dlfk202000 Posts: 2,975 Member
    Options
    The peanut brittle recipe is 7 minutes out of your day to make!💖
    fk8rdm1d88ay.jpg
    Enjoy!
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa

I want to make some!!! I need to see if I have corn syrup.
    I made 12 batches of fudge, 6 batches of caramel corn and 4 batches of cracker toffee.(all that in the past three days)
    I have extra peanuts- will make some peanut clusters and try your recipe.
  • dlfk202000
    Options
    Terri and Barbie- Thank you!! Still a bit overwhelmed but starting to deal a little better. Trying not to think about it.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,577 Member
    Options
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,060 Member
    Options
    Well, the candy I bought for the stockings came in a flat box that won't fit. So I found stuff on Amazon for my Mom and Dad, but I'm a little stuck on mine. So far, all I've got is a new pair of dog trimming scissors with round tips. I might throw in the earbuds I got myself for my birthday. It's a strange problem trying to fill stockings. I looked at office supplies and hair and nail things. And toys. I don't use makeup. Candy is kind of the standard, but I bought enough of that. Oh well it's a minor problem.

Annie in Delaware
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,358 Member
    Options

Worked today then bowling. Ceramics tonight. BUT...no work tomorrow so that means I get to go to the gym to do a body pump DVD

After work took Jerry home and then went to WalMart. Got a gift certificate for Denise and a few other things.

Ordered a Christmas gift for PJ yesterday. We decided to get him an electric drum set. Denise might not appreciate it...but I think PJ will. It does have headphones so he doesn’t need to disturb the neighbors. And who knows? Maybe we have a budding musician in the family! Also got him a box of snacks (Goldfish, gummys, that sort of thing). We’re going to send her a voucher for gas that’s payable upon presentation in Newton. Who knows if this will do anything or not? I’m guessing not.

Kim – this year we’re going to have Christmas at Jess’. We usually have it here. Assuming we’re going to next year, I’ve already planned to ask two couples I know who will be alone on christmas Eve.

Karen Oregon – welcome!

Vicki – this Cookie Wall, does someone make the cookies?

We’re having the bowling Christmas party next Monday. I put down that I’d bring cheese. Wonder if Sam’s makes a cheese tray? Well, I have to go there Thursday to get coleslaw for the weekend, so I’ll look. I also need to get a Visa gift card for a friend of mine. I did find out that if you buy the gift card at Sam’s, most of the time it costs a bit less. Like a $30 gift card might only be $28. But it’s something, and something is better than nothing

Rebecca – I hear ya about not being keen on doing things for Christmas. For some reason, I have absolutely no ambition to write out the Christmas cards. I usually do that the first week or so of December, but I just have no desire to do it this year. I probably should get on the stick and at least send the ones out to the people I absolutely want to send one to. But first...soup kitchen Friday and since I’m down that way, I should buy stamps

Debbie – I’m so sorry to hear this. Well, at least you won’t have the surgeries until after the holidays and you can enjoy yourself (as much as you can). When I have to take a Sudafed, I’m up at 3:00 watching Mary Tyler Moore.

Heather – I find, too, that the older I get, the less little things bother me. Which is a refreshing feeling. Also, I feel like something doesn’t HAVE to be done asap, if it waits, it waits.

Went to ceramics. Vince picked up his Bumble (from Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer), they fired my goldfish but we didn’t have room to bring it home tonight so I’ll bring it home tomorrow, and my shark. Will post pics tomorrow.

Michele NC
  • dlfk202000
    Options
    Well, the candy I bought for the stockings came in a flat box that won't fit. So I found stuff on Amazon for my Mom and Dad, but I'm a little stuck on mine. So far, all I've got is a new pair of dog trimming scissors with round tips. I might throw in the earbuds I got myself for my birthday. It's a strange problem trying to fill stockings. I looked at office supplies and hair and nail things. And toys. I don't use makeup. Candy is kind of the standard, but I bought enough of that. Oh well it's a minor problem.

Annie in Delaware

what about a pretty bookmark or a book. What hobbies do you have? Do you like crafts- Or coloring book.
  • dlfk202000
    Options
    exermom wrote: »
    Worked today then bowling. Ceramics tonight. BUT...no work tomorrow so that means I get to go to the gym to do a body pump DVD

Debbie – I’m so sorry to hear this. Well, at least you won’t have the surgeries until after the holidays and you can enjoy yourself (as much as you can). When I have to take a Sudafed, I’m up at 3:00 watching Mary Tyler Moore.

