WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR DECEMBER 2022

Options

Replies

• TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,120 Member
    Options
    Tracey: 🥰 the stockings. You’re so talented and thoughtful.

Awake and refreshed. Ready to work on finishing my cards today. Most will be hand delivered, so no stamps required 😝 but I have a few that need to be posted off pronto.

DH is going to badminton, and then to their Christmas lunch, so I will be able to focus on the cards. He has an MRI scan scheduled at 7 pm.

Tomorrow we will do our shopping early. We are going to the Royal Yacht Club with our gardening buddies for Christmas lunch. The dining room has wonderful views over Bangor Bay.

We discussed Christmas with DED on Sunday when we visited her. She is doing Christmas Day dinner this year. We will provide the turkey. Next year DYD will be hosting.

Virtual (((hugs))) and 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻 for those who need them. Take care of yourselves.

🙋‍♀️ Miele failte to the newbies. Come back often.

💕💖💕

☘️ Terri

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,884 Member
    Options
    dlfk202000 wrote: »
    I can't ever remember if it is actifed or sudafed that keeps me up so I dont take anything, just in case.
    I need to check with the doctor about my sleep aid stuff if I can take that or if that is on the list of things to avoid for the week before surgery- he says no herbal suppliments or any of the things on a long list. Nothing that might be a blood thinner

No garlic oil capsules.
    No fish oil capsules.
    No aspirin.

M in Oz
  • Machka9
    Options
    I have all of my NB stockings finished and will be sending them off tomorrow. I took nicer pictures of them. Harley is my brother. The scene on his reminds me of him. Mom and Dad are Rodger’s parents. His Mom always had an overflowing toy box for the kids and his Dad always thought it wasn’t Christmas unless you couldn’t get near the tree. Rodger and I watch It’s a Wonderful Life every Christmas Eve as it was what his family did when he was growing up.
    Olivia is my “niece” she loves Christmas Vacation and watches it every year with her Dad. Her scene is looking into their living room bay window. I hope they all appreciate how much thought and love went into these.
    q4czttadwmkr.jpeg
    gfkkm310b4tv.jpeg
    35bq0er4agl4.jpeg
    143be5fc4sng.jpeg
    frp4njpukom2.jpeg
    l3gqdp0dguxv.jpeg
    poe0pyusfqr0.jpeg
    mk675tlmq75n.jpeg
    wcxedlyy87vh.jpeg

Very nice!

• Machka9
    Options
    auntiebk wrote: »
    Machka can you get to IRobot’s .AU and bypass the middlemen?
    https://www.irobot.com/en_AU/roomba-j7-robot-vacuum/J715020.html

Lighter, lovelies!
    Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD x8zcp1ya37k1.gif
    2022: Be still and listen.
    December: Move more, fuel better, live NOW.

This is the Australian irobot site ...
    https://www.shopirobot.com.au/roomba-robot-vacuum-cleaner/i-series.html

golbm9jih31b.png

M in Oz

• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,706 Member
    Options
    Morning ladies
    They dont do Christmas dinner- she did Thanksgiving ..they will probably go to Kyles moms house.. Dan and my ex Rich will go to Richs brother and sister in laws place.
    Tom and Elena will be in Florida..so thats fine with me ill relax with Alfie here. No worries
    I have electric heat and in Connecticut they will be doubling the rate come January 1st.so I keep the heat off in my bedroom and keep it on 62 in the living room and a sweater on Alfie
    And my electric was still 130.00 this past month.. sheesh.
    Well im up and off to the shower..
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,214 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to jump in and add my appreciation of Tracey 's wonderful Christmas stockings. So glad you've got good photos to keep. <3

DH and I are just doing our small Santa's presents this year, that we open in bed. I've got two, need a few more. I might jump on a bus and pop down to M&S in town. Their cherry dark chocolate liqueurs are much cheaper in the shop than on Amazon. Then I might buy something from the art shop around the corner. They are expensive though. I've already got him A4 watercolour paper. Other than that, I'm done. Cards will be posted today. DH will do the 3 neighbours.

Now to write!

Love Heather UK xxxxxx
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    <3
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,046 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies!

Tracey those stockings are gorgeous!

Debbie and Machka, hope the nose surgeries go well. Too bad you have to wait. And the restrictions sound dreadful, but it will only be for a short time. You might sleep through most of it. I barely remember my nasal surgery to realign my broken nose.

I would quit the stockings if I had a choice. But it makes my parents happy so that makes it worthwhile. Thanks for the suggestions! My main hobby is reading, and I'm switching to e-books. And I ride horseback. And I do dumbbells and a walking video and yoga. I cook simple dishes. And there's Teddy. And the car. But I have pretty much everything I want, except for that audible subscription that I'm debating. I will keep considering.

Hope all your Christmas preparation is going well. Have a great day,

Annie in Delaware
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,921 Member
    Options
    :)Tracey, I missed the stockings the first time around because they were in a spoiler, but after everyone raved about them, I went back and found them. They are beautiful and look like a ton of work. I sewed on a few sequins once and remember how tricky they were. Do you do new stockings every year? or this this a once in a lifetime project.?

