WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JANUARY 2023

Replies

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,817 Member
    Evening ladies
    Well I accomplished a miracle, I did pick up some stuff in the living room and i brought a basket of things to my friend Trudy .she is going to Antarctica at the end of the month.. i gave her a puffer jacket a telescope lens for her phone,binoculars ,headphones.. she wanted me to go on the trip with her..but was just to much money ..
    I did get the invite to my cousin's wedding in Tennessee for March..
    We shall see..

To work in Antarctic or for leisure?

The Antarctic headquarters is closed to where we live and I keep toying with the idea of seeing if I could go on one of their short-term work placements.

M in Oz
  • Machka9
    I feel bad for Tracy... there electric bill was 500.00 this past month.

Per month, or quarter?

• Machka9
    edited January 2023
    dlfk202000 wrote: »
    Hello ladies!! I just joined today and I am looking forward getting to know you all in 2023! I'm 57 and finding my self esteem going downhill and also my motivation. I have had several skin cancer surgeries with the most recent on my neck and the scar is very big and ugly at this point. I am on a journey of finding peace from within and living my life being present in all things. Knowing that "All truly is Well" no matter what trial I may have to face. I want to feel good about myself no matter what my physical body may look like but also take care of myself to the best of my ability as well. Finding support and being accountable seem like 2 good steps. It is a "Journey" I know. Hopefully with some new friends along the way.

My word for this year will be "Presence" I hope to find the peace I am looking for
    Wishing you ALL the best in this New Year of 2023
    Much Love!!
    Ang in Utah

Welcome Ang.
    This is a great group of ladies.
    I (and another lady here) had melanoma removed three weeks ago. Both of us had it on our noses. The procedures were a little different but we are both healing. Mine, they took the graft from my neck so I too have the big scar on my neck right now. Take it easy and let your body heal.

Debbie
    Napa Valley, Ca

The other lady would be me. One on my nose and one on my hip. I'm still wearing a bandage on my hip and will until the end of the month.

A couple weeks ago:
    qve6s22o8gen.png

Machka in Oz
  • Machka9
    Machka9 wrote: »
    Evening ladies
    Well I accomplished a miracle, I did pick up some stuff in the living room and i brought a basket of things to my friend Trudy .she is going to Antarctica at the end of the month.. i gave her a puffer jacket a telescope lens for her phone,binoculars ,headphones.. she wanted me to go on the trip with her..but was just to much money ..
    I did get the invite to my cousin's wedding in Tennessee for March..
    We shall see..

To work in Antarctic or for leisure?

The Antarctic headquarters is closed to where we live and I keep toying with the idea of seeing if I could go on one of their short-term work placements.

M in Oz

The jobs are open! We can start applying. :)
    https://jobs.antarctica.gov.au/jobs-in-antarctica/

I would probably apply for something in the telecommunications area like the Information Technology Officer. :)

Machka in a part of Australia that's not too far from Antarctica.
  • Machka9
    200 Things to Throw Away ...
    https://embracinghomemaking.net/2015/04/200-things-to-throw-away/

If you still have any of that stuff lurking around the place!!

M in Oz
  • Machka9
    I glanced over the title of this group:.women over 50...and keep forgetting that I'm over 50. Haha. Aside from being tired, I never thought about it My 50th birthday was at the beginning of the pandemic and was a non-event, perhaps that helped. This year I really do plan on getting to that elusive *reasonable* goal weight that seems to have escaped for all but one of the past 30 years. Continuing to work, taking a trip to Everest(!). I picked up rowing last year after just trying out a rower in a gym. Now it's my favorite exercise (Concept2 rower). My arms are stronger, my abs look better and I feel better overall. Happy 2023 to everyone!

I also like my Concept2 rower, but I haven't used it in a little while.

Machka in Oz
  • Machka9
    edited January 2023
    1 Sit in silence for three minutes... it's harder than you think. Does silently working in the garden count? Done! I sat silently for 7 minutes and prayed.

2 List 5 things using each of your senses. Right now? I can see my Christmas decorations, I can hear Christmas songs, I can taste my coffee, I can smell my coffee, and I can feel a comfortable temperature in the room.

3 Let go of at least 5 items in your house. I'm not in a downsizing or reducing mode so I've taken some lunch things to work, I will take an item to be mailed and another to be given to the people at work.

