WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JANUARY 2023

Options

Replies

• kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,607 Member
    Options
    Well, I have been up 5 hours and cleaning the guest room for the past 2 hours. Needed food, so took a break. Man I have a mess now, so can't stop! It isn't as bad as it was about 8 years ago. That time took me 8 hours! The final result was great and was kept up until the past few years. I guess I really have been struggling mentally. :neutral: Most of the drawers and bins are still organized, just have to sort out a few. So onward I go......

I try to do laundry, change sheets, and water plants on either Wed or Thurs. This does free up my weekends as we are usually at a car show or the farm or out of town. I will figure out when to do the real cleaning most likely during the week too. My washer has a timer on it, so I sort and put a load in before work. It starts and finishes just before we get home. The last load usually goes in the washer before bed and I will then dry in the morning. Usually only 3-4 loads depending on weather. 2 warm washes and a cold wash usually. Wearing jeans more than once helps keep it less loads. ;)

KJ Welcome back! Your trip looked like so much fun! That is my favorite trip with no plans!

Better get back at it, not sure when DH will be home. Oh, I also straightened up the pantry and got rid of some expired stuffs.

<3
    Kylia
  • bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
    @ginnytez and others hi! I can try checking in from time to time. if you d like me to read a personal message If you write @bananasandoranges I'll get it. I'm absolutely unable to skim all this abundant list for all group and personal mails. if you don't want to no problem. I totally get it we re each in our own internet groove... I think I've written before that I had previously been in groups with 5 to 12 members and read all.but with the dozens of wonderful contributors here I'm unable to read all... happy new year to all!!
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,043 Member
    Options
    I did my fast walking video! Yay! It's Leslie Sansone beginner 1 mile. Low impact so very knee friendly and no equipment needed. It always makes me think of how the calorie burn lasts past the cool down period. I should do this every day! But I would get bored.

Annie in Delaware
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,740 Member
    Options
    I missed sharing these this week:

5 - I think was move for 30 minutes. - I didn’t get that one done

6 Share a goal you achieved last year - we got a new roof and DH’s shop insulated

7 Slow down and savor one meal today - Homemade burger and air fry fries

8 Who was your favorite teacher - my grade 2 teacher, Mrs. Tracey.
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,454 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday Yogi!!!!!💖💖💖💖💖
    That last pic with all the drooling🤗. You must've been fixing a bowl of chow!
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,946 Member
    Options
    No way, Heather! You can keep black pudding, thank you very much!

I LOVE that your favorite teacher was your father Machka! Was he actually a teacher? One of my best friends, in middle school, had a father who taught there. THAT was interesting.

/spoiler]

My best friend's dad was our principle!! The cool thing is that many years before that, he was my mom's 7th grade English teacher. They went to our church(that is how Julie and I met over 50yrs ago now!) and I would spend Sunday afternoon's after church with her family or her with mine. They were like a second set of parents to me. Miss them both so much.

Debbie
  • wizzywig
    wizzywig Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    :)
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    Word of the year: Appreciate: Medications that help you in many ways!

Gratitude list

8 Who was your favorite teacher--My high school French teacher, Sister Jeannette. She was great!
    9 Create something today
    10 What is your favorite lyric from a song
    11 Send a card/note to someone today
    12 What are you looking forward to in 2023?
    13 Tell a random person they look "good" today
    14 Tell us three amazing things that happened recently (you decide what "recently" means...lol)
    15 Call or text someone you haven't talked to in at least a week
    16 What made you smile today
    17 Take a photo of something you're grateful for
    18 What material comforts are you most thankful for? You can make your list as long as you like...
    19 Write a positive review for a company for goods or services you've received recently
    20 Write down five things you like about yourself
    21 Pay it forward in some way
    22 What do you most desire in your life right now?
    23 Go an entire day without complaining
    24 What about you makes you special?
    25 Spend time with a loved one
    26 When was the last time you felt pure joy?
    27 Hold the door for a stranger... or a friend
    28 What fear have you overcome?
    29 Engage in a random act of kindness of your own choice
    30 When was the last time you laughed so hard you almost peed?
    31 Now try to "meditate" (sit in silence) for ten
    minutes...

RVRia
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,750 Member
    edited January 2023
    Options
    Lanette …. I downloaded the PDF! Thank you.

Debbie … you make my mouth water with all the good things you mentioned you cook.

Machka … the river bed looks great

Heather … you are definitely an artist! The first few tiers of the classic British foods looked pretty good, but when it comes to those meals made with organ meats and pork, I would probably pass.

Lisa … my husband (who was an appliance repairman for Maytag and then ran his own appliance service company for a few years) always shoos the store installers away. Says they don’t do things to his liking. Of course, this was before he had three back surgeries. He may “allow” others to install appliances in the future.

Kylia … I hate dusting too and since I have always had pets there is always a lot of dust. I would record the higher BP numbers as well and make a notation what you were doing. It sounds like you were agitated and your doctor needs to know that when you’re upset your numbers climb.

