WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR DECEMBER 2022

Options

Replies

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,066 Member
    Options
    auntiebk wrote: »
    Well heckums. After putting together bean dip for fellowship, the storm moved in so decided to forego in-person church. Wonder how half an avocado with a half cup of refried beans and an ounce of cheddar cheese will taste with tea for breakfast?
    :laugh:

Lighter, lovelies!
    Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD x8zcp1ya37k1.gif
    2022: Be still and listen.
    December: Move more, fuel better, live NOW.

If that's the dip I'm thinking of, I haven't had it in years and years and years!
  • Machka9
    Options
    Machka you are right, Roomba’s are NOT cheap. BUT I got our j7 from the irobot website for $399 and I see the newer i7 equivalent is now down to $279. https://www.irobot.com/en_US/deals.html#deals
    3hvh535wxbon.jpg

I didn’t want the more expensive “self emptying” one as the bags are not reusable, you have to keep buying more. I actually get a sense of accomplishment from emptying the bin. :laugh: And yes, I love love love my Roomba. It does such a better job than I ever did on keeping the high traffic areas clean. It even inspired me this morning to take my Dyson stick to some upholstery and corners that haven’t been cleaned in a l o o o n g while. .:blush:

Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD x8zcp1ya37k1.gif
    2022: Be still and listen.
    December: Move more, fuel better, live NOW.

The i3, like the one you've linked to is $1000 here. The i7 is quite a bit more.

https://www.jbhifi.com.au/products/irobot-roomba-i3-robot-vacuum-1
    f50j3qa4at0i.png

https://www.myer.com.au/p/irobot-romba-i3-robot-vacuum
    lfmum0wbddat.png

M in Oz

• Machka9
    edited December 2022
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    If you're interested in the Action for Happiness Calendar ...
    Do Good December
    This month, we're encouraging you to carry out small acts of kindness.

Or we could post something we're thankful for, or happy about, related to the holiday season.

December 1 - I love the Christmas music. :) Come December 1, that's almost all I play. Christmas music or classical music (when I have to think at work or when we're in the car).

December 2 - Christmas decorations! We're lagging behind a bit because I usually like to decorate on December 1. But we got the decorations upstairs on Dec 2. Today I'll rearrange furniture and make a start.

December 3 - Summer. My favourite season. And we are finally having a few days of decent weather after a very wild and woolly spring. That's not saying the good weather will last (thanks La Nina) but there should be more of it.

December 4 - Memories. So many of the Christmas songs and traditions remind me of my parents and grandparents and happy Christmases with them.

December 5 - Christmas Displays. I like how many of the shops have Christmas Displays, and some are quite detailed and intricate.

:heart:

Just saw your post, Barbara ...

:heart:
    Aha, finally found a December daily gratitude calendar.
    https://www.spacewiseorganizing.com/december-gratitude-challenge/
    “This time of year, there’s a lot of pressure to think about what we want instead of what we have. Every day for the month of December, celebrate what you’re grateful for corresponding to the theme of the day. Snap a photo or update your status on IG or FB with #spaceforgratitude”
    1sa7taue9pwm.png

1 What is something that makes you laugh? Rhody! We're so very glad we got our little COVID Cat!

2 Something about the current season you’re grateful for. Rest. There will be a lot of rest over Christmas.

3 What about your body do you love/are you grateful for? I like my nose and want to keep it. But my official answer will be legs - for transport (walking) and recreation (cycling).

4 Who is someone in your life that you’re grateful for? I've said husband and parents last month, and that's true, but this month I'll say ... my manager. She has been supportive and encouraging regarding my input into my job.

5 What is a book that changed your life? The Bible. :) With the Christmas season in mind, I'm reading the gospel of Luke now.

6 Think about something you’re good at.
    7 What is a lesson you’re grateful you learned?
    8 A basic need that has been met.
    9 What are you most grateful for in the city/town where you live?
    10 What rejection in your life are you most grateful for?
    11 Something you use every day.
    12 Something you don’t need anymore.
    13 Refuge – space you love in your home
    14 Item of clothing
    15 Taste
    16 Touch
    17 Smell
    18 Sound
    19 Sight
    20 Texture
    21 Color
    22 A song that makes you happy.
    23 Type of weather you love.
    24 Professional who helps you.
    25 Something you take for granted.
    26 A TV show that you look forward to watching.
    27 A movie you watch over and over.
    28 An opportunity you’re grateful you had.
    29 A place you love to visit.
    30 A tool you find incredibly useful.
    31 A daily habit you’re happy you’ve cultivated.

Machka in Oz
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,767 Member
    Options
    Morning ladies
    I too bought a roomba but haven't gotten it to go yet..i have the app on my phone and have it plugged in but it says it won't connect to the wifi ,and the wifi is less than 10 ft away..so will have to figure it out..
  • Machka9
    edited December 2022
    Options
    Busy, busy, busy week!! It's like I'm cramming a month's worth of stuff into this one week! I didn't intend for it to be like this but sometimes that's the way it happens.

