• 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    Karen from Oregan ~ Welcome!

Carol in GA
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,563 Member
    Options
    Rebecca - did you see the Goonies house was for sale and actually sold to a fan who wants to keep it like it was? I saw it on FB - can't find the story right now. If I do I'll message it to you. ;)

Kim - So sorry the Christmas invite fell through. :( Hoping someone else comes up for you!

I'm trying to remember - didn't we have a discussion several years ago about going to a restaurant as a single person - not necessarily on Christmas or a holiday. And someone mentioned that restaurants often place "singles" together at a table for conversation? I just checked - looks like Applebees might be open on Christmas, at least around here. I think if I didn't have an invite and really wanted to have a nice meal, I'd look into this.

You never know who you might meet. I'd probably ask to be seated at a table with a gentleman without prison tats, lol, and start up a conversation about cleaning gutters, pruning, etc. :p

Karen in VA - my Amazon packages arrived, several of them were taped shut - having come apart along the way. Luckily the items were still in there. I've also noticed boxes arrive with the tape coming loose. What a nightmare this must be for the shipping companies.

Rosemarie - glad to see you back :)

Pip - glad Lucy is doing better and your pups are walking more. How's Kirby feeling?

Karen in OR - Welcome! I'm up the road a ways in SW WA State.

I've noticed the neighborhood doesn't have as many yard decorations as in the past. Across from me is a really cute light pole with lights wound around it as Barbie mentioned, and the house next to that has a gorgeous Christmas Tree in the front room I can see at night plus all kinds of reindeer, snowmen, etc. in the front yard. I have the perfect spot to view and appreciate their hard work.

I put up a couple wreaths and that's going to be it.

Walmart shoppers - I discovered I can find the website for my local store, and enter items I'm looking for. It will tell you if they have it in stock and what row/aisle has it. Sure has saved me a lot of time since they've rearranged everything.

Have a great week!

Lanette B)
    SW WA State

Kirby is doing good, thx for asking.

Stats for the day-

Walk w/kids- 2hrs 6min 26sec, 68elev, 2.75ap, 91ahr, 115mhr, 6.05mi= 669c
    Strava app = 741c
    * Lucy walked 1.67mi*
    Zwift home bike trainer- strava stats- 14.48min, 197elev, 165aw, 20.5amph, 118ahr, 160mhr, 45gear, 5.05mi= 145c
    Zwift stats- 14.54min, 197elev, 163aw, 53arpm, 20.46amph, 5.08mi= 139c

Total cal 814
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,713 Member
    Options
    Afternoon ladies
    Had to drop stuff off at UPS holy cow ,a line out the door and UPS trucks picking stuff up to take deliver as we were dropping off..,felt bad for the guys working there..
    Kim- I feel you my friend... i will be going over to my daughter and son in laws to see the kids open there presents and then ,I'll be home by myself and Alfie for the rest of the day ,and same for new years..
    I love being together with friends with family but not a huge crowd..
    Went to visit my friend Lil and brought Alfie up.. she loved it.. they have put a hospital bed in the living room ,she has had a few falls..
    Another day tomorrow..if I lived closer Kim you and I,andLevi and Alfie could hang out for Christmas 🎄 love ya girl!!
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,233 Member
    edited December 2022
    Options
    Rosemarie - these birdfeeders are built like tanks! Good so far! They did manage to knock one off its branch once. Bent it, but couldn't get in.

Finished my cards. DH bought stamps this morning, so I'll post them on the way to our Bea pick-up tomorrow. I've never got them done so early, apart from the year we were moving at the end of November, so we used them as a change of address card. :D
    We are planning to have a date night tomorrow as we will be in the centre of Hove. A quick beer at the micro brewery and then a meal at the Persian restaurant. It really does us good. We feel like young lovers. :D:p<3

Did an Instagram post today about Perfectionism. It used to plague me. I was paralysed by it. I've noticed recently that I'm far more likely nowadays to just have a go at something and not worry too much about it being perfect. Or even very good! Phew! Very freeing. Reading my old poems makes me realise how miserable I was comparing myself to some spurious notion of 'genius'. Now I take joy in the trying. Messing up is not so terrifying any more.
    Is this just a result of getting old? What do other 'oldies' think? :p

Much love to all, Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,161 Member
    edited December 2022
    Options
    Debbie: So sorry that you’re having to have the extra surgery after all. At least you have time to prepare for the new year date.

Pip: Vicki: Sending healing thoughts that the ‘glitter’ does not stick around too long, and does not have any ill effects.

Heather: I also find I’m much more mellow now than I used to be. I’m sure it makes life much more pleasant for everyone.

I am planning on finishing my cards tomorrow. Most will be hand delivered, but I have a few that need to be posted off pronto.

Virtual (((hugs))) and 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻 for those who need them. Take care of yourselves.

🙋‍♀️ Miele failte to the newbies. Come back often.

