WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR DECEMBER 2022

Options

Replies

• Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,046 Member
    Options
    Oh boy, lots of Covid going around! Hope you all take care and feel better!

My date wants to discuss soccer. So far I've managed to say that Morocco has an awesome defense, after reading the NPR article. I may have to study a bit more. I think of myself as up on current events, but with a glaring hole for sports. Oh well, I can be impressed with his knowledge.

I did my dumbbells again. Twenty reps. Yay!

Annie in Delaware

• skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,827 Member
    Options
    <3
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,885 Member
    Options
    Just popping in to say that I had six months scans today, CT and bone, and "stable, no progression." The rib lesion is no longer visible at all. C7 and T9 are still there, but T9 is now less than a quarter inch in diameter. No measurement available for C7. I should be able to sleep well tonight. I do not sleep well in the days leading up to scans.

Flea
    Willamette Valley OR

That's great news!
  • Machka9
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    If you're interested in the Action for Happiness Calendar ...
    Do Good December
    This month, we're encouraging you to carry out small acts of kindness.

Or we could post something we're thankful for, or happy about, related to the holiday season.

December 1 - I love the Christmas music. :) Come December 1, that's almost all I play. Christmas music or classical music (when I have to think at work or when we're in the car).

December 2 - Christmas decorations! We're lagging behind a bit because I usually like to decorate on December 1. But we got the decorations upstairs on Dec 2. Today I'll rearrange furniture and make a start.

December 3 - Summer. My favourite season. And we are finally having a few days of decent weather after a very wild and woolly spring. That's not saying the good weather will last (thanks La Nina) but there should be more of it.

December 4 - Memories. So many of the Christmas songs and traditions remind me of my parents and grandparents and happy Christmases with them.

December 5 - Christmas Displays. I like how many of the shops have Christmas Displays, and some are quite detailed and intricate.

December 6 - Greetings. People smiling and wishing each other Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays.

December 7 - Shortbread. So much delicious shortbread!

December 8 - Family. Christmas seems to bring us together a bit more.

December 8 - Trees. All over the world, millions of people are putting up trees in their houses and work places and decorating them. :)

:heart:

Just saw your post, Barbara ...

:heart:
    auntiebk wrote: »
    Aha, finally found a December daily gratitude calendar.
    https://www.spacewiseorganizing.com/december-gratitude-challenge/
    “This time of year, there’s a lot of pressure to think about what we want instead of what we have. Every day for the month of December, celebrate what you’re grateful for corresponding to the theme of the day. Snap a photo or update your status on IG or FB with #spaceforgratitude”
    1sa7taue9pwm.png

1 What is something that makes you laugh? Rhody! We're so very glad we got our little COVID Cat!

2 Something about the current season you’re grateful for. Rest. There will be a lot of rest over Christmas.

3 What about your body do you love/are you grateful for? I like my nose and want to keep it. But my official answer will be legs - for transport (walking) and recreation (cycling).

4 Who is someone in your life that you’re grateful for? I've said husband and parents last month, and that's true, but this month I'll say ... my manager. She has been supportive and encouraging regarding my input into my job.

5 What is a book that changed your life? The Bible. :) With the Christmas season in mind, I'm reading the gospel of Luke now.

6 Think about something you’re good at. I think I'm good at planning and organisation.

7 What is a lesson you’re grateful you learned? To speak up. To say my piece.

When I was young, up till about 17-ish, I was quiet and shy. Then I went through a bolder phase from about 17 into my early 20s. Then the quiet shyness resumed for the most part until my husband's accident. And then the bold me reappeared!

Where I once guessed what people might be thinking and thought my answers, now I'm vocal and even told I'm quite blunt. :smiley:

8 A basic need that has been met. Shelter. I'm very thankful for our particular shelter.

9 What are you most grateful for in the city/town where you live? The proximity to both mountains and beaches. :)

10 What rejection in your life are you most grateful for?
    11 Something you use every day.
    12 Something you don’t need anymore.
    13 Refuge – space you love in your home
    14 Item of clothing
    15 Taste
    16 Touch
    17 Smell
    18 Sound
    19 Sight
    20 Texture
    21 Color
    22 A song that makes you happy.
    23 Type of weather you love.
    24 Professional who helps you.
    25 Something you take for granted.
    26 A TV show that you look forward to watching.
    27 A movie you watch over and over.
    28 An opportunity you’re grateful you had.
    29 A place you love to visit.
    30 A tool you find incredibly useful.
    31 A daily habit you’re happy you’ve cultivated.

Machka in Oz
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,216 Member
    Options
    Had hardly any sleep last night because I woke up at 1.15, went upstairs to read, and was still reading at 5.30. Oooops! ;)
    It is really freezing out there, heavy frost, so I will try to catch up a bit on sleep this morning and go to the shops this afternoon.
    Then lightish dinner and my son is picking us up to babysit. <3

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options
    8 A basic need that has been met. Shelter. The wind and the rain, and the homeless in tents along the highway, remind me how blessed we are to have our little cottage in the woods above the sea.

