WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JANUARY 2023

Options

Replies

• ginnytez
    ginnytez Posts: 1,333 Member
    Options
    Allie-sorry to hear what you are all going through. My husband had anger issues due to PTSD coming though his family. He never touched any one and he worked on other means of expression. It did improve some over time. It is a difficult decision for a family to make. Good job keeping communication lines open. I agree with Rebecca's advice for Carmine.

Tracey-sad news regarding FIL. Hope you are able to make the trip. I know what it is like to be long distance away.

Suebdew-Prayers also for you and family during this time.

Sunny day here today but rather brisk. Got my three miles in and now going to start some soup and get laundry and other domestic duties completed.

Take care all,

Ginny in Ohio
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    So many going through so much! Prayers and good wishes for you. So thankful that we are a lot of ladies who support each other through bad and good times.

Carol in GA
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Barbie— You are right that many angry people blame others. It is sad for family members who live with someone who is frequently angry. It is heartbreaking for those who become targets. 😢
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,454 Member
    Options
    Well I was a slug this morning! I woke up at 7:45 am only to fall back to sleep until quite later. I won't say because its embarrassing. 😜🙃😁

Today I have a huge tomato on the counter saying slice me already!! So I am thinking a turkey sandwich is happening. I might add my salami slices on there too. Using my leftover dressing as a spread. I had bought some good quality bleu cheese dressing, and I have added olive oil to it so I can get most of it out. Perseverance!

I made some great pasta yesterday. The pasta is called cavatappi. Its a hearty thick swirly, ridged pasta, so great for cold salads, or sauce related meals. I cut up some shrimp, tossed them in a bit of flour and Old Bay. Then with some butter, I sauted them (they were cooked already so just a heat up), a splash of fat free half & half, tossed with pasta, and a spoonful of sundried tomato mixture. It was delightful!

I finished writing all my pen pals, its nice to have no piles staring at me. Writing my friends were tough because I want to encourage them, tell them fun stuff, like I am sitting, having a cup of coffee with them. Not whining and moaning about things I am stressing over. So its taking awhile to get me to that place. Yes I am stressing about my youngest sailor and his non communication with us, but my life is more than that. So many things to be thankful for, if I stop and pay attention. Then I have this goofy husband that is pleasantly distracting. I am one of the moderators in a Facebook group that supports Navy moms so that keeps me outta trouble off and on during the day. It helps me process the deal with youngest, puts things in a perspective that keeps me above water.

To all the new ladies, this is a safe space to get encouragement, whine with confidence, and get tips on your journey, whatever phase you're in. We have ladies that are in maintenance, we have our jocks that are like Ever ready bunnies, and some in between. You have found your people!🤗

To gals dealing with A LOT, (((((((((hugs)))))))).
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • wizzywig
    wizzywig Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    <3
  • wizzywig
    wizzywig Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    <3
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,544 Member
    Options
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,544 Member
    Options
    Stats for the day

Walk w/kids- raining!! 39.55min, 9elev, 2.02mi
    2nd recorded walk w/kids - still raining, 1hr 17min 47sec, 44elev, 91ahr, 116mhr, 3.57mi= 5.59combined miles according to Strava, * Apple Watch shows 6 miles walked *
    Total time walking-1hr 57min 2sec
    Zwift home bike trainer- strava stats- 17.14min, 108elev, 105aw, 18.3amph, 118ahr, 151mhr, 5.24mi= 147c
    Strava app = 103c
    Zwift stats- 17.16min, 111elev, 104aw, 63arpm, 18.24amph, 5.25mi= 103c

Total cal 775
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,946 Member
    Options
    ginnytez wrote: »
    Allie-sorry to hear what you are all going through. My husband had anger issues due to PTSD coming though his family. He never touched any one and he worked on other means of expression. It did improve some over time. It is a difficult decision for a family to make. Good job keeping communication lines open. I agree with Rebecca's advice for Carmine.