4 What was your favorite Christmas gift? (this year or ever). I can't tell you what my favourite Christmas gift this year is yet. It's a secret.
    5 Move for at least 30 minutes today
    6 Share a goal you achieved last year
    7 Slow down and savor one meal today
    8 Who was your favorite teacher
    9 Create something today
    10 What is your favorite lyric from a song
    11 Send a card/note to someone today
    12 What are you looking forward to in 2023?
    13 Tell a random person they look "good" today
    14 Tell us three amazing things that happened recently (you decide what "recently" means...lol)
    15 Call or text someone you haven't talked to in at least a week
    16 What made you smile today
    17 Take a photo of something you're grateful for
    18 What material comforts are you most thankful for? You can make your list as long as you like...
    19 Write a positive review for a company for goods or services you've received recently
    20 Write down five things you like about yourself
    21 Pay it forward in some way
    22 What do you most desire in your life right now?
    23 Go an entire day without complaining
    24 What about you makes you special?
    25 Spend time with a loved one
    26 When was the last time you felt pure joy?
    27 Hold the door for a stranger... or a friend
    28 What fear have you overcome?
    29 Engage in a random act of kindness of your own choice
    30 When was the last time you laughed so hard you almost peed?
    31 Now try to "meditate" (sit in silence) for ten minutes...

Machka in Oz
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,600 Member
    Good Morning!
    I actually slept 7.5 hours! Of course that means we didn't get up on time- oops! Not late, just later. All is good, DH a little grumpy though. Funny thing is we didn't use to get up until 7 (we have to be at work before 9), then I started getting up at 6:30 for some "me" time. Then he started getting up at 6:30. So I started getting up at 6, then so did he........Wicked circle. He is noisy in the morning. TV goes on immediately. No TV this morning :) but he just turned on the radio. Oh, well...... I got 7.5 hrs! So excited! Some days it is the little things!

Tracey I love your in law story! My DH is the jealous type. It drives me crazy. Last time the jealous monster appeared I just told him that if I wanted anyone else I wouldn't have waited 15 yrs to marry his pain in the *kitten* self! That seemed to cool his jets a little. I wish I had had in laws like yours. Though I reckon his Mom would have been the same if the situation came up.

Heather UK Nice! It took me years to start coloring again because I still hear my mother's voice telling me how to do it!

Allie Prayers for your daughter and SIL and their family. There is a LOT of stress going on there. Our electric rates have doubled also this year. It hasn't hit us yet as we were under contract. But it will get there. It sucks when it comes with no warning and people haven't budgeted for it especially just before winter.

Machka Yes, that is for a month. Craziness!

I had better get off here and get dressed for work. I think the folks might get offended if I went in my birthday suit >:)

Much love, prayers, and hugs for all!
    Remember one step at a time!

Kylia in Ohio with one more day of springlike weather
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,904 Member
    New here on this forum. Will be "coming of age" this year so thought I would join you lovely people 😊

:) Welcome. It helps me to come here every morning and read while I eat my breakfast. It puts me in the right mind set for the day.

<3 Barbie in NW WA
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,827 Member
    Machka9 wrote: »
    1 Sit in silence for three minutes... it's harder than you think. Done

2 List 5 things using each of your senses. Currently: The sound of crickets from the boys sound machine in their bedroom, the smell of grass and fresh air from the open window, the blue/white glow of my laptop screen in the dark dining area, the taste of coffee, the scritchy feel of a tag on my shirt (that I will be changing out of soon)

3 Let go of at least 5 items in your house. I am not home right now, but my linen closet is going to take a BIG hit when I get home.

4 What was your favorite Christmas gift? (this year or ever). Not counting my youngest son being born on Christmas Eve; I would say a leatherbound copy of The Hobbit from my youngest son. It is not my favorite book, but it was the fact that he gave me a book. This is the first book I have received as a gift, since childhood. It is the thoughtfulness behind it.
    5 Move for at least 30 minutes today
    6 Share a goal you achieved last year
    7 Slow down and savor one meal today
    8 Who was your favorite teacher
    9 Create something today
    10 What is your favorite lyric from a song
    11 Send a card/note to someone today
    12 What are you looking forward to in 2023?
    13 Tell a random person they look "good" today
    14 Tell us three amazing things that happened recently (you decide what "recently" means...lol)
    15 Call or text someone you haven't talked to in at least a week
    16 What made you smile today
    17 Take a photo of something you're grateful for
    18 What material comforts are you most thankful for? You can make your list as long as you like...
    19 Write a positive review for a company for goods or services you've received recently
    20 Write down five things you like about yourself
    21 Pay it forward in some way
    22 What do you most desire in your life right now?
    23 Go an entire day without complaining
    24 What about you makes you special?
    25 Spend time with a loved one
    26 When was the last time you felt pure joy?
    27 Hold the door for a stranger... or a friend
    28 What fear have you overcome?
    29 Engage in a random act of kindness of your own choice
    30 When was the last time you laughed so hard you almost peed?
    Karen VA- Congrats on that beautiful baby!

