WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR NOVEMBER 2022

Options

Replies

• auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,491 Member
    Options
    Gratitude 11: Holiday=Christmas, for all the precious memories.

Betsy words fail. ((hugs held extra long))
    Machka, like you, I love train travel and have long dreamed of taking the train through the Canadian Rockies.
    Papa was a WWII SeaBee in the South Pacific.
    Just skimmin’ as today’s surprise perio visit left me tired. Grateful they had a cancellation and could fit me in, way better than waiting ‘til my Dec 2 appointment. Glad its all over ‘til follow up appointment in March.

Done:

11/11: Move: 2 sets pt, steps: 4933 :P
    Fuel: plants (running count for week) so far: almonds, apple, artichoke, avocado, beans-cannellini, beets, broccoli stalk, carrots, cauliflower, celery, corn on the cob, cherries-dried, cranberries-dried, cucumber, garlic, grapefruit, maraschino cherry, mustard greens, orange, pecans, radish, romaine, snap peas, snow peas, sweet peppers-orange, sweet peppers-red, tomato-sauce, walnuts, wheat-pasta/bread CI<CO=Y just barely
    Live: Joe, readings, BP, last quarter perio, Freddie’s.
    Wt: 138.7

Lighter, lovelies!
    Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD x8zcp1ya37k1.gif
    2022: Be still and listen.
    November: Move more (7515 steps), fuel better (protein + vegs), live NOW (time with Joe, Tumble and Shadow).
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,877 Member
    Options
    30 Days of Gratitude
    ccz3itve5r6y.png

1. Smell - freshly cut grass on our lawn.
    2. Technology - the amazing advancements in medical technology.
    3. Colour - blue. Beautiful blue sky peaking through the clouds.
    4. Food - soup. That's what I've been eating just recently because there's less chewing. We always keep a few cans of soup on hand for situations like these.
    5. Sound - my music. I've recently acquired a number of nature sounds CDs with music playing along with sounds of ocean waves, birds, and so on. Lovely.
    6. Nature - I love nature. It would be incredibly difficult for me to pick just one thing. I am so grateful that there is nature and that I can enjoy it.
    7. Memory - Winter 2017. The last time I visited my parents and a wonderful 1-month holiday to Canada that June/July. My husband and I did two cycling events and a lot of other cycling. We climbed mountains and explored a glacier. We visited friends and family.
    Memories:
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/machka-bb/albums/72157682899188730
    8. Book - Norman Doidge's The Brain's Way of Healing. I found it inspirational!
    https://www.normandoidge.com/?page_id=1042
    9. Place - home. I've moved and travelled a lot and home is wherever I happen to feel really comfortable. Right now, home is a certain house here in Tasmania where I can go and just be myself (mostly, for even a little while). Home is where I can lie down on the sofa and doze off when I've had a rough day, like I did yesterday.
    10. Taste - salt. My favourite taste. :) On the one hand I need salt because of my exercise and medications, on the other hand I need to reduce my salt because of my kidneys. But given the choice, I'll usually go salty over sweet ... or maybe salty and sweet!
    11. Holiday - Christmas!!!!
    12. Texture - smoothness. I like smooth clothes, smooth sheets, Rhody's smooth fur ...

Machka in Oz

• TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,101 Member
    Options
    Just a quick catch-up as DYD is coming to take me out to IKEA.

November Gratitude:
    1. smell. Vanilla ice cream
    2. technology. Internet - access to y’all
    3. colour. Golden tones of autumn
    4. food. Mussels in white wine
    5. sound. The sound of DH in the kitchen making morning tea
    6. nature. Woodland and mountains
    7. memory. Holding my 11 day old DGD on Christmas morning 1994
    8. book. All books 😝
    9. place. My garden
    10. taste. Chocolate
    11. holiday. Cruise to Norway to see the Northern lights. We did so many things on that cruise.
    12. texture. There are so many textures, but I love the sleek silkiness of my hair when it is newly washed.
    13. abilities.
    14. sight.
    15. season.
    16. about your body.
    17. knowledge.
    18. piece of art.
    19. touch.
    20. who.
    21. song.
    22. story.
    23. tradition.
    24. challenge.
    25. moment this week.
    26. form of expression.
    27. daily use item.
    28. what happen today.
    29. friend/family member.
    30. talent or skill

Virtual (((hugs))) and 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻 for those who need them.

🙋‍♀️ Miele failte to the newbies.