Tracey-sad news regarding FIL. Hope you are able to make the trip. I know what it is like to be long distance away.

Suebdew-Prayers also for you and family during this time.

Sunny day here today but rather brisk. Got my three miles in and now going to start some soup and get laundry and other domestic duties completed.

Take care all,

Ginny in Ohio

my first husband had that problem too. I found out 20 yrs after he left me(with no warning at all) that it was the reason he left. It wasn't under control and he was so afraid it would get worse and he would really hurt me. He just said he didn't want to be married anymore and left. He kept so much to himself. He was diagnosed and got treatment after he left. Still regrets the choices he made and wishes he could go back and change them. I got all these answers just 8 yrs ago. It was so great to get the answers. I thought it was my fault that he left. We are on great terms now and I consider him my best friend.
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,454 Member
    Options
    Vicki, got your calendar package! Thank you so much! I have started making envelopes already! I appreciate it, and you taking the time to send them!
    bz8844pi8h8u.jpg
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited January 2023
    Options
    <3
  • dlfk202000
    edited January 2023
    Options
    Heather - I understand the term "pressure group," but what is MDMD? I love that Johnny is following your lead into the art world and how pleased you both are to be together. Couple goals if there ever were.

Corey, on the other hand, has gone on his own to experience the joy of the closest butcher shop. Butcher shops are not my bag - just walking into one can make me nauseated. Cold, raw meat always has the same smell. He invited me to go with him, but not quite ready to run around and do errands at places that might or might not have a bathroom I can get to fast enough. I'm getting there, though! Maybe I'll feel confident going with him next weekend. He did build me a fire in the fireplace 00999999999999999909 before he left. <3 (The numbers are Egg walking across my keyboard. Not sure who she's sending a message to, possibly Rhody or the new kitties from @LeighAnn7777 B) )

Got a good book in hand to read and no chores needing doing. Cor even started the dishwasher before he left. <3<3 Eating my favorite sweet these days - one drained mandarin orange cup with cottage cheese. Absolutely wonderful combination.

Back to my book,
    Love y'all,
    Lisa in AR

love that you left the message from your cat. My cat that passed away used to always send them when I was chatting with a friend. I would leave the room and Teri would tell me that Umaku messaged her again. Miss my big boy.
    Have two other lap cats but they don't get on the keyboard,just take up my lap and make it hard to reach the keyboard.
    dlvts18k9w2q.png
    this is Tonashi- she is the one on my lap now. (when she walks away, looks just like Garfield)Ms Fluffy Butt. A bit too big for my lap but that doesn't stop her.
    Kitaro is smaller and fits well in my lap but Tonashi is a better lap warmer.
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,098 Member
    edited January 2023
    Options
    DH went to Parkrun with DYD this morning. Not my cup of tea at all.

When he came home, we discovered one of our glasshouse windows had been shattered during the storm last night. It’s safety glass, so it was all over the drive and had to be swept up.

Fortunately we had a spare one in the shed, so I helped DH to install it. We used a different method of securing the glass, so shouldn’t have a repeat. It was still windy and bitterly cold so replacing it was a priority, as we have tender plants in the glasshouse.

Also went to our local shops and got a lovely beef roast for tomorrow, and some artisan bread.

Planning to visit DED tomorrow after lunch.

Rebecca: I use all sorts of things for card envelopes. I like using old wrapping paper and putting the pattern on the inside. It saves having to use labels for names/addresses.

Virtual (((hugs))) and 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻 for those who need them.

🙋‍♀️ Miele failte to the newbies.

☘️ Terri
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,865 Member
    Options
    Not sure what the day will hold, but have had to stop sitting in my office chair at all--not sure exactly why it's the worst cause of the pain, but it is. Just two days of not using it, and the pain levels have dropped dramatically. Hoping that continues... put my computer on a movable table that I can use when I'm sitting in my recliner or on the sofa or the loveseat. So nice to have some pain-free hours, helps my mood, my energy levels, everything.

