WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR DECEMBER 2022

Options

Replies

• exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,346 Member
    Options
    Stocking stuffers: On second thought, I don't think personal care items would work for me this time. I know that if someone bought me, say, deodorant and it wasn't one that I'd use, I wouldn't be exactly thrilled. I don't know the brands Jess uses. I'll probably be able to find out when we go up there, but between now and Christmas, I'm not planning to go there. Does anyone else have any other suggestions? I don't think she'd like candy.

Michele NC
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    <3
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,046 Member
    Options
    Michele I bought my mom a pair of nail scissors and a pair of hair scissors for her stocking.

Annie in Delaware
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,884 Member
    Options
    exermom wrote: »
    Stocking stuffers: On second thought, I don't think personal care items would work for me this time. I know that if someone bought me, say, deodorant and it wasn't one that I'd use, I wouldn't be exactly thrilled. I don't know the brands Jess uses. I'll probably be able to find out when we go up there, but between now and Christmas, I'm not planning to go there. Does anyone else have any other suggestions? I don't think she'd like candy.

Michele NC

I wouldn't get anything that personal. But a shower gel set might be nice or bath bombs or handmade soaps from a local craft market or similar might work.

M in Oz
  • teklawa1
    teklawa1 Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    <3
    Betsy back in NW WA
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,826 Member
    Options
    <3
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,550 Member
    Options
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,214 Member
    Options
    Barbie - Your blanket is gorgeous, and the recipient looks super happy. :D Lovely stitch. You can make me one in grey with pink stripes. Thank you so much. :laugh:

Going to make pigs cheeks in cider tonight. DH is going to the dentist this afternoon and they will be nice and soft for him.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,117 Member
    Options
    💕
  • Machka9
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    If you're interested in the Action for Happiness Calendar ...
    Do Good December
    This month, we're encouraging you to carry out small acts of kindness.

Or we could post something we're thankful for, or happy about, related to the holiday season.

December 1 - I love the Christmas music. :) Come December 1, that's almost all I play. Christmas music or classical music (when I have to think at work or when we're in the car).

December 2 - Christmas decorations! We're lagging behind a bit because I usually like to decorate on December 1. But we got the decorations upstairs on Dec 2. Today I'll rearrange furniture and make a start.

December 3 - Summer. My favourite season. And we are finally having a few days of decent weather after a very wild and woolly spring. That's not saying the good weather will last (thanks La Nina) but there should be more of it.

December 4 - Memories. So many of the Christmas songs and traditions remind me of my parents and grandparents and happy Christmases with them.

December 5 - Christmas Displays. I like how many of the shops have Christmas Displays, and some are quite detailed and intricate.

December 6 - Greetings. People smiling and wishing each other Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays.

December 7 - Shortbread. So much delicious shortbread!

:heart:

Just saw your post, Barbara ...

:heart:
    auntiebk wrote: »
    Aha, finally found a December daily gratitude calendar.
    https://www.spacewiseorganizing.com/december-gratitude-challenge/
    “This time of year, there’s a lot of pressure to think about what we want instead of what we have. Every day for the month of December, celebrate what you’re grateful for corresponding to the theme of the day. Snap a photo or update your status on IG or FB with #spaceforgratitude”
    1sa7taue9pwm.png

1 What is something that makes you laugh? Rhody! We're so very glad we got our little COVID Cat!

2 Something about the current season you’re grateful for. Rest. There will be a lot of rest over Christmas.

3 What about your body do you love/are you grateful for? I like my nose and want to keep it. But my official answer will be legs - for transport (walking) and recreation (cycling).

4 Who is someone in your life that you’re grateful for? I've said husband and parents last month, and that's true, but this month I'll say ... my manager. She has been supportive and encouraging regarding my input into my job.

5 What is a book that changed your life? The Bible. :) With the Christmas season in mind, I'm reading the gospel of Luke now.

6 Think about something you’re good at. I think I'm good at planning and organisation.

7 What is a lesson you’re grateful you learned? To speak up. To say my piece.

When I was young, up till about 17-ish, I was quiet and shy. Then I went through a bolder phase from about 17 into my early 20s. Then the quiet shyness resumed for the most part until my husband's accident. And then the bold me reappeared!

Where I once guessed what people might be thinking and thought my answers, now I'm vocal and even told I'm quite blunt. :smiley:

8 A basic need that has been met.
    9 What are you most grateful for in the city/town where you live?
    10 What rejection in your life are you most grateful for?
    11 Something you use every day.
    12 Something you don’t need anymore.
    13 Refuge – space you love in your home
    14 Item of clothing
    15 Taste
    16 Touch
    17 Smell
    18 Sound
    19 Sight
    20 Texture
    21 Color
    22 A song that makes you happy.
    23 Type of weather you love.
    24 Professional who helps you.
    25 Something you take for granted.
    26 A TV show that you look forward to watching.
    27 A movie you watch over and over.
    28 An opportunity you’re grateful you had.
    29 A place you love to visit.
    30 A tool you find incredibly useful.
    31 A daily habit you’re happy you’ve cultivated.

Machka in Oz

• Machka9
    Options
    Tracey! I just joined that group. Can't wait to see what's there. Those stockings are beautiful.

HERE IT IS!!!

6 Think about something you’re good at. Putting together my village!
    Love and Blessings, Carla, in MN
    nc6rvycb4ya8.png
    z0os27r4fyyb.png

WOW!
  • Machka9
    Options
    Good morning ladies!

Debbie and Machka, hope the nose surgeries go well. Too bad you have to wait. And the restrictions sound dreadful, but it will only be for a short time. You might sleep through most of it. I barely remember my nasal surgery to realign my broken nose.

Annie in Delaware

I was fully out for my deviated septum correction in 2020, but for this, I'll be awake.

It'll be a local.

However, I'm planning to take something to help me relax a little bit before I go in ... but not too much. I've got to get my husband and me home after!

M in Oz

• Machka9
    Options
    barbiecat wrote: »
    mu6jym1sqcyv.jpg
    :) This is my latest knitting project--a blanket for great granddaughter in Ohio. The next project is a similar blanket for her sister. Each girl chose her colors. It's the same pattern as the ones I knit for Project Linus

<3 Barbie in NW WA

Very nice!
  • Machka9
    Options
    Machka and Debbie - I’m so sorry you are both going through this. My cousin just went through it in 2020 and 2021.
    I am quite literally blind without my glasses. I would be in real trouble.

Tracey in Edmonton

I can see very clearly without my glasses to about 1 foot away from my face. So I can read, colour, and do other close work.

From 1 foot to infinity, everything is thoroughly blurry.

M in Oz

• Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited December 2022
    Options
    I went shopping with DD yesterday. I bought a few things for my new apartment. Getting items for a single apartment was interesting. I hope to spend time with DH at meal times. He is working hard at improving his health. I hope this works to encourage DH. I have no idea what I will be doing.

I have liked our current apartment, but DH needs help in order to improve his health. He was moved to a nursing facility and is improving his health. I will be in an individual apartment in a section for women. I am uncomfortable about the logistics of this plan and the extra cost for me to be there. I will give it a try.
  • Machka9
    Options
    This should make doing those Christmas cards and newsletters a little easier ...

9d79ylmtt2nj.png
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,830 Member
    Options
    <3