I'm working all 5 days this week, so it's a long week for me.

Plus I've got extra stuff on just about every day.

Today, Monday, was work and then the Brain Injury Assoc. AGM & Christmas thing. Left home about 8 am ... returned home about 8 pm.

Next week, I commence 3 weeks of enforced rest.

I'm setting up a little Christmas display in the bedroom so that I can look toward it when I'm resting. I won't be able to see it clearly because I won't be able to wear my glasses but I'll see the little LED lights. :)

Machka in Oz
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,316 Member
    edited December 2022
    Options
    Machka - The Australian dollar is .68 of the US one, but that still makes it around 675 US dollars. They are a similar price over here. Barbara got a great deal! :D

Done today's section of poems. I am so glad I have left all that mind set behind me! What agony I used to live in!

One thing I have noticed about myself these days, is that I am less perfectionist. I don't mind nearly so much just having a go and not getting it right. How freeing that is! :D I used to be very all or nothing. Often nothing. Now I can entertain just muddling along. :laugh:

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    6:45 am— I hope this will be a good day and I will be able to spend time with DH.
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,090 Member
    edited December 2022
    Options
    Good morning ladies!

A book that changed my life is Ayn Rand The Fountainhead. It helped me find a little pride in myself back in high school when I was different.

Well, my dad wants to take my mom Christmas shopping at Walmart. I really don't want to go, but I probably should. Yet I don't know what I could do.

It's frosty outside. I need to put air in my tires and I missed the last warm day.

Annie in Delaware
  • minicooper452
    minicooper452 Posts: 619 Member
    Options
    WAIT till you see it Machka! That's already what I do. The ladder AND a sideboard AND the floor. Then you'll understand why it's still too much! I'm down to the floor and that's one of the biggest problems. I have to figure out how to get back up once I get down there. (or find someone to help me light it up) I may call Lacy if she has time.

5 What is a book that changed your life? Left Behind, just gave me an idea of what life could look like for those who do not Believe.
    Love and Blessings, Carla, in MN
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,767 Member
    Options
    Little boy up at 4:15 and out at 7:30 so thats good for me but gee I feel bad for Tracy..
    I have to go pick up last of groceries once Tracy gets home and send some stuff back that i got Miles thats to small.
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    B)
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Machka, Our Roomba cost $211. The same model is now on sale for $179. Sorry they are so expensive where you live; a thousand dollars is ridiculous!!

9tw2k8dn3qec.jpeg
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    edited December 2022
    Options
    1 What is something that makes you laugh? Robin Williams movies.
    2 Something about the current season you’re grateful for. Very grateful for the cool fall weather and the lovely rains.
    3 What about your body do you love/are you grateful for? I am grateful for my hair. It's a pretty color and has body/wave. I never have to fuss with it.
    4 Who is someone in your life that you’re grateful for? I am incredibly grateful for the assistant marketing manager Stephanie at our retirement community, who is skillfully navigating us through the portal into our retirement community. Among other things, she tactfully negotiated to return the larger storage space that originally came with our apartment (it had been commandeered, lol), assigned us a prime parking space near the elevator in the parking garage, gave us a grace period before we have to start daily "check ins", took charge of a delivery of large awkward boxes in our absence, delivering them into our apartment with care, spontaneously recruited us to join into a trivia game that was already underway, and numerous other little thoughtful gestures. Plus she is super responsive to emails.
    5 What is a book that changed your life? To Kill a Mockingbird
    6 Think about something you’re good at.
    7 What is a lesson you’re grateful you learned?
    8 A basic need that has been met.
    9 What are you most grateful for in the city/town where you live?
    10 What rejection in your life are you most grateful for?
    11 Something you use every day.
    12 Something you don’t need anymore.
    13 Refuge – space you love in your home
    14 Item of clothing
    15 Taste
    16 Touch
    17 Smell
    18 Sound
    19 Sight
    20 Texture
    21 Color
    22 A song that makes you happy.
    23 Type of weather you love.
    24 Professional who helps you.
    25 Something you take for granted.
    26 A TV show that you look forward to watching.
    27 A movie you watch over and over.
    28 An opportunity you’re grateful you had.
    29 A place you love to visit.
    30 A tool you find incredibly useful.
    31 A daily habit you’re happy you’ve cultivated.

Karen in Virginia
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,647 Member
    Options
    Good Job Lucy!!! Pip you are a great puppy Mom.
  • OregonMother
    OregonMother Posts: 1,574 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry, Kim. If we were closer, you could join us for our charcuterie board. We are keeping it low key.

Flea
    Willamette Valley OR
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,647 Member
    Options
    Flea - I wish we were closer too!