Kelly … sounds like a perfect visit with your grandsons!

Pip … Yogi is a beautiful lab …

Allie … why are you trying to move a bed to storage by yourself? Can’t you call a someone from your retirement community for help? Like a maintenance man? Or wait for Kyle or your son? You’re trying to do too much.

January Gratitude
    Day 7 … savored meal: “Homemade” pizzas with Naan flatbreads for a crust, jarred sauce, cheese and … on mine … sauteed onions, peppers and mushrooms. Enjoyed every bite.
    Day 8 … favorite teacher: there were several, but the first that comes to mind is an AP English teacher. She taught me so much about good, concise writing.

I’ve spent the last couple of days cleaning/decluttering. My son who is at home with us at this time had let his room just get away from him. Multiple reasons why, but it couldn’t stay that way any longer. He and I tackled it on Friday and removed bags and bags of things from the room. What a difference it makes when we simplify. It’s my goal to go through all of our living spaces … and then the basement … and do the same.

Tried a new soup recipe today. Lentil and Vegetable Soup with Parmesan. Spicy (by my timid standards), but very tasty. https://www.eatingwell.com/recipe/7917979/one-pot-lentil-vegetable-soup-with-parmesan/

Beth near Buffalo

• barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,916 Member
    Options
    :) I'm home from my 60 minute Sunday walk with my friend. Now I have four loads of laundry to fold and put away. We picked up groceries this morning so now the fridge, freezer, and cupboards are full for the week.

<3 Barbie in NW WA
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    :) Carol in GA
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,607 Member
    Options
    It seems like most of us a "spring cleaning" in the winter! My girlfriend, C, just called and said she was organizing her dresser. :) My DH was impressed with my guest room closet and drawers.

Lisa The first time I kept my youngest grandson without his mom, she warned me that he would say no lots. She said she had tried everything....timeouts, yelling, spanking, sending to his room. Nothing worked. The first thing I asked him to do he told me NO! I picked him up and put him in the corner the same way Kelsey did. Oh, there was plenty of screaming and yelling. Once he got quiet and sat for 3 minutes, we had a short discussion. This went on for the first day he was here. It seemed like it was every 15 minutes or so that we were on repeat. The next morning, I asked him to put his shoes on....He said NO! Then quietly bowed his head and took himself to the timeout chair. I haven't had a problem since then. Tell Kelsey she is doing great! Just remember no attention when they are in timeout.

Beth Thank you, that is what my DH said also.

New recipes today it seems like. I was just going to grill the chicken for dinner, but may go see if I can find a sauce or something for it. The broccoli and sweet potatoes has to go with it.

<3
    Kylia
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,700 Member
    Options
    Beth- i didn't move it but a couple feet today.. my SIL won't do it,my son would,and my brother would but once i get wanting to get something done.. I get antsy lol.
    I feel like I got a bit of things done today..and watching little boy tomorrow and PT at 2 tomorrow afternoon
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,946 Member
    Options
    power was out for 3 hrs- not sure why. Storms were last night(and more coming tonight and tomorrow.......Went out right as I started watching church.
    Got a few chores done and some winter snowflake decorations up.
    Worst part was I really wanted more tea but no way to make it. Before, I could have used the water cooler/hot water dispenser but I canceled the delivery on that- it was way too expensive for the little we used it and the price was going up again. Oh well, I survived and have some hot tea now. I actually enjoyed the quiet. Hard for dh. He prefers lots of noise. He is so obsessed with vacuuming, he was actually vacuuming the hall and bedroom with a flashlight beings he couldn't turn the lights on.

Dh walked in and said he has decided(or will decide for sure this week) that he is going to quit working because he doesn't like the way his boss talks to him. No discussion , just he is deciding it. I understand she isn't the easiest to work for. He worked for her before and that is why he took early retirement. She got transferred to another store so he has been working part time or close to full time hours since then and still getting his pension. She is back at his store so he wants to quit again.
    The extra money he has been bringing in has been great- he spends on what ever he wants but also puts money into the savings accounts. I don't say anything. Having him here full time will drive me crazy.
    Hoping this blows over, like it has SOOOOOO many times before. There is another option but he isn't even mentioning it- he can go back on retiree status and only work a few hours a week(up to 63).
    Our medical won't be as good(and his won't be paid for like it is now that he is working full time hours- pension restrictions were lifted because of covid and them needing workers and they are still not back in place). And, when they change him back, there is a good chance the will screw things up and we will be without any medical for a month or more. It happened before. Found out they messed up the day before my cataract surgery- told me we didn't have any coverage. I don't want that to happen again. Will get all my dental work done this month, just in case.

Need to get some work done on the computer now, in case the power goes off again. I usually do it Sunday morning but that didn't happen. Won't take me long- I procrastinate longer than it takes to do it.

Have a wonderful Sunday afternoon.

Debbie
    Napa Valley,CA