March 2023 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• chris_in_cal
    chris_in_cal Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    shanaber wrote: »
    It started raining much earlier than the forecasted 3pm but I decided to get out for a walk anyway, how bad could it be? Right

I just finished up...it shouldn't start until 4:00 p.m. or so here in San Diego.

Weirdly I'm dealing with a toe nail too. 🦶🏽

• Scott6255
    Scott6255 Posts: 2,441 Member
    Options
    @shanaber glad your toe nail procedure went well and you are on the road to healing.

Did 10 miles this evening. Should have been at a recovery pace, but I went too fast. Maybe I'll learn one of these days.

exercise.png
  • chris_in_cal
    chris_in_cal Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    I beat this week's atmospheric river by this -><- much. A nice dry warm run.

March Running Goal: 16 runs, 21 miles
    1. March 2 - 1.63 miles
    2. March 5 - 1.86 miles
    3. March 7 - 1.68 miles
    4. March 9 - 1.92 miles
    5. March 12- 2.72 miles
    6. March 14- 2.35 miles
    Current: 6 runs, 12.16 miles
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,978 Member
    Options
    March Goal: 115 Miles

3/1: 5.06 miles
    3/2: 5.51 miles
    3/3: 2.15 miles
    3/4: 2.02 miles
    3/5: 10.1 miles
    3/6: 5.1 miles
    3/7: 5.27 miles
    3/8: 1.05 miles
    3/9: 5.27 miles
    3/10: 3.17 miles
    3/11: 2.02 miles
    3/12: 10.1 miles
    3/13: 2.1 miles
    3/14: 5.26 miles

64.18/115 miles completed for March

It was cold this morning at 39°F, but there was no wind and I had a nice run. I ran 5.25 miles. I didn't see any critters, but I did see a shooting star. It was dark the whole run. I was really enjoying the sun rising as I was coming home the last couple of weeks, but I guess it is back to having the entire run be dark.

@shanaber Glad the toenail is healing nicely.

exercise.png

• shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,390 Member
    edited March 2023
    Options
    shanaber wrote: »
    It started raining much earlier than the forecasted 3pm but I decided to get out for a walk anyway, how bad could it be? Right

I just finished up...it shouldn't start until 4:00 p.m. or so here in San Diego.

Weirdly I'm dealing with a toe nail too. 🦶🏽

@chris_in_cal - Great you missed the atmospheric river! We have had pouring rain all day and are now under a 'moderate' flood watch (possible threat to life or property). I don't think we have ever had one before at least not that I was aware of.
    Hope you can get your nail corrected. I have to say I am surprised at how easy it has been with mine and how much better it feels.

@katharmonic - good luck with the surgery and I hope you don't need any further treatment! I was fortunate with mine and did not need anything else either other than more frequent check ups/mammograms.
  • tarun_yadavA
    tarun_yadavA Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    Morning all
    Got in a 10K... Little bit extra to burn off that Cadburys Creme Egg
    gybj0hq99jxc.png

@SummerSkier just the one egg 😊
    (They're not that big! 175 cals according to the Barcode scan!)

@quilteryoyo - yes, white chocolate that bit sweeter than milk chocolate, and with that syrupy goo (lack of better adjective there!) in the middle made it a bit too sweet for me!

@katharmonic hope surgery goes well 🙏

@teresa502 lol @ staring at Ryan Reynolds

@shanaber favourite pie is... ??
  • martaindale
    martaindale Posts: 2,063 Member
    Options
    @tarun_yadavA yeah, white chocolate would definitely be too sweet with a cream egg.

@shanaber Glad your toe is healing up.

@Laurz9191 Hail would be terrible to run in! You have been doing great with training. You are definitely ready and can’t wait to hear how it goes.
  • martaindale
    martaindale Posts: 2,063 Member
    Options
    March total: 46.8/100 miles

3/4: 13.2 miles
    3/8: 4.2 miles
    3/9: 4 miles
    3/10: 5.1 miles
    3/11: 6.9 miles
    3/13: 4.1 miles
    3/14: 5.2 miles
    3/15: 4.1 miles

Logging 2 runs today. We spent the whole day yesterday sawing downed branches, dragging them to the burn pit, and burning. It was a lot of work but the yard is looking better. My family is headed home today for various appointments so I am spending this afternoon collecting and burning what I can. It’s raining a fair bit of tomorrow so it will be a rest day. Then it may be too wet to really burn after that so just going to do what I can the rest of this week.
  • tarun_yadavA
    tarun_yadavA Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    Morning everyone!
    Today's 9K
    qz9netmwwnq0.png

@shanaber interesting choice! 🥧
    'Sweet' - either Pecan, or (I don't know if you have it your side of the Pond) 'Bakewell' (basically, Cherry-Almond frangipan type thing).

'Savoury' - ummm... A mushroom+leak (or even plain mushroom) in a creamy/cheese type thick sauce inside the pie