WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR NOVEMBER 2022

Replies

• cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,185 Member
    The latest episode of Food Glue, my son Tom's podcast, has quite a long mention of me around midway. :p (I listen to it on Spotify for free, but I'm sure it's on Apple as well)
    I hope one day he will invite me on as a guest. >:)

Love Heather UK xxxxxx
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,827 Member
    <3
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,494 Member
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,344 Member
    Barbie, much like you, in the past I participated in some holidays quite happily. But I find that I have no specific memories of my kids' first Christmas with me, or others that I know within reason I was part of, but can't remember. In my previous life before Corey, being military and then a military wife for 27 years, I didn't get home much. When I did, I avoided Christmas. Someone always had a breakdown (usually an in-law) and everything went pear-shaped after that.

I do remember other things that meant so much, like seeing my daughter for the first time after her Army basic training and bursting into tears. Like trying to teach Johnny to drive and realizing very quickly that Corey needed to teach him, not me. I am not patient enough to be a teacher. And, by the way, he's 28 now and still doesn't have a driver's license, nor does he want one. I may have ruined him.

I did ask Corey to stop and buy a bone-in turkey breast on the way home. I want to make some bread tomorrow... because the turkey breast is purely to have leftovers and make sandwiches. Homemade fresh bread, lots of mayonnaise and turkey. Sounds yummy to me! :smiley:

The neighbors in the little house below us have apparently abandoned the property and their dogs - their front door has stood wide open for almost a week and their dogs' gate is wide open, with no people in sight. The dogs aren't vicious or anything, which is good... I informed the city police of the abandonment, but no idea if they will or can do anything about it. Just very weird.

Ah, well...
    Time to actually get something done.
    Love y'all,
    Lisa in AR

• fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,099 Member
    Lisa do you have an animal humane society or rescue organization near you? I would be worried about the dogs not having food or water. That’s sad it’s like animal cruelty at the worst! A week is a long time to go without food or water.

💕 Mary from Arizona/Minnesota
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,040 Member
    edited November 2022
    Heather you remind me in need to pace myself during the holiday season. I love the thought to give myself permission to say no.

Carla that is my favorite story too!
  • sh0tzz99
    sh0tzz99 Posts: 942 Member
    pnw825hnbku9.png

Tina - does this ring true? It does for me, lol.

Lanette B)
    SW WA State

Ha ha ha....some days, it definitely does. We don't have "winter" and I don't mind leaving the house. I just don't want to meet people. I guess my "problem" is the people.

Tina in CA
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,631 Member
    edited November 2022
    Hi gals
    Grateful:
    1 smell. Damp redwoods
    2 technology. electricity
    3 color. Yellow – the sun
    4 food. Soup
    5 sound. Birds
    6 nature. Ilove it all, gardening, walking, feeling far enough away from the hurry hurry of the city

7 memory. My dad, he died in 1977 and he had a huge impact on me
    8 book. Poems by Robert Service
    9 place. Gualala, CA I love camping there
    10 taste. Sweet – especially ice cream on warm berry pie
    11 holiday. Christmas but sometimes my birthday - I can be in charge of my B-day and Christmas includes potential for too much drama
    12 texture. Cashmere – soft fuzzy
    13 abilities. I am thankful I am resourceful and persistent
    14 sight. My vision has improved as I have aged and I am very grateful
    15 season. Fall is my favorite followed by spring, then winter and last is summer
    16 about your body. I like my hair, it is thick, and is pretty easy to manage.
    17 knowledge. I love that I am mechanical and can figure out lots of things
    18 piece of art. Monet’s water lilys
    19 touch. Levi laying his head on my shoulder (Levi is my dog)
    20 who. My group of friends who make sure I have a place to go for the holidays
    21 song. Take me home, Country Roads by John Denver
    22 story. I love books of all sorts.
    23 tradition.
    24 challenge.
    25 moment this week.
    26 form of expression.
    27 daily use item.
    28 what happen today.
    29 friend/family member.
    30 talent or skill

Smiles Kim in N California
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,779 Member
    <3
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,185 Member
    Tina - I've always been the same, but I used to feel guilty about it. Now I don't. :p I used to try to fit in and please people. Now I am pleased with the people I choose to be around. I have decided I am an 'ambivert' , someone who can do the social thing for a little while and enjoy it, but then needs a decent recovery time. You may be a true introvert, and there's nothing wrong with that. Or you may be depressed because you are not giving yourself enough alone time. <3
    Knowing our limits is most of the battle.

Love Heather UK xxxxxx
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,793 Member
    Loving this.. I need Pals to keep me motivated in quest to lose 5# and increase exercise… age 74

Welcome and join in when you can! This is a fast moving thread and sometimes I just skim. But it is a great place to share and receive tips that work for us. Everyone is different so pick what works for you!

RvRita in NM
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,344 Member
    fanncy0626 wrote: »
    Lisa do you have an animal humane society or rescue organization near you? I would be worried about the dogs not having food or water. That’s sad it’s like animal cruelty at the worst! A week is a long time to go without food or water. 💕 Mary from Arizona/Minnesota

Mary - the town we live in has neither, and if they did, wouldn't have a place to put them. The ones in the nearest towns won't come out--they have more than they can handle where they are. The dogs have been gone now since Saturday night, so hopefully they've moved on to somewhere to find food and water. We don't have the time or the heart space for strays - there is no week that goes by where a dog isn't dumped near our home, and we can't save them all.
    Loving this.. I need Pals to keep me motivated in quest to lose 5# and increase exercise… age 74

DustFlame - Welcome! We have more than a few who are over 70, so you're in good company. Just keep coming back, and let us know what you want us to call you and about where you are. It helps us keep everyone straight!

Machka - your poor nose! It looks quite painful. Hope the next surgery is both successful and a less painful recovery.

Gratitudes:
    21 song. So many, just impossible to pick one. Nessun dorma is right up there, though.
    22 story. I am most grateful that the story of my life sent me here, and that the ending has not yet been written.

Later, y'all,
    Much love,
    Lisa in AR