WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JANUARY 2023

Options

Replies

• exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,343 Member
    Options
    My lower backside on the right is bothering me. This happened before and it was my sciatic nerve being inflamed. The MD gave me prednisone and it went away. This feels EXACTLY the same. Only the MD office is only open from 8 to 10:30 tomorrow. I'm trying using a heating pad. If I can make it to Mon I'll go and explain that I'm 99.99999% sure it's sciatic.

Michele NC
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,740 Member
    Options
    Terri and Heather - your workout routines are impressive. I need to get strict with myself again. I’m so exhausted after work I struggle.

Heather - Your family’s new view is breathtaking.

Kylia - you and your daughter look alike. Beautiful smiles.

Debbie - I hope that you and your husband are able to work things out if that’s what you want and he’s willing to make some changes in how he treats you.

Beth - “I want yo grow up to be like Heather”. I know exactly what you mean. There are quite a few ladies on here that I want to grow up to be.

Rita and - when it comes to FB drama, I think of it like a soap opera, something I can see and watch but not really have a say in how it turns out.
    I have hidden a few from my feed for a time, but I have never blocked anyone.

Carol - I truly believe if more people were open with their struggles in anything, marriages, parenting, financially whatever it is. It helps both the person hearing it and the person telling it.

Rebecca -your sister’s class did a great job, they must have had a great teacher.

Carla - I’ve used it as a table more often than not since we’ve been married. Dad fixed the lid for me and reinforced it once because I had put too much in it, just enough it hadn’t closed tightly and one of my girls climbed on it. I have a coffee and end table set that Dad built for me. Unfortunately it’s too big for our living room. We have decided that we are going to cut them down so that we have the trim work and make shelves out of them.
    I get joy out of having treasured items out to be used.

You have to tell me your trick to not spend money you don’t have. I need to make that a goal.

Lisa - great letter! I think more people need to do things like that with these big businesses.

Michele - I don’t know if you can do that technique with glazes or not. I really don’t like working with glazes so have only completed two projects.

Terri - one of the saddest days of the year for me is the day Christmas comes down.

Well I made it through the week! It was busy after being off and needing to get a lot completed for the new payroll year.

I recorded an ABC Special called Our Barbara. It was obviously made in preparation for her death, what a remarkable woman she was.
    I don’t watch The View but I have it set up to record on Tuesday as it is going to be dedicated to her.

It’s amazing to me every single time that one of these women icons (I think that’s a good word) pass is that the trailblazing and fighting they did for women and how they were treated happened in my lifetime.

Tracey in Edmonton
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited January 2023
    Options
    <3
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,822 Member
    Options
    <3
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,208 Member
    edited January 2023
    Options
    Great letter, Lisa! We have had great success with similar letters to CEOs. DH enjoys writing them and they often bear fruit. We got our very expensive elliptical through such a letter, delivered the next day, by two guys in a Land-rover, and put together for us. Plus £1,000 off the price!
    It's always worth a try!
    We had a similar experience with our telecoms company.

As for the British food, I would move most of the bottom tier up to the top! :p Love offal! For our NYE treat DH cooked Lancashire Hotpot with kidneys and black pudding. Yummo! You all know I love haggis! Scotch egg and Pork pie are regular favourites. Very calorific! The least favourite for me is Yorkshire pudding. I rarely bother to eat it, if it's there. Very easy to make, Machka. The trick is that the fat must be piping hot when the batter goes in.

Love to all, Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,865 Member
    Options
    Well I went for a walk at a park I usually don't go to. I thought it would be empty and maybe not so safe. I was wrong! There were mothers there with young children exercising. They were fun to take a glimpse at. I walked about a mile. Gorgeous weather. Crisp, clear. My legs are shaky and have never been this way in my life. I would have walked more except for time.

I then picked up the groceries and they were out of the steaks I was planning to cook for my son tomorrow night. I only have the caregiver until 1pm. I can't just go somewhere else. I either have to have another store deliver or I have to pay the caregiver to stay later. This has been going on 3 years. Before that he was disabled, but I was free to come and ago.

Best,
    Rosemarie from Georgia

Well done on the walk!

When my husband had his accident 5 years ago, I started ordering groceries online and having them delivered. Much better! I don't have to spend my time in a grocery store.

M in Oz

• TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,098 Member
    Options
  • Machka9
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    My river rock is in!
    Now I need to edge it in the larger rocks.
    Moved about 400 kg of rock today.

x1r6en6ldwwx.png

Machka in Oz

And then went cycling to kinda stretch things out.

5h0a5gp5dimf.png

Machka in Oz
  • Machka9
    edited January 2023
    Options
    1 Sit in silence for three minutes... it's harder than you think. Does silently working in the garden count? Done! I sat silently for 7 minutes and prayed.

2 List 5 things using each of your senses. Right now? I can see my Christmas decorations, I can hear Christmas songs, I can taste my coffee, I can smell my coffee, and I can feel a comfortable temperature in the room.

3 Let go of at least 5 items in your house. I'm not in a downsizing or reducing mode so I've taken some lunch things to work, I will take an item to be mailed and another to be given to the people at work.

4 What was your favorite Christmas gift? (this year or ever). I can't tell you what my favourite Christmas gift this year is yet. It's a secret.

5 Move for at least 30 minutes today. Absolutely. It's a very rare day that I don't.

6 Share a goal you achieved last year. We completed the longest bicycle ride since my husband's accident and the fastest.

