WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR NOVEMBER 2022

Replies

• Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Heather — Sorry to hear that you and DH are sick, & he is a day ahead of you. 😘

Machka — You’re right that we sometimes have to wait. DH is working to improve his health and had a recent visit to his doctor. We hope for improvement, and it will take time. I will spend time with him when I can.

Betsy— I hope you enjoy your trip to Alaska with your youngest, and back to WA for your granddaughter’s wedding in December.

Kim— My mom was a Christmas Cookie baker with wonderful texture and flavor. She baked hers on a metal pan. I think your cookies are wonderful treats.

😊
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Pip Poor Lucy! I hope she can be healed!

Karen in VIrginia
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,427 Member
    💖
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,292 Member
    RITA ~ Love your photographs!

Carol in GA
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,099 Member
    Mangoes! Does anybody have any experience with how to cut them up??
  • suebdew
    suebdew Posts: 1,330 Member
    ❤️
  • ginnytez
    ginnytez Posts: 1,324 Member
    DrKatie-around here we don't require a positive test. According to my Health Commissioner-early on they wanted those because they were so unsure about everything Covid. They have discovered some people may continue to test positive but it doesn't mean they are contagious. We require 5 days home. If symptoms better (especially fever free) mask for 5 days. I personally think that mainly a person needs to do what they feel comfortable with that doesn't unnecessarily put others at risk.

Heather-I am also wondering if you and DH picked up a Covid reprise. Wouldn't hurt to test so you know. I have had friends who have had multiple cases

Betsy-enjoy the trip!

Katla-hang in there!

I really liked the jeans for wine! I don't drink, but I appreciate people being clever and reusing things.

Pretty cold here today. Thankfully we aren't having the lake snow. Beth(and any others in upstate NY) stay safe and hope no one loses power, etc.

Off for a quick walk then home to do a couple of chores before dinner zoom with friends.

Take care all,

Ginny in Ohio
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    💖💕💖
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,292 Member
    ANNIE ~ Happy Early Birthday!

Carol in GA
  • minicooper452
    minicooper452 Posts: 615 Member
    HAPPY WEEKEND!

Grateful for...
    18-*piece of art-anything by Ettore DeGrazia
    Love and Blessings, Carla, in MN
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,099 Member
    edited November 2022
    Karen I think it was you that told me about a site on Facebook that you could become a member of and give things away to people for free in your zip code. I do not remember what that name is and I have lots of stuff to give away! I had thought that I joined up, but cannot find the group. If this wasn’t you, can anybody help me??

💕 Mary from Arizona\Minnesota
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,183 Member
    Starting to feel a bit better. DH not so much. Crossing fingers.
    I've been resting and sleeping. Watching crap TV. :p
    Hope it's doing the trick.
    Love Heather UK xxxxxx
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,925 Member
    fanncy0626 wrote: »
    Mangoes! Does anybody have any experience with how to cut them up??

Two ways I peel mango. Peel the whole thing then slice off both thick sides then the thin sides or before peeling it, cut the two thick sides off, score it, push it inside out and cut the cubes off then trim the thin sides.

Thanks for the reminder- I have a few that I need to use up.
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,315 Member
    Annie - I'd better jump in before I forget - have a GREAT Birthday on Sunday!! <3

Lanette B)
    SW WA State
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,925 Member
    fanncy0626 wrote: »
    Karen I think it was you that told me about a site on Facebook that you could become a member of and give things away to people for free in your zip code. I do not remember what that name is and I have lots of stuff to give away! I had thought that I joined up, but cannot find the group. If this wasn’t you, can anybody help me??

💕 Mary from Arizona\Minnesota

here it is " Buy Nothing and Freeshare" and our town name
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,020 Member
    Mary you can also try Freecycle which is another website for the exchange of free stuff. It just depends which one is more active in your town.

Thanks for the birthday wishes! I really value the friendship on this site. You ladies mean a lot to me!

Annie in Delaware