What's on your mind?

Replies

• cowsfan12
    cowsfan12 Posts: 6,042 Member
    cowsfan12 wrote: »
    I’ve been seeing depression ads on my fb, I know, shocker! It’s advertising basically going to a hospital to do drugs under supervision. The concept is blowing my mind but I guess medicine is responsible for most drugs on the market. Very blurred line. Idk how long this has been a thing but insurance covers it. It’s for antidepressant resistant people.
    I mean, I guess it’s working for people. I can’t see myself taking it and not for moral high ground. I just don’t know who has the time with a full time job. You’re not supposed to do anything after and you have to be driven home. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Psilocybin?? Asking for a friend?

Ketamine
    Someone said they are researching
    mushrooms

🤯 dude thats crazy

• cowsfan12
    If I won the powerball - I legit think I’d give half away - cause dafaq would I do with all that??
  • TwitchyMagee
    TwitchyMagee Posts: 4,579 Member
    If I won the powerball - I legit think I’d give half away - cause dafaq would I do with all that??
    Let me show you
  • OpheliaCooter
    OpheliaCooter Posts: 1,635 Member

I would cash a portion of it out and sleep on a mountain of money like a dragon. Blow torch anyone who approaches.
  • cowsfan12
    Let me show you

You jest I know - no one person needs that much - want that much sure .. but need - idk I grew up poor af - single mom style - like I’d legit feel
    Guilty for spending frivolously- idk maybe my tune would change but Idk
  • cowsfan12

I would cash a portion of it out and sleep on a mountain of money like a dragon. Blow torch anyone who approaches.

Like Daenerys style ?? Cause if so 😍
  • TwitchyMagee
    Let me show you
    Let me show you

You jest I know - no one person needs that much - want that much sure .. but need - idk I grew up poor af - single mom style - like I’d legit feel
    Part of the fun is giving it away
  • cowsfan12
    Let me show you
    Let me show you

Make it rain - not just for the strippers Amirite??
  • cowsfan12
    edited November 2022
  • cowsfan12
    Man I’m in my head tonite- I do not need to relay everything I’m thinking
  • TwitchyMagee
    edited November 2022
    Let me show you
    Let me show you

Yes. It’s a fantasy of mine to anonymously give away significant money. I grew up with a ton of people trying to explain to me why it’s bad to give poor people* money and just one preacher who told me “give to everyone who asks.” You can guess what side I landed on.

* in spite of the fact that by nearly every marker we were pretty poor ourselves
  • TwitchyMagee
    Sometimes I get a very excited feel good feeling when I don’t have to be anywhere😊
  • TwitchyMagee
    edited November 2022
    I’ve been seeing depression ads on my fb, I know, shocker! It’s advertising basically going to a hospital to do drugs under supervision. The concept is blowing my mind but I guess medicine is responsible for most drugs on the market. Very blurred line. Idk how long this has been a thing but insurance covers it. It’s for antidepressant resistant people.
    I mean, I guess it’s working for people. I can’t see myself taking it and not for moral high ground. I just don’t know who has the time with a full time job. You’re not supposed to do anything after and you have to be driven home. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Ketamine
    mushrooms

What if treatment resistant depression is actually a symptom of another condition that hasn’t been diagnosed. Then you’re trying to treat a symptom without treating (or understanding) the underlying cause.

• Alinouveau2
    Alinouveau2 Posts: 6,187 Member
    Let me show you
    Let me show you

Yes. It’s a fantasy of mine to anonymously give away significant money. I grew up with a ton of people trying to explain to me why it’s bad to give poor people* money and just one preacher who told me “give to everyone who asks.” You can guess what side I landed on.

* in spite of the fact that by nearly every marker we were pretty poor ourselves

Giving stuff always is such a good feeling. My parents always taught us to give and be generous. I in turn have taught my boy to do so and the first time he gave something to a homeless man on the street he said to me it felt really nice.
    If you won something crazy like the Powerball I kinda think you'd have to give some, a lot, away cause it's just too much to deal with and process. It'll get you super good karma too
  • Alinouveau2
    Alinouveau2 Posts: 6,187 Member
    My achy back. I might just spend today laying on the floor trying to work out the aches
  • ermengarde22
    ermengarde22 Posts: 2,116 Member

Ketamine
    mushrooms

YES microdosing psilocybin or single dose of ketamine is supposed to be like a brain reset

there are these anecdotal stories of people receiving ketamine injections from paramedics when they were suicidal, and something about the ketamine treatment not only took away their suicidal ideations at the time but it lasted for months afterwards without anymore treatment

i think it’s cool as hell

this is me all the time tbh
  • TwitchyMagee

Ketamine
    mushrooms

YES microdosing psilocybin or single dose of ketamine is supposed to be like a brain reset

there are these anecdotal stories of people receiving ketamine injections from paramedics when they were suicidal, and something about the ketamine treatment not only took away their suicidal ideations at the time but it lasted for months afterwards without anymore treatment

i think it’s cool as hell

this is me all the time tbh
    I was looking at a grow kit a couple of days ago. Very interesting
  • OpheliaCooter
    OpheliaCooter Posts: 1,635 Member

Ketamine
    mushrooms

From what I read the K treatments start off more frequent and you work down to once a week or every other week. I think at that point it’s kinda up in the air weather or not to continue treatment.
    In the one or two articles I read is that some people say they feel the positive effects after one dose but it really requires more to last. It should be paired with a traditional anti depressant and or cognitive therapy.
    It said it triggers the brain to open up new pathways that where lacking before. That paired with an (I assume) an ssri which helps serotonin, the K opens up new pathways for that serotonin or that’s what I understood.

ALSO after I posted about this I got the same kind of ad but for magnetic pulses!? They can miss me with that one. I draw the line at magnets 🤣
  • PaperDoll_
    PaperDoll_ Posts: 32,843 Member
    Why must hedgehogs have such short lifespans? 😞