7 Slow down and savor one meal today. Mmmm ... pizza!

8 Who was your favorite teacher
    9 Create something today
    10 What is your favorite lyric from a song
    11 Send a card/note to someone today
    12 What are you looking forward to in 2023?
    13 Tell a random person they look "good" today
    14 Tell us three amazing things that happened recently (you decide what "recently" means...lol)
    15 Call or text someone you haven't talked to in at least a week
    16 What made you smile today
    17 Take a photo of something you're grateful for
    18 What material comforts are you most thankful for? You can make your list as long as you like...
    19 Write a positive review for a company for goods or services you've received recently
    20 Write down five things you like about yourself
    21 Pay it forward in some way
    22 What do you most desire in your life right now?
    23 Go an entire day without complaining
    24 What about you makes you special?
    25 Spend time with a loved one
    26 When was the last time you felt pure joy?
    27 Hold the door for a stranger... or a friend
    28 What fear have you overcome?
    29 Engage in a random act of kindness of your own choice
    30 When was the last time you laughed so hard you almost peed?
    31 Now try to "meditate" (sit in silence) for ten minutes...

Love the weekends!

Machka in Oz
  • Machka9
    Options

That looks good!
  • wizzywig
    wizzywig Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    Morning ladies

Heather I love Yorkshire Pudding (coming from Yorkshire I suppose it's a given :D ) I remember the first time I went for Sunday Dinner at my MIL house (before we were married and was surprised that I was given a plate full of Yorkshire Puddings with lots of gravy before the main meal. :o My family always ate the Yorkshire Puds with the meal. I was so full I couldn't eat much of the actual dinner. MIL was not pleased with me, but when I was 18yrs old I had a bird like appetite and only weighed 7stone! (about 98lbs) I hated been invited to her house for meals, she always gave me too much, if I said one roast potato she'd give me five!

Not keen on many of the foods in pastry, it doesn't agree with me, but like cottage pies and anything with mash. Nothing on the bottom tier appeals to me. :) I don't eat a lot of meat, some chicken, but mainly vegetarian food.

Machka you have been busy in your garden, you are certainly getting plenty of exercise. My garden is water logged at the moment. I've lost some of my flowers due to the frost a few weeks ago. I should have brought the ones in pots inside. Something to look forward to in the spring I supposed, planting flowers.

I had a restless night last night, couldn't sleep and was tossing and turning for most of it. Feel a bit fuzzy headed this morning and wasn't going to exercise, but having read about how being active is good for us think I'll do 10 mins or so. o:)

Welcome to the new people.

Take care and love to all <3
    Viv UK

• cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,208 Member
    edited January 2023
    Options
    Terri and Viv - I am not a fan of Yorkshire pudding, but I prefer mine bigger than the James Martin ones. I have a special pan for them with flatter, bigger, indentations. I actually prefer it the Yorkshire way, in one large pan, with the beef drippings. I've had it as a starter with gravy in Yorkshire. Nice. They do need good gravy with them.

I'm sitting here with hair dye on my head! I will soon be a natural blonde again. :p I have old reading glasses that I wear when I have the dye on, as it has worn all the pattern off the sides!

Lots of football on the TV today and tonight. Boo! Luckily I have a couple of things recorded.

Waiting eagerly for an invitation to the seaside apartment. I expect they are busy getting unpacked and sorted.

I will be spending some time today catching up with replying by email to some Christmas cards that had interesting news. That's why I continue sending them, because I love to get news back. <3

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,607 Member
    Options
    B)
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,098 Member
    Options
    Morning all. It’s a bright clear day today. I will go to our local shops for fresh goods, then go for a walk after lunch.

DED gave me LED strip lighting for our newly renovated summerhouse, so we will put that in sometime today.

Glad that DH is putting all the Christmas boxes in the eaves later as they are cluttering up the office floor at the minute and I want to get it ready for our new computer when we get it. Hewlett Packard have cancelled our order twice now for no apparent reason. DH is writing to their CEO to complain.

Tracey:I like a bit of bling. I have a year round tree that has fibre optic lights on it. I have it decorated with glass cut crystals and pearlescent sequinned garlands. I add Easter eggs at the appropriate time of the year. I will move it back into the lounge now that the Christmas tree has been stored away.

Exercise: I often do my exercise in short bursts throughout the day. I don’t do all the exercise I mentioned every day. 😝 I just like to mix it up. I aim for a minimum of 60 minutes daily, at least half of which is cardio.

Heather: We have a Sunday beef roast every 3rd week, with Yorkshire’s. DH has 2, and I have 1, so it’s not worth baking my own anymore, but Aunt Bessie’s frozen ones are a good alternative. And, Yes! A good gravy is essential.

Virtual (((hugs))) and 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻 for those who need them.

🙋‍♀️ Miele failte to the newbies.

☘️ Terri
  • Machka9
    Options
    Saturday
    • Hauled rock
    • Cycled
    • Laundry, including hanging it outside and bringing it back in
    • Tidied bathroom, sleeping room, shoe area
    • Walked Rhody
    • Ate Pizza
    • Coloured

5q7gt9aaej2p.png
    s4zwah35zmz8.png

Machka in Oz
  • Machka9
    edited January 2023
    Options
    Machka, you moved 880 pounds of rock in an afternoon? That definitely counts as exercise.

Later, y'all,
    Love,
    Lisa

Yes ... :smiley:

We purchased 400 kg of rock (880 lbs) and just prior to doing the transaction, my husband and I shared the task of putting all that into our van (about 200 kg each).

Then we hauled it up a hill to where my dry stream is (about 200 kg each). I did a lot more trips up the hill than my husband did because I couldn't move as much at one time.

Then I laid, by hand, about 250-300 kg of rock ... picking up out of the bucket and tossing or setting it into place, moving the buckets of rocks along the 10 metres of the dry stream so I could get at them easier. The rest of the rock (the bigger ones) are waiting for me to move tomorrow.

I am now stiffening up a bit for some reason.

I'm glad you got to see your family again. :)

Machka in Oz