Im over with Miles and he is already asleep ..
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,878 Member
    <3
  • CarolGaGal
    CarolGaGal Posts: 96 Member
    Good Monday Morning! I had to sign in with an old ID so guess the photo of me will look different. Didn't realize how my face has changed in just over a year or so.

Carol in GA
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,024 Member
    M I'll add daydreamed or/sit quietly and relax.