Speaking of which, baby just handed to me. ttfn KJ
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,678 Member
    Morning ladies
    That 500.00 was just for December, as of January 2st it now doubles
    Things have gotten worse and neither Kyle nor Carmine care about anyone but themselves when it comes to feelings
    Kyle wants Carmine out of the house..at least for awhile and Tracy wants family counseling which isn't covered by Kyles insurance
    I told her to contact 211 and give them information to see what she can get..I will help with Miles..
    I just hope they work this all out.. ugh...with Miles Birthday coming up Saterday...
  • minicooper452
    minicooper452 Posts: 615 Member
    OH MY Pip... that made me laugh! I'm sure you weren't laughing at the time, but whatever it takes.

Levi certainly is a handsome dude, Lisa! Those eyes will melt ya!

Congrats Karen!

So glad DH is coming home Katla.

IDK about that, Tracey, cuz we had some major big flakes yesterday and we got LOTS of snow. We got about 8" yesterday and we're expecting another 4-6" today.

Kylia, that is THE sweetest story... it reminds me of the Raggedy Ann and Andy dolls that my Great Aunt made me. I wanted them so much and had never had them, but I was 13! Far too "old" for those dolls, but she made them anyway, bc I was her favorite and I wanted them. Thank you so much for reminding me of that.

Got rid of a BUNCHA old spatulas and tongs and just STUFF that we don't use anymore yesterday... YAY!
    4 What was your favorite Christmas gift? (this year or ever)... EVER, my Chrissy doll, the ones years ago that had the red hair that pulled out and went back in. My mom made her loads of extra clothes. OMG, I loved her!
    Love and Blessings, Carla, in MN
    I really, REALLY like this gratitude thing, so I grabbed a boatload of these lists and I tweaked it big time! So I'm going to keep it going... myself. One day you're doing, or NOT doing... like the 1st, the next day you're thinking/reflecting.
    1 Sit in silence for three minutes... it's harder than you think
    My three minutes turned into five and then almost ten... it was so relaxing. But then Mom was really into transcendental meditation when we were kids and taught us all how to do it. I've missed that. We were all able to slow our heartbeats WAY down. I've used that so many times in the last several years in all sorts of meaningful ways! LOL Think I need to add this to my daily prayers every morning again.
    2 List 5 things using each of your senses… hoar frost on my trees, that beeper that we can’t find that keeps going off, morning coffee that tastes sooooo good, tapping the computer keys, congested(lol)
    3 Let go of at least 5 items in your house... cleaning out a couple of our kitchen drawers today. Wish me luck! Got rid of a BUNCHA old spatulas and tongs and just STUFF that we don't use anymore... YAY!
    4 What was your favorite Christmas gift? (this year or ever)... EVER, my Chrissy doll, the ones years ago that had the red hair that pulled out and went back in. My mom made her loads of extra clothes. OMG, I loved her!
    5 Move for at least 30 minutes today...
    6 Share a goal you achieved last year...
    7 Slow down and savor one meal today...
    8 Who was your favorite teacher...
    9 Create something today...
    10 What is your favorite lyric from a song...
    11 Send a card/note to someone today...
    12 What are you looking forward to in 2023?...
    13 Tell a random person they look "good" today...
    14 Tell us three amazing things that happened recently (you decide what "recently" means...lol)...
    15 Call or text someone you haven't talked to in at least a week...
    16 What made you smile today...
    17 Take a photo of something you're grateful for...
    19 Write a positive review for a company for goods or services you've received recently...
    20 Write down five things you like about yourself...
    21 Pay it forward in some way...
    22 What do you most desire in your life right now?...
    23 Go an entire day without complaining...
    24 What about you makes you special?...
    25 Spend time with a loved one...
    26 When was the last time you felt pure joy?...
    27 Hold the door for a stranger... or a friend...
    28 What fear have you overcome?...
    29 Engage in a random act of kindness of your own choice...
    30 When was the last time you laughed so hard you almost peed?...
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,631 Member
    :)