What's on your mind?

Options

Replies

• TwitchyMagee
    TwitchyMagee Posts: 4,579 Member
    Options
    I just looked up what my local ballot looks like to alleviate my voting anxiety. I do this every time. It helps a lot.

I don’t know why I learned how to square dance but they never taught us about voting in school. I don’t mean about the electoral college and all of that stuff. I mean the actual mechanics. If I tell you I don’t know how to do something it doesn’t mean that I don’t understand the theory, it means I do not know the actual physical steps to get it done.

Also, How funny is it that coroner is an elected position And the candidates do not always need to have experience in the medical field

It's so crazy all you guys vote for there.

I was telling my American neighbour about our recent municipal election. We had some people running for french language school board trustee who weren't qualified and they told people on election Day just don't vote for them 🤣
    We vote for mayor, city or town councillor and school board trustees but you only get to vote for the one you give your taxes to, either catholic or Protestant board. That's our weird election quirk

That’s so interesting!

• TwitchyMagee
    Options
    I’ll never forget the dream I had in which the organ of someone i had a crush on spewed liquid caca. My interpretation of that dream was that my subconscious or higher self or something knew that this particular person was full of *kitten* and that the intimate relations wouldn’t be any good either.
  • TwitchyMagee
    edited November 2022
    Options
    This person speaks for me as well in this matter
    65hg6ilejsmv.jpeg
  • TwitchyMagee
    edited November 2022
    Options
    Anyway, I voted
  • OpheliaCooter
    OpheliaCooter Posts: 1,635 Member
    Options
    This person speaks for me as well in this matter
    65hg6ilejsmv.jpeg

💯
  • honey_honey_12
    honey_honey_12 Posts: 13,577 Member
    Options
    I live in a robot-free home and plan on keeping it that way.

My dumb television quit working and I haven’t replaced it because I don’t want a *kitten* ‘smart’ television.

My old PC died and I’ve just gone without a computer, no plans to buy a new one.

For me, life is better the simpler it is.
    You know, the KISS method.
  • ermengarde22
    ermengarde22 Posts: 2,116 Member
    Options
    I live in a robot-free home and plan on keeping it that way.

My dumb television quit working and I haven’t replaced it because I don’t want a *kitten* ‘smart’ television.

My old PC died and I’ve just gone without a computer, no plans to buy a new one.

For me, life is better the simpler it is.
    You know, the KISS method.

i have a roomba and i love her so much tho

• honey_honey_12
    edited November 2022
    Options
    @ermengarde22

I know, my son has one too and loves it.
    I just can’t.
    No robots.
  • honey_honey_12
    Options
    I think I was just verbally flashed 😂
  • honey_honey_12
    Options
    That I can’t get no satisfaction in this pretend empty place, I guess tv and bed. 🥱
  • Alinouveau2
    Alinouveau2 Posts: 6,216 Member
    Options
    Booking a vacation for March. It's soooo far away
  • cowsfan12
    cowsfan12 Posts: 6,042 Member
    Options

Where you going??
  • Alinouveau2
    Options
    cowsfan12 wrote: »

Where you going??

We'll do a cruise. Just trying to decide where and what's the best deal
  • cmsienk
    cmsienk Posts: 17,836 Member
    Options
    But something to look forward to. How exciting!
  • Alinouveau2
    Options
    cmsienk wrote: »
    But something to look forward to. How exciting!

We are usually last minute vacation bookers. We might be able to take advantage of paying it in stages 😂🤣 perhaps even get a good deal
  • TwitchyMagee
    edited November 2022
    Options
    If literal rocket scientists can explain aspects of astrophysics to lay people then surely my mechanic can explain what’s making that rattling sound so that I can understand it.
  • honey_honey_12
    Options
    If literal rocket scientists can explain aspects of astrophysics to lay people then surely my mechanic can explain what’s making that rattling sound so that I can understand it.

☺️ One would think so but that has not been my experience. 😀
    Mystery noises in my car drive me crazy……pun not intended. 😂
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,596 Member
    Options
    I was driving home, clipped a dude’s side mirror.
    I didn’t even know I’d clipped him.
    He had pulled his Jeep out of the turn lane and when he did he wasn’t quite all the way into his lane.
    I went flying into the turn lane to make the light, he followed me and we pulled over.
    Sure enough a little chunk at the bottom of his mirror was knocked off, about dime size.
    I was not particularly pleasant at first but we came to an agreement.
    He’d settle for $100. 🙄
    Of course I didn’t have that on me so he followed me to the bank.
    I gave him $150. and told him the extra $50. was for me being such a b**ch.
    We laughed.
    I felt slightly extorted, but I did hit him.

Please don't ever leave. :)
  • OpheliaCooter
    OpheliaCooter Posts: 1,635 Member
    Options
    I’m wondering if I’m ever going to figure out what I want. I have the big picture but not any details.
    Back at the drawing board as far as dating goes. Ol guy is out of the picture. Turns out I was wrong about someone again. Well, wrong and then right but in the end he won I suppose. 🤷🏻‍♀️ Bye bye now daddy issues manifestation. 👋🏻
    Still sorta talking to my ex but tbh he’s made it pretty clear he’s not a one woman kind if guy and there’s complications besides that so… he’s probably not the end game either. So over talking to people but I don’t have time to waste if my goal is a family. *sigh* I hope the next idiot I run into in MY idiot. 🥰
    Gotta start planning for my birthday as I have a week vacation then. Getting my passport done next week in preparation. My first choice is Japan but we’ll see what the budget is closer to the date. There’s all sorts of places I want to go and maybe somewhere warm in February would be best.
    I’m thinking since I’m tired and emotionally spent all of the time I may as well just spend as much time at work as possible and just try to make a lot of money. Plus I gotta save up money to either move or keep this place by myself. I’m over roommates. I’ve also never lived alone so that will be a new adventure.
    So over hanging out by myself every day all day. Seems like everyone is busy all the time. Meh. I have been focusing more on other things. Trying to learn Spanish again. I’m getting it pretty quickly but that’s with multiple choice mostly and the subjects are all the same so guessing is also easy.
    Mi gato es blanco. Ella es muy bonito. Yo tengo es vaso de aqua. El gato bebes el vaso de agua. Dios mio. 🤦🏻‍♀️ (Idk how to say drinks out of yet and I’m not cheating, that’s from just my pea brain)
    Absolutely riveting conversation skills if I do say so myself! 😉 basically what I talk about in English and with just as poor sentence structure.