💕💖💕

☘️ Terri

• barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,932 Member
    Options
    <3:'(Debbie I am so sorry to hear about the long surgery and recovery journey ahead of you. I hope you will start immediately to stock up on needed items for your home so you have what you need while you can't drive and a huge supply of reading material to entertain you

:)Heather the older I get the more comfortable I am with myself and the less I care about what others think

<3 Barbie in NW WA
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,465 Member
    Options
    Rebecca - did you see the Goonies house was for sale and actually sold to a fan who wants to keep it like it was? I saw it on FB - can't find the story right now. If I do I'll message it to you. ;)

Kim - So sorry the Christmas invite fell through. :( Hoping someone else comes up for you!

I'm trying to remember - didn't we have a discussion several years ago about going to a restaurant as a single person - not necessarily on Christmas or a holiday. And someone mentioned that restaurants often place "singles" together at a table for conversation? I just checked - looks like Applebees might be open on Christmas, at least around here. I think if I didn't have an invite and really wanted to have a nice meal, I'd look into this.

You never know who you might meet. I'd probably ask to be seated at a table with a gentleman without prison tats, lol, and start up a conversation about cleaning gutters, pruning, etc. :p

Karen in VA - my Amazon packages arrived, several of them were taped shut - having come apart along the way. Luckily the items were still in there. I've also noticed boxes arrive with the tape coming loose. What a nightmare this must be for the shipping companies.

Rosemarie - glad to see you back :)

Pip - glad Lucy is doing better and your pups are walking more. How's Kirby feeling?

Karen in OR - Welcome! I'm up the road a ways in SW WA State.

I've noticed the neighborhood doesn't have as many yard decorations as in the past. Across from me is a really cute light pole with lights wound around it as Barbie mentioned, and the house next to that has a gorgeous Christmas Tree in the front room I can see at night plus all kinds of reindeer, snowmen, etc. in the front yard. I have the perfect spot to view and appreciate their hard work.

I put up a couple wreaths and that's going to be it.

Walmart shoppers - I discovered I can find the website for my local store, and enter items I'm looking for. It will tell you if they have it in stock and what row/aisle has it. Sure has saved me a lot of time since they've rearranged everything.

Have a great week!

Lanette B)
    SW WA State

I saw that! If you're gonna buy the Goonie House then be prepared for fans! The last owner was really mean! We get the Astorian newspaper. It keeps us connected to the coast.👍🏻💖
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,465 Member
    Options
    The peanut brittle recipe is 7 minutes out of your day to make!💖
    fk8rdm1d88ay.jpg
    Enjoy!
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa

• kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,862 Member
    Options
    1 What is something that makes you laugh? My two dogs, Wicket and Brownie every day the do something to make me laugh.
    2 Something about the current season you’re grateful for. The Christmas spirit making people nicer at this time of year.
    3 What about your body do you love/are you grateful for? My hair. It is white, pretty full with lots of body. Hairdressers always comment on how they like to work with my hair. Growing it out this winter. We will see how long I leave once the heat comes back!
    4 Who is someone in your life that you’re grateful for? My children and grandchildren.
    Spoiler
    5 What is a book that changed your life? The Blooming of a Lotus by Thich Nhat Hann

6 Think about something you’re good at.
    7 What is a lesson you’re grateful you learned?
    8 A basic need that has been met.
    9 What are you most grateful for in the city/town where you live?
    10 What rejection in your life are you most grateful for?
    11 Something you use every day.
    12 Something you don’t need anymore.
    13 Refuge – space you love in your home
    14 Item of clothing
    15 Taste
    16 Touch
    17 Smell
    18 Sound
    19 Sight
    20 Texture
    21 Color
    22 A song that makes you happy.
    23 Type of weather you love.
    24 Professional who helps you.
    25 Something you take for granted.
    26 A TV show that you look forward to watching.
    27 A movie you watch over and over.
    28 An opportunity you’re grateful you had.
    29 A place you love to visit.
    30 A tool you find incredibly useful.
    31 A daily habit you’re happy you’ve cultivated.

December 1. “Spread kindness and share the December calendar with others”: Sharing on here and hope it helps someone.
    2.:Contact someone you can’t be with to see how they are: to be determined. I ended up talking to my uncle and a friend, both who live 2,000 miles away!
    3. Offer to help someone who is having
    difficulty at the moment. - I helped a mom fix her son’s bicycle.
    4. Support a charity, cause, or campaign you really care about. - I use Amazon Smile to contribute to St. Jude’s Children Hospital
    every time I buy something, including gifts
    5. Leave a positive message for someone else to find. Left a note for DH with a chocolate kiss!

RvRita
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,962 Member
    Options
    Morning ladies
    Well i took nyquil last night and slept well,woke up feeling so much better and got up and got the laundry in the dryer .and got the garbage together and folded laundry and wrapped a few presents..hey its great when you have a little bit of energy...

Nyquil is powerful! When I have a cold it's usually sinus related, so I take alka selzer plus, then a Nyquil chaser.🤗😂💖.
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa

Nyquil is great for most people but I (and my mom) are NOT most people. We have the opposite reaction- it is like have 6 cups of coffee and trying to sleep.
    Found out that Benadryl does the same thing to me. Found out the hard way that the "pm" in TylanolPM is Benadryl- was up for hours after taking that.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,563 Member
    Options
    The peanut brittle recipe is 7 minutes out of your day to make!💖
    fk8rdm1d88ay.jpg
    Enjoy!
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa

Kirby made some a couple of days ago