WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JANUARY 2023

Options

Replies

• Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,046 Member
    Options
    Lanette
    You could call my dumbbell routine "lite" strength training. I use four pound dumbbells and two pound ankle weights. I lift them in various directions, currently twenty reps, which isn't much at that weight. I was doing forty reps last year ...(sigh).

I was breathing a little fast just climbing the stairs today, so I really ought to do more of that. Just got done horseback riding, and that went well.

Annie in Delaware
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    😊
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,123 Member
    Options

Rita: “Miele failte” Is Irish for ‘a thousand welcomes’ lol

Virtual (((hugs))) and 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻 for those who need them.

🙋‍♀️ Miele failte to the newbies.

☘️ Terri

• dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,953 Member
    Options
    Another storm is starting to hit us now. Huge one hit last night. No damage for us but a friend from high school posted these pictures of her house and barn. Said if she had been sleeping or doing her crafts in the barn at the time, she wouldn't be typing today. She lives north of us, in Mendocino County, north of Booneville.
    ix5w1wmxoart.png
    6p0wtrfyzn2a.png

Mom will be fine during all these storms. She may get stranded at home but she is well prepared. Doesn't mind just hanging out at home. This happens most winters. Some are just worse than others. Usually there are three ways for her to get into town- Windsor to the south, Geyserville to the north or straight into town. Some times there are options, other times, just sit and wait for the water to go down.
    She has a creek in the back of her property but far from the house. Just hope it doesn't go over the well. If it does, she knows how to treat it when the water goes back down. Been out on that property for almost 50 yrs now.

They are saying another two weeks of rain. Hopefully we get some breaks in between.
    We really do need the rain and at least for now, I don't have to go out in it much(we did go out and do a little shopping, our usual on Thursday beings I am off and he gets paid and has to pick up his check)
    Got one pair of rainboots out and will pull my other ones out this evening.(one pair is not as waterproof as they should be but they are fleece lined)

May be getting two more cats temporarily- son's girlfriend and her family have to move out of their old place today and the new one that her brother is buying isn't ready yet. Not sure how it will go having two more(possible three but the third may be an outside cat(didn't know she had a third, we already took two of her's last time she moved. One is inside, for now but her brother is outside because he wouldn't stop peeing on everything, especially my side of the bed). Son said he will keep her two cats in his room. We will see how that works out.

Went to Walmart- haven't been there in months. DH needed something there. Hit the Christmas clearance. Love that they add all the snowflakes/winter stuff to it- 75% off. Got some cute craft supplies to keep my daycare girl busy. Winter is far from over so I have time to use them up before we switch to spring. Got some at 99cent store too.

Debbie
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,826 Member
    Options
    Katla - you will miss watching the river and its critters but this sounds like a good option.

Lanette - I do some strength and balance training suggested by my PT. I use 3 pound hand weights and a 10 pound kettle bell. Also some are just body weight.

Lisa - glad Bella made it home.

Michelle - NuStep is a recumbent stepper. It is used a lot in rehab in the midwest. I have not seen a single one out here in the PNW but used one in Sioux Falls to rehab both knees. It is also used there for pulmonary and cardiac rehab.

Everyone take care, Sue in WA
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,552 Member
    Options
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,457 Member
    Options
    Today's feast:
    Wilted spinach, cottage cheese, onions and mushrooms sauted, in a nice marinara sauce with diced tomatoes, some cut up meatballs, and cheesy ravioli. It was delightful. Dessert was sugar free dark chocolate, a sugarfree coconut chocolate piece, prunes and a fig Newton with coffee. Very satisfied.
    241q8eabxy6b.jpeg
    4ojuirrxbovc.jpeg
    My son sent photos that his wife got a crested baby gecko lizard. So they have quite a menagerie of dogs, fish, snails, shrimp and a lizard. Oh and Athena!😂💖
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    <3
  • suebdew
    suebdew Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    Lisa - so glad Bella showed up. I know it 3was a relief to you.
    Katla- so glad you and your dh are located in the same building and you can see him more often.
    I love all the baby and grand baby pictures
    Eyes are blurry so have to quit.
    SueBDew in TX
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,752 Member
    edited January 2023
    Options

bwcetc wrote: »
    Gray and miserable weather here today. Ran some errands. Paid some bills ... with checks Machka... otherwise told to use a credit card??? We're having leftovers for dinner which no one is too excited about. I'll be in bed early.

Beth near Buffalo

No direct deposit or online bill payment options?

M in Oz[/quote]
    Machka
    Nope!
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,046 Member
    Options
    Ginny sorry to hear about the scleritis. Hope it passes quickly!

Pip glad your dog family is doing so well. You take good care of them!

I did my dumbbells Yay! And I ate well today. Yay! And little Teddy is recuperating from having his teeth pulled. We are listening to the rain together.

Tomorrow is a busy day- groceries, tea with my aunt, call the insurance for my dad, and pay a bill that I keep forgetting. I better set some reminders. That's the only way I can keep up.

Annie in Delaware
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,552 Member
    Options
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,826 Member
    Options
    <3