Barbie, Ditto what you and Kim said to Debbie.
    Debbie (and Machka) thinking of and praying for you today. The most excellent surgeon who treated my last 3 skin cancers is retiring so sent my records. Scanning them the truly horrific photos of chin, nose then scalp totally turned my stomach (not necessarily a bad thing ;} ) Grisly pre-surgery pics:
    kdobkxxnj5f1.jpg
    gph5vefeigmh.jpgcvpchmr1iby1.jpg
    Don’t have pics from right after surgery but looked worse with stitches, dried blood, bruising and bandages. This is to let you know it all came out ok.1y9lvoyj6le4.jpeg
    Courragia and ((hugs))
    Flea thanks for the good news update. Safe travels and enjoy Belize!
    Heather that all sounds delish’ except for the squid :sick: Mouthwatering menu, all the lamb options would ltempt me but I’d absolutely have to try the Khoreshte Fessenjan.
    Gorgeous dancer and :Love: Johnny long legs.
    Allie thanks for that quick pick me up. Made me smile! So, you got your generous and kind heart honestly from your mom. :love:
    Lanette, for me, it’s easiest to learn dances to songs that I like. Was going to suggest Copperknob.uk (it lets you search by song, then has stepsheets and usually links to YouTube videos demoing and teaching the dance) but I see Barbie beat me to it. Most important is to keep smiling and moving, even when you turn to your “other left” by mistake.
    Teri so sorry to hear your DH got the plague. Thought you had a procedure scheduled for earlier this month, must have missed it if you updated us. Hope all went well and you are completely recovered.
    Annie, hope your date can find a topic of conversation you both can enjoy.
    Tracey can see the strong family resemblance in that pic of your father. ((hugs))
    Mary so sorry for your disappointment.

Shift change, Joe’s up and now I’m sleepy.

[/spoiler]
    Done:
    12/8: Move: 2.2 sets pt, dogs to powerline, Jeopardy walking. active mins:271 steps:8242
    Fuel: plants running count for week so far=5: kashi, radishes, romaine, tangerines, tea. CI<CO=230
    Live: Joe, readings, BP, massage, Grocery Outlet, dog games. Wt: 137.5
    12/7: Move: 0 sets PT, frosty walks with Joe and the dogs, line dance class, bottle drop, Jeopardy walking. active mins:223 steps:8369
    Fuel: plants running count for week=29 (avocado, beans-garbanzo, beans-pinto, broccoli stalk, carrots-rainbow, cauliflower, celery, chickpea hummus, cocoa, corn, cucumber-English, oats, olive oil, onions, peanut butter,peas-wasabi, peppers-orange, peppers-red, popcorn, radish, raisins, romaine, scallions, soy patty, tangerines, tea, tomato sauce, walnuts, wheat-macaroni+lasagna) CI<CO=616
    Live: Joe, readings, BP, Wt:137.3

Lighter, lovelies!
    Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD x8zcp1ya37k1.gif
    2022: Be still and listen.
    December: Move more, fuel better, live NOW.
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,216 Member
    edited December 2022
    Options
    Barbara - I have actually made that dish at home! It was a lot of work and takes ages to cook, but it is worth it. You've reminded me that I might make it again! Incredibly rich. Not as much work as the pistachio soup I made once. Never again! It was delicious, but took for ever getting the husk off the pistachios. :#
    It might seem a bit boring to always have the Baktiari kebab, but it is soooooo delicious! My son likes the lamb chops. I don't know who supplies their lamb, but it is so tender.
    I also like the atmosphere there and the extremely professional service. When there is a birthday table, which is often, they turn down the lights, bring in a fountain candle, and play a Persian Happy Birthday song. Everyone claps along. :p

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • Machka9
    edited December 2022
    Options
    I’m going to get Mom this afternoon to have our cookie making extravaganza. I feel much more organized and less overwhelmed knowing that we are make so many less this year. NO comments please.
    Smiles Kim in N. California

Have fun! :)

• Machka9
    Options
    auntiebk wrote: »
    Barbie, Ditto what you and Kim said to Debbie.
    Debbie (and Machka) thinking of and praying for you today. The most excellent surgeon who treated my last 3 skin cancers is retiring so sent my records. Scanning them the truly horrific photos of chin, nose then scalp totally turned my stomach (not necessarily a bad thing ;} ) Grisly pre-surgery pics:
    kdobkxxnj5f1.jpg
    gph5vefeigmh.jpgcvpchmr1iby1.jpg
    Don’t have pics from right after surgery but looked worse with stitches, dried blood, bruising and bandages. This is to let you know it all came out ok.1y9lvoyj6le4.jpeg
    Courragia and ((hugs))

Thank you ... and it did come out very much all right for you. :)

Machka in Oz

• minicooper452
    minicooper452 Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    9 What are you most grateful for in the city/town where you live? small town enough, but close to the city
    Love and Blessings, Carla, in MN
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,046 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies!

Machka you have done an outstanding job taking care of your DH. You deserve all the credit!

Pip no exercise? You must be feeling poorly. Hope the illness goes by fast.

My sister has a terrible ear infection. Her eardrum has a hole. She tried to go back to work yesterday but was exhausted.

Annie in Delaware
  • 200Karen
    200Karen Posts: 1,778 Member
    edited December 2022
    Options
    Winter advisory for the afternoon
    So a few errands to stock pantry and delivering care package to friend.

Yesterday, I enjoyed two Senior Center exercise classes PiYo & chair yoga. Planning a repeat next week

Prayers & Hugs
    ❤️ Karen from Oregon
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    :)<3:)