<3 Barbie
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    Tracey and Carla ~ You are two very, very talented women. Your crafts show love and time well spent. Tracey, are all those little beads on the stockings hand sewn? I would never ever have the patience to do that. And, the designs are fantastic and show so much thought. Carla, your Christmas village also shows so much love! Enjoy!

Carol in GA
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,952 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    [quote="

Sorry to hear about the extent of your surgery.

Mine (in a week) will be similar except my Dr is going with a Bilobed flap at the same time as the removal. She says that often gives a better result because the skin used for the skin graft is pretty much the same colour as the rest of the nose whereas getting skin from elsewhere (butt, hip) may mean that the skin is different and a different colour.

I will also be doing the sleeping with my head up thing. I'll be getting a chunk out of my right hip too so I won't want to lie on that side for a while.

Get a couple different neck pillows. They help. I've got 4 in preparation for this! I had 3 from my deviated septum surgery but bought 1 more. They have different pressure points.

I won't be able to wear glasses or drive or watch TV or exercise for up to 3 weeks. No digging in my garden or cycling over Christmas! No bending forward. No lifting. No picking up our little Rhody.

But I can read and colour because I can do those things without my glasses.

And I have a lot of soups on hand because eating hurt with the biopsy!

M in Oz [/quote]

he is doing two surgeries so they can send the full thing they take off to pathalogy to make sure they got it all then go back and do the reconstruction.
    he mentioned the flap that he might do that.
    I was trying to listen and understand all of it but was very overwhelmed
    he didn't mention not wearing my glasses- will have to wait and see on that. I can see decent without them but not great

• Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,046 Member
    Options
    I finally thought of something for my stocking- nice bath soap. Something with lavender. Yay!

Yes I am eating mango smoothies with frozen mango. I thought about a mango for my stocking but I don't understand their ripeness timing. That could be a big mistake if it goes bad! I'm really kinda limited in the kitchen, although I have learned how to pan fry a tilapia filet.

I need to dye my hair today but I am procrastinating.

Annie in Delaware

• GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    Hi Gals,

4 Who is someone in your life that you’re grateful for? My best gal friend
    5 What is a book that changed your life? I love so many books and have gleaned dabs of insight from so many, I can not pick one.
    6 Think about something you’re good at. Color, I can match and combine colors well
    7 What is a lesson you’re grateful you learned?
    8 A basic need that has been met.
    9 What are you most grateful for in the city/town where you live?
    10 What rejection in your life are you most grateful for?
    11 Something you use every day.
    12 Something you don’t need anymore.
    13 Refuge – space you love in your home
    14 Item of clothing
    15 Taste
    16 Touch
    17 Smell
    18 Sound
    19 Sight
    20 Texture
    21 Color
    22 A song that makes you happy.
    23 Type of weather you love.
    24 Professional who helps you.
    25 Something you take for granted.
    26 A TV show that you look forward to watching.
    27 A movie you watch over and over.
    28 An opportunity you’re grateful you had.
    29 A place you love to visit.
    30 A tool you find incredibly useful.
    31 A daily habit you’re happy you’ve cultivated.

Ladies – thanks for the Oregon invites, but Levi and I will not be wandering that far.

I did offer Christmas Eve dinner to my only single friend, and she is waiting on some communication with her brother to see if she is available, so I told her to bring him with her…. They are working that out, so I may have plans for Christmas Eve.

I can still go to my girl friends Christmas dinner if I want but can not bring Levi. The rescinding the invitation of Levi is what threw everything into a tail spin. So it is 4 hours of driving (2 up 2 back) for dinner and a gift exchange. I would be driving home in the dark and the first hour of it on 2 lane country roads, they did offer to move dinner from 8pm to 6pm, but that still has me not getting home until after 10 pm… I am thinking about it, a lot of late driving, and who knows what the weather will be like.

Tracey the stockings are amazing!!!

Annie – we do stockings here too, and they were a challenge until we started adding things like favorite shampoo, toothpaste, lip gloss, hand cream… so things we would buy any way but getting them in the stocking instead of the grocery bag. I also add a pair of fun socks to the stockings… my goal is most of the items need to be under $5 and take up a good amount of space, and 1 or 2 items can be more of a splurge, This year my mom had cataract surgery so no longer needs prescription sun glasses, she bought a pair of ugly ones at the dollar store, and is so frugal she will not get another pair until these break. So every one including Santa is going to buy her a pair at the dollar store, so I think she should end up with 7 pair…. I think she will think it is funny.

Machka and Debbie – take care with your surgeries – sending good thoughts to doctors for great skill, and focus.

Our electric, water and gas rates are all going up on Jan 1…. I already keep the house on the cold side (63 during the day max, and off at night) It is warmer when I have a fire in the fireplace insert. I added to the ceiling insulation, would love to do the floors and walls, but the price is too much right now.. still need to finish paying for the plumbing of last month. Oh well – I should get to work!

Smiles Kim in N. California