Love y'all,
    Lisa in AR

I don't know if you remember the problem I was having with numb legs several months ago ...

I had scans done, went to a podiatrist and a physiotherapist none of which helped much.

About then I finished up at my 6-month position and started my new position ... and the numbness went away. I strongly suspect it was my chair during the 6-month position. I never felt comfortable on it despite making all sorts of adjustments.

Seemingly innocent chairs can be the cause of all sorts of difficulties!

Machka in Oz

• dlfk202000
    edited January 2023
    Options
    Katla49 wrote: »
    Barbie— You are right that many angry people blame others. It is sad for family members who live with someone who is frequently angry. It is heartbreaking for those who become targets. 😢

Dh isn't really angry but irritated all the time. Every little thing irritates him. Makes his bitter and hard to be around. And it is always someone elses action that cause it, in his opinion

Was a productive first half of the day- Got up and helped dh fix the catio to repair the damage from the raccoon . He won't be getting back in, hopefully.
    Got laundry done
    Cleared off the fridge and freezer in the garage. Dumped a bunch of stuff that was expired or the rats got into. Totally cleared off now except one box of crackers that has a trap set inside of it with some crackers behind it. We have bait out that is pet friendly but the rats don't eat it, we have peppermint oil we have sprayed all over, traps are the only thing that work and not great. I am so tired of them getting into stuff and making a mess. I think they are in there now because of all the remodeling they did next door.

Thankfully, the rain held off while we worked on the catio. Started again as we were finishing it up.
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,700 Member
    Options
    Well im tires its only about 6 pm my time but after the day I had yesterday.. think ill turn in early..
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    Gratitude list
    Word of the year: APPRECIATE—- Today I appreciate the unconditional love of my dogs.
    1 Sit in silence for three minutes... it's harder than you think—DONE
    2 List 5 things using each of your senses——DONE
    3 Let go of at least 5 items in your house—tossed Christmas card I had collected
    4 What was your favorite Christmas gift? (this year or ever)—This year was jewelry from my ‘adopted’ granddaughter.
    5 Move for at least 30 minutes today—-Done plus #1 again!
    6 Share a goal you achieved last year—-Bringing my car to the car wash one or more times a month!
    7 Slow down and savor one meal today—-Breakfast-savored the texture of my OUI yogurt versus the granola I added.
    8 Who was your favorite teacher—My French teacher in High School. Sister Jeannette
    9 Create something today—-I will work on my crochet - making a granny square afghan out of left over yarn.
    10 What is your favorite lyric from a song—Against the wind, We were running against the wind. We were young and strong, we were running against the wind.
    11 Send a card/note to someone today—Done! Note to DH and card for Uncle’s birthday.
    12 What are you looking forward to in 2023? Losing weight and better financial status.
    13 Tell a random person they look "good" today—Done!
    14 Tell us three amazing things that happened recently (you decide what "recently" means...lol) 1. I got to go to TN to attend my daughter’s wedding last year, My brother from AZ came to visit us in NM, I experienced my first 5.4 earthquake in NM this past December.
    15 Call or text someone you haven't talked to in at least a week
    16 What made you smile today
    17 Take a photo of something you're grateful for
    18 What material comforts are you most thankful for? You can make your list as long as you like...
    19 Write a positive review for a company for goods or services you've received recently
    20 Write down five things you like about yourself
    21 Pay it forward in some way
    22 What do you most desire in your life right now?
    23 Go an entire day without complaining
    24 What about you makes you special?
    25 Spend time with a loved one
    26 When was the last time you felt pure joy?
    27 Hold the door for a stranger... or a friend
    28 What fear have you overcome?
    29 Engage in a random act of kindness of your own choice
    30 When was the last time you laughed so hard you almost peed?
    31 Now try to "meditate" (sit in silence) for ten minutes...

RVRita