WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR OCTOBER 2022

Options

Replies

• sh0tzz99
    sh0tzz99 Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    Tina, I understand - I always hated being in the middle too. I can't tell you the number of times my DH would ask me to call so and so and tell them such and such. Then he'd stand beside me while I was trying to get the story straight. Finally I figured out I could dial but then immediately hand the phone to him. :p Kind of the same thing.

Good job on the exercise yesterday!

That's something about no spare tire. :o Glad you realized it and can get one before you get going. Tombstone AZ sounds like an interesting spot.

Lanette B)

I wish I could dial and give him the phone, but they don't speak English well enough, so I have to text the son of the owner and then he translates. When they are here, we can go out and show them, but the mister conveniently and quickly disappears rather than talk to them. He wants me to do it.

Tina in CA
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,457 Member
    Options
    Miles is such a sweet thing, Allie!

Today fixed my Asian broth with bok choy, zucchini, some steak, onions and mushrooms. Its such a comfort food. Plus I get a cup of pure broth in the end.

Sipping on Sparkling Ice grapefruit water, with ice cubes made with Simply pure grapefruit juice. Its delightful.
    Today making a roast for Lee with carrots, potatoes and 1/2 yellow onion. I won't be eating it. Maybe some of the carrots and meat tomorrow.👍🏻
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • suebdew
    suebdew Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    I think I forgot how to load a photo. Help! Took some beautiful pictures of the butterflies this afternoon. Would love to share.
    SueBDew in TX
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,885 Member
    Options
    sh0tzz99 wrote: »
    I'm planning a mini vacation, just for me, by myself. I've always wanted to go to Tombstone, AZ, so I am going to take a little side trip there next month. I don't know why it's intriguing to me, but I'll be "in the area," so why not.

Tina in CA

I went there when I was a child at least once, possibly more. My mother, in particular, loved that whole area.

Then my husband and I visited in 2012. He'd never been there before, and I wanted another look.

It seemed smaller than I remembered, but that's often the way when you see something as a child and then again as an adult.

M in Oz

• Machka9
    Options
    suebdew wrote: »
    I think I forgot how to load a photo. Help! Took some beautiful pictures of the butterflies this afternoon. Would love to share.
    SueBDew in TX

Click the button that looks like a picture.
    Navigate to where you have the photo saved.
    Select.

cum78jyb1po0.png

• Machka9
    Options
    k03wmnll2x7v.png
  • Machka9
    Options
    The 12 Simple Habits Of People With Homes That Are Always Clean
    We all have them, the friend that can have people over at a moment's notice because their house or apartment is always clean.

June 29, 2016 by C.M. Tenhundfeld

https://www.simplemost.com/12-habits-of-people-with-clean-homes/

My husband takes care of the dishwasher.

We each do our own laundry ... and I use my laundry as an excuse to get up frequently throughout an evening.

Some evenings I try to tidy a little before bed.

My lunch is easy-peasy and doesn't require making in advance.

M in Oz
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,827 Member
    Options
    <3
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,216 Member
    Options
    Rita's challenge

2kgkq9pzteuf.jpg
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,128 Member
    edited October 2022
    Options
    Heather: I don’t have any of my early poetry as my mother destroyed it after I left home. Glad you got the washer replaced.

Glucosamine/Chondroitin: I started taking them about 15 years ago when I was in severe pain from my hip. The pain was reduced to a general ache after about a month. I had the hip replaced in 2015, and I’ve been taking them ever since.

Life is good Challenge: I have the leisure to indulge in my passion for dancing. Watched Strictly Dancing last night and had a couple of dance sessions to get my steps in.

We are having another damp autumn day, so I will spend it indoors. We have a Skype planned with the family after lunch.

🥳🎉 Cheers to all those celebrating.

Virtual (((hugs))) and 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻 for those who need them.

🙋‍♀️ Miele failte to the newbies.

☘️ Terri