☘️ Terri

• Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited November 2022
    Options
    Barbara— My dad was also a SeeBee in the Solomon Islands. His ship was attacked by Japanese Kamazi Pilots. The ship caught on fire. He had nightmares of fires off & on for the balance of his life.
  • ginnytez
    ginnytez Posts: 1,336 Member
    Options
    Work time discussion-
    - I think each work place finds what works for it. Since our folks are paid hourly, that impacts things. We have fairly tight schedules with customer appointments. Accurate time reporting is a basic honesty issue. Nearly every one is paid by the hour. Also, some people need structure to be effective. However, we do have generous leave, 14 holidays and ability for most positions to work from home 3 days each week. We need to have a public in person presence due to the nature of our work.

Veterans-I had an uncle in Army, BIL Army, nephew in Navy, two brothers both in Navy, and oldest son Air Force. And of course, many friends who served in Viet Nam.

Was thinking about driving 1 1/1 hours to watch gs soccer game. Temperature drop today-expected high of 44 and snow possible. Also have that slightly achy/sinuses not happy feeling that comes with colds. I love the kids but am not up to tromping around soccer fields and being in wind and cold. I think I am, perhaps, getting old! I am ok out as long as I am dressed for it and can move/walk.

Take care all,

Ginny in Ohio
  • Katla49
    Options
    Yesterday I spent time with DH. He had a hair cut and looked good. Afterwards I went to Walmart for cottage cheese & blueberries, my favorite breakfast choices. I also bought a little artificial Christmas Tree. It perked up my living room. 🎄
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,392 Member
    Options
    Katla, so pleased you had a good visit with your DH!

Pip, hope your maiden voyage with your new pack is a raging success!

Machka, I'm with you on the idea of a cruise. Not my bag at all, and totally uneasy at the thought of being out of sight of land. Mostly, though, just the thought of that many other people in one place.

Heather, Corey can't handle low moods on my part, either. It's interesting that their emotions are so entangled in ours. I just go away and read or nap.

Karen, so pleased you're enjoying your wonderful dinners! Sounds like things are going well.

Catching up my November gratitudes:
    11. holiday. I'm grateful for the four Corey gets off each year - July 4, Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year's Day.
    12. texture. I'm grateful for the texture of a sun-dried towel on my skin.

Starting on my second cup of tea... the cold front not only brought freezing temps last night, but an unexpected dusting of snow! Always pretty, just glad it's not so much that it will bring this area to a screeching halt.

Happy Saturday...
    Love,
    Lisa
  • Katla49
    Options
    <3
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,919 Member
    Options
    "The wisdom of life consists in the elimination of non-essentials."---Lin Yutang

2191610q208gshr57.gif
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    edited November 2022
    Options
    <3<3<3 Evie and Bea at the skating rink!

I have been on 4 cruises, each very different. The first was in 1987 to the Galapagos with my son and mom. Small ship, very personal, fabulous time. The second was a company-sponsored Caribbean cruise to thank key personnel - large but nice ship and we had a great time. Third trip was a Carnival cruise to the Bahamas that stunk big time. Fourth was a European Christmas Market river cruise and it was super nice. Tauck, if I remember correctly. I'm all cruised out; I have had my fill.

Karen in Virginia with a busy day ahead
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,703 Member
    Options
    Morning Ladies
    I love cruises if your with friends and if you have a balcony cabin.
    To not get the swells its midship and about 1/2 way up the ship .. and we have cruised the Caribbean so not to many swells down there.
    We got the remnants of Nicole last night and so it was rainy and windy and I will stay in today and try and get stuff done here..
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,212 Member
    Options
    They do say on river cruises it's more than difficult to get away from people. I'm not a fan of 'people' in general.
    On Saga cruises a lot of people are very old and very stuck in their ways. We mostly talk to the guest lecturers. Occasionally we come across someone who knows how to have a conversation! The demographic is the opposite to us, politically, socially. They feel like my parents generation.
    What we like is the door to door service. No flying. No driving. Pack as much as you like. The holiday starts at your own front door. I wouldn't fly to cruise. Small ship. Laundry included. Everything included, even tips. Champagne .
    I would like better WiFi and I hope they bring back the male dancing hosts. I miss dancing before dinner. DH can manage basics, but I have to steer him round. Dancing is my favourite part of the cruise.
    Love Heather xxxxxxxx
  • minicooper452
    minicooper452 Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    I love potatoes, Debbie, but what on earth do you do with 50lbs!!!

Grateful for...
    12-*texture-fleece
    Love and Blessings, Carla, in MN