Went to ceramics. Vince picked up his Bumble (from Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer), they fired my goldfish but we didn’t have room to bring it home tonight so I’ll bring it home tomorrow, and my shark. Will post pics tomorrow.

Michele NC

I can't ever remember if it is actifed or sudafed that keeps me up so I dont take anything, just in case.
    I need to check with the doctor about my sleep aid stuff if I can take that or if that is on the list of things to avoid for the week before surgery- he says no herbal suppliments or any of the things on a long list. Nothing that might be a blood thinner

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,577 Member
    Options
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,842 Member
    Options
    <3
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,932 Member
    Options
    GodMomKim wrote: »
    Holiday season is often hard for me, and while I thought I had this one figured out it turns out that my plans were dashed yesterday, and while there are 20 days to figure out new plans, at this point I’ll be home with Levi. In my day dreams I would have had a big family with lots of folks around; too bad it is just a day dream. To any of you hosting holiday meals if it is in your heart and budget consider inviting folks to join you, even the most connected person may not have a place to be. And it is so much easier to accept an invitation than to ask to be invited.

Smiles Kim in N. California

Sorry your plans fell through. :( Is one of your local churches doing anything?

I'll be having a very quiet Christmas too.

M in Oz

• evie1958
    evie1958 Posts: 852 Member
    Options
    Tracey, those stockings are truly amazing! I hope that the recipients realize how much love and work went into them also!
    Annie, if stockings cause you so much angst, why bother with them? Hubby and I have ours hung up (I hung them up!), but nothing will go in them. Well, maybe some lottery tickets to scratch, but that's about it.
    Hubby and I don't even bother exchanging gifts, we just go out and buy what we want/need throughout the year. It does make life simpler! lol A few times when we have been talking about getting a bigger ticket item (tv, new bed) we've said "it will be our Christmas present this year". It works for us. This year, our son had a suggestion for them (chair pads for their "new to them" wooden chairs) which made me happy, but I also bought them a set of sheets that they know nothing about! One of our neighbours is selling them as a fundraiser for her kids speed skating club. The price was right and the sample that I got to feel was lovely! They will be surprised and it's something that they will enjoy.
    That's it for me, it's getting late again and I need some sleep!
    Hugs for those needing them, congrats to those celebrating and welcome to the newbies!
    Evelyn, Vancouver Island
  • Machka9
    edited December 2022
    Options
    Vickil57 wrote: »
    Machka--Beautiful pictures of where you are able to walk. The water is so blue.
    Blessings, Vicki GRAND ISLAND, NE <3

The colour depends on the sky. :) Right now the sun is going down and there are clouds around so it's kind of a pinky grey.

I like that about our bay ... it changes. :)

It's an ocean bay near the mouth of a large river.

This was in October:
    mhm1d6hpqu3f.png

I'm trying to remember - didn't we have a discussion several years ago about going to a restaurant as a single person - not necessarily on Christmas or a holiday. And someone mentioned that restaurants often place "singles" together at a table for conversation? I just checked - looks like Applebees might be open on Christmas, at least around here. I think if I didn't have an invite and really wanted to have a nice meal, I'd look into this.

You never know who you might meet. I'd probably ask to be seated at a table with a gentleman without prison tats, lol, and start up a conversation about cleaning gutters, pruning, etc. :p

Lanette B)
    SW WA State

I would not like that! If I go to a restaurant by myself, it's because I want to be by myself.

M in Oz

• Machka9
    Options
    Did an Instagram post today about Perfectionism. It used to plague me. I was paralysed by it. I've noticed recently that I'm far more likely nowadays to just have a go at something and not worry too much about it being perfect. Or even very good! Phew! Very freeing. Reading my old poems makes me realise how miserable I was comparing myself to some spurious notion of 'genius'. Now I take joy in the trying. Messing up is not so terrifying any more.
    Is this just a result of getting old? What do other 'oldies' think? :p

Much love to all, Heather UK xxxxxxxx

I've never been a perfectionist ... and I've always liked to learn and try new things.

As for being miserable, I was increasingly unhappy with my ex but once we separated, the "miserable" went away. That was in my early 30s.

Machka in Oz