WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR FEBRUARY 2023

Options

Replies

• sh0tzz99
    sh0tzz99 Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    Terri, Yay! I hope the stretches help you. I am so grateful to Debbie for reminding me. Now if I can start belly dancing again, I should be loose as a goose! :D:D:D

Tina, I hope your weird headache isn’t Covid. One of the few downsides to living in this senior community is the increased exposure - in the dining venues, at fitness classes, at activities of all kinds. There are a lot of people in independent living isolating in their apartments or cottages right now. The problem is, the day before the symptoms start, while still feeling perfectly fine, the infected person is highly contagious.

I am feeling more peaceful and less invested in negative emotions. Continuing to meditate with Sarah Raymond.
    __

(((Rori))) Loved your post. Thanks for checking in. xoxo

___

Karen in Virginia

I actually considered that for a split second, but it's completely gone today. I suspect the weather.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,885 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies!

Ginny sorry to hear about your Covid. Hope it passes quickly.

Kylia yes the prep is a total nuisance. But it will be over soon.

It was supposed to rain today but it hasn't started yet. I might clean up my room a little. See what nasty surprises lurk in the papers.

Thank you Rory for making me laugh and realize Mom is not so bad. Oranges! That must have been a mess. Mom is very good about keeping food downstairs, and Teddy gets the crumbs.

Today is yoga and aerobic walking after lunch. I was looking at weighted bars, for when I need to change things up a bit. I'm afraid of dropping the dumbbells, so I stick to a low weight. But a bar might be safer. What do you ladies think?

Annie in Delaware

When I go to a higher weight, I do seated curls, one arm at a time, with slightly limited range of motion and my other hand just touches the dumbbell lightly ... and may help a tiny bit to squeeze out reps 11 and 12.

That way I am not likely to drop anything.

M in Oz
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,923 Member
    Options
    :) Welcome Belinda We are glad you are here. I hope you will make it a plan to check in every day. It is easier to stay on track in the company of others who share your focus

Barbie in NW WA
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,885 Member
    Options
    Headaches ... I have had a wicked one like the front left quarter of my head is being hammered. It's been there since late January.

New glasses helped a bit.

Pretty sure it's stress.

Funny thing is that I was working on a work project all evening yesterday and about midnight I decided to go to bed "because I was getting a headache" ... meaning that other parts of my head were starting to hurt as well as the usual part!

M in Oz
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,215 Member
    Options
    Welcome back Tere! I'm still here. :p We are looking forward to hearing what you have been up to.

Love Heather UK xxxxxx
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited February 2023
    Options
    Rebecca— If your DH’s blood sugar was high, has he gone to a doctor? I hope he sees his doctor to investigate his blood sugar levels. ⭐️

Vicki—My health is good & I am thankful. 👍🏻

Tere Williams— WELCOME BACK! 😊 It is wonderful to see you are here.🌹

Sue in WA—Our boats have been sold. DH has had serious health issues. Right now he is working to improve his health in a nursing facility near our daughter’s home in Illinois. He is getting excellent care from RN nurses. I have an apartment near him and see him every day. I am pleased that he is doing better. I hope he will continue to improve. 💖

Katla
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,347 Member
    Options
    Will have to do some skimming so I apologize to anyone in advance if I don’t comment. Also, so many times it’s happened where someone else says exactly what I meant.

Anyway, Tuesday I did a total cardio burn DVD. Went to the church’s thrift store. Laid by the pool. I was going to play cards at this one lady’s condo, but Vince was fine while we were having dinner. After dinner he went to the bathroom and when he got up, he was in excruciating pain. So much that I had to pick up the remote off the table, put on his shoes, etc. We called 911 and they took him to the hospital. He has to go for an MRI. The MD office here is going to call him to set it up.

Got a whopping 2 hours of sleep, this morning I did an extreme cardio DVD then went to WalMart to get the prescription for the muscle relaxant for Vince. He says it isn’t doing anything, but I can see that he’s not in as much pain. I suspect it also needs to build up in the system but he wants immediate relief.

The plan for tomorrow is to do an Advanced Strength Training DVD. A friend of mine down here (I met her when I went to the Y a few years ago) is coming over. I’m thinking that there’s this French place across the street, I’d like to go there for coffee/tea/whatever. I’ve heard that the food is good

Lanette – we’ll be here until March 20. I already miss my dishwasher, and it’s only been a few days!!!! Like Kylia, our leak was from the faucet, it wasn’t tight enough

oh, yesterday afternoon I took a walk to the Christmas store across the street. The lady who is coming here tomorrow got me (at my request) and ornament that says “Titusville” but it’s really larger that I wanted plus it has the year on it. Well, that doesn’t mean anything to us. So the man made me one that I like. I’m not going to tell her I got it, tho. It was nice of her to go out of her way for me.

Katla – hugs

Allie – do you think Tom would be mean enough to withhold (or at least threaten to) homer from you if you don’t agree to lowering the alimony? Nice hair! I just want to squeeze and hug Miles. Will you do it for me?

Ginny – I’m so sorry you’re positive. Hope it doesn’t last long

kylia – hugs for Aubrey

Tere – WB

I’ve never been able to touch my toes, either, and it’ll probably never happen in this lifetime

To all those in the wake of the storm – stay safe

Belinda – (Love the name). Welcome

Sue WA- Holy crapola! You just reminded me that today is Ash Wednesday! Good thing we're having fish! Where does the time go to?

Michele in fl now
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,955 Member
    Options
    walk was good.Not as windy or quite as long as yesterday but better than nothing. Just hit 5 miles.
    High for today and the next three days is only 49 which I know isn't that bad for many of you but that is a bit too cold to really enjoy the walk. Hard to breath when it is too cold.
    Having a mocha to try and warm up.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,552 Member
    Options
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,457 Member
    Options
    Katla49 wrote: »
    Rebecca— If your DH’s blood sugar was high, has he gone to a doctor? I hope he sees his doctor to investigate his blood sugar levels. ⭐️

Vicki—My health is good & I am thankful. 👍🏻

Tere Williams— WELCOME BACK! 😊 It is wonderful to see you are here.🌹

Sue in WA—Our boats have been sold. DH has had serious health issues. Right now he is working to improve his health in a nursing facility near our daughter’s home in Illinois. He is getting excellent care from RN nurses. I have an apartment near him and see him every day. I am pleased that he is doing better. I hope he will continue to improve. 💖

Katla

Oh yes, he's seen the on base primary doctor. Right now doctor is monitoring his high glucose numbers. But he just started on diabetes meds so hopefully the numbers will improve.👍🏻💖
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,923 Member
    Options
    6pyqezf8dlmz.png
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,123 Member
    Options
    Just winding down for bedtime.

Ginny: Boo for Getting Covid. Hope it a mild case and you’re better quickly

Heather: It’s just on the family Skype where we both use my iPad and it was blurring him out. It doesn’t happen when it’s just me on the Skype or ZOOM. And I usually have a plain background then.

Intentions for today:
    📍general chores✔️
    📍declutter bedroom surfaces✔️
    📍Latin translation ✔️
    📍solid habits✔️

Virtual (((hugs))) and 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻 for all those those who need them.

🙋‍♀️ Miele failte to the newbies.

☘️ Terri

• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,707 Member
    Options
    Michelle- sure will give him hugs and kisses for you...
    Thanks for all the compliments on my hair Karen does such a great job...
    Tom I don't think would hold back me seeing Homer ,plus they will be watching Alfie when I go to Tennessee..
    I can only hope he stays they way its been going.