WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR OCTOBER 2022

Replies

• LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,287 Member
    edited October 2022
    Heather - LOVE the picture of you at 15. You are and were gorgeous Oddly enough, looking at that pic reminded me that I've never seen you with a fringe (what we could call 'bangs'). Just wondered if something happened to change your ideas on how your hair should be styled? Happy birthday to Johnny - he and my son John are only three days apart...

Rita - I had all the inside lady bits evicted in 2001, but still get occasional sweats for no reason.

Rough morning after getting my blood draws done, but am on the other side of it now. I've got a 9 am telemedicine appointment with the hematologist on Wednesday morning, so at least I can stay home to talk to her. Hoping last month's infusion did the trick for my iron levels.

Carla, thank you for asking - if you put Lisa C Hannon into a search on Amazon, you'll find my books - This Little Pig is a mystery novel, and She's Thinking Out Loud and Still Thinking Out Loud are collections of my opinion columns over about a ten-year span. If you have Kindle Unlimited, they're free to read... Other books listed on my author pages are anthologies that I was asked to submit to and edit for a writer's club in Texas for years.

Later, y'all,
    Love,
    Lisa
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,433 Member
    Stats for the day-

Walk w/yogi- 1hr 53min 24sec, 52elev, 3.71ap, 99ahr, 124mhr, 7.01mi= 613c
    Strava app = 859c
    Zwift home bike trainer- strava stats- 30.34min, 430elev, 137aw, 19.9amph, 113ahr, 129mhr 10.13mi= 189c
    Strava app = 239c
    Zwift stats- 30.38min, 432elev, 136aw, 51arpm, 19.78amph, 10.1mi= 240c
    Other- PT therapy exercises, 4sets of 10 each, 3 different exercises 25.59min= 78c

Total cal 880
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,310 Member
    edited October 2022
    Worked, went to bowling, ceramics tonight. A lady on my bowling team mentioned about the company she had replace her roof. I'm so glad. The lady next door had some landscaping done (we wonder if she's planning to put her house on the market. We understand that her husband left her). Anyway, this guy came and wanted to sell us mulch for 1/2 off. Then he mentioned how he can replace the roof, that that's one of the other things he does. Don't ask me to explain it, but I just have a funny feeling. I don't have one about the company she recommended. Vince said he was going to call them and mention her name. Good!

Rosemarie – you’re treadmill is in the garage because of caretaking? Why can’t you have it in the house?

Heather – I must have missed it. Happy Birthday to Johnny

Heather – how lovely you were at 15, just like you are now

katla – I’m so sorry to hear that your husband was transferred to a hospital. What happened? I hope nothing real serious.

Michele NC
  • jam0525
    jam0525 Posts: 1,681 Member
    SophieRosiemom
    Jeannie - I've heard similar stories. So sorry you are stuck with paying these loans. If you want, I can send a virtual cast iron frying pan aimed at your ex-husband's head. Just for the fun of it. :p

Lol I would have loved it a few years ago. Thanks for the offer.
    Jeannie
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    ❤️
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,638 Member
    Katla- hope your Hubby is resting comfortably...
    Heather- Johnny looks over the moon happy to be with the Grandkids for his Birthday..
    a6s4ombwksml.jpg
    You've heard of milk drunk before,well this is food drunk lol
    Mommy gave him some sweet potato mashed up ,and red beans and rice..
  • OregonMother
    OregonMother Posts: 1,553 Member
    Oh, Rebecca. I'm so sorry. This has gone on long enough! I hope you can get some answers and some relief.

Katla, so disappointed to hear about your husband. I hope he is able to get some help and healing so he can return to you quickly.

Flea
    Willamette Valley, OR
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,786 Member
    Rebecca - so sorry you are still having problems. That is miserable.

Katla - sorry to hear DH is in the hospital. Hope he is out soon.

Heather - looks like a wonderful birthday party for your DH.

Still smokey here but not as bad as yesterday when we had ash falling again. Hope we do indeed get rain on Friday. I am watering the pastures in hopes the grass will grow at least some. We are already feeding hay full time and that means it won't last as long and hay is really expensive here.

DD and I worked in our library reorganizing the closet this past weekend. We need to move things out of the living room and in there since we have company coming for Thanksgiving. I am going to Iowa for my cousin's 90th birthday the first weekend in Nov so need to get some things done now before I go.

Everyone take care, Sue in WA
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Timely feature on the news the evening about "living funerals" and "near-the-end-of-life celebrations" - while the person is still alive to participate and hear what is said. Apparently living funerals are gaining in popularity. I didn't know they were a thing.
  • pipcd34
    Hh
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,706 Member
    edited October 2022
    CarolGaGal wrote: »
    Heather ~ Happy Birthday to you husband! You were/are very pretty.

I have spent the morning trying to change which internet browser I use and can't find one that I can actually understand but Google. Tried Microsoft Edge and Firefox but just can't seem to get them to work like I want. I desperately want to delete Google Drive but there doesn't seem to be any way I can close it to delete. Yes, I have been to Youtube to try and find instructions. :'(

Carol in GA

What are you trying to do?
    Why do you want to delete Google Drive? I don't think you can, but you can just opt not to use it.

Did you delete Google Drive or disconnect it from your Windows Explorer?
  • pipcd34
    Jj