WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MARCH 2023

Options

Replies

• exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,343 Member
    Options
    Debbie – thanks for the update about Destiny. She and her family go thru so much. Prayers

Went to the church’s thrift shop. Got some shorts, Christmas ornaments, and a comb which I’ll run thru the dishwasher before I use it

Then 2 other gals and I played mahjongg. I found out that there’s a board meeting here at the condo on Thurs that we should probably go to

Better make dinner. Then hopefully Vince will go for another walk tonight and go across the street and walk in the mall’s parking lot. Just something different. There’s a launch scheduled for tonight and we’ll see if it goes up.

Michele who has a lady’s lunch to go to tomorrow
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,043 Member
    Options
    Barbara my doctor's appointment was fine, thank you. Just a little foot issue, a minor nuisance in the scheme of things, and responding well to the cream.

Annie in Delaware

• ginnytez
    ginnytez Posts: 1,333 Member
    Options
    Debbie-prayers for Destiny and her family.

Machka-glad you got hand checked.

Carol-thats heat you have your banking stuff. Maybe a variation on advice given on how to approach -you are scared because you don't know what you would do with BL and should the needler arise you want to make sure you are doing what he would want.

I have a very old will DH and I wrote years ago-leaves everything to boys. I need to get new one. I have them named as beneficiaries of my retirement and 401 k and bank accounts.

For some insane reason woke up at 4am. Couldn't go back to sleep so didn't fight it. Made it though work. Came home and did treadmill for 20 minutes (decided with wind chill too darn cold this evening). Going to get up off this couch and do ironing-manly because I don't want to fall asleep too early.

Take care all,

Ginny in Ohio
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Carol, I personally would not take over POA for my in-law; I would turn it over to an attorney or other payee. But if you are determined to do it, should the occasion arise, the steps to take to learn about what to do are the same - get your hubby to gradually show/teach you what he does and figure out what legal steps you will have to take, if any. It’s doable and you are smart and capable. It’s finite and you can learn what to do. xoxo Karen
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,946 Member
    edited March 2023
    Options
    well, walking the wetlands today was not the best idea. For the first 3/4 of it it was windy but just barely raining. Hard walking when the wind was against me but kind of fun with it behind me. THEN, I got to a part that was flooded. I had my rain boots on so thought I would be ok. The water was rushing and I had to go through it- didn't have time to go back the way I had come. Ended up with water in my boots but got through. Thankfully, I happened to have a pair of fleece lined boots in my car from my last visit to mom's that I forgot to take out. Took my rain pants off in the parking lot of the school(had leggings on under them) because I didn't want to get my car seat wet, took boots and socks off(and poured the water out). Leggings were wet the bottom 5-6inches but I had my warm boots so that helped. Sat in the car warming up while I waited for Ezie to get out. Went over to the gate when the bell rang, and waited another ten minutes in the very windy rain before they came out. Was very glad to get home and get dry pants on and really warm up.

I did get a 45 min walk in- Fitbit says I walked 27 floors/ 3.8miles 8,500steps
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,098 Member
    edited March 2023
    Options
    Had a pleasant day. Grocery shopping early tomorrow.

Prayers for Destiny.

Intentions for March:
    🔹Maintain weight < 140 (I have managed to stay at the lower end off the 140s)
    🔹Continue with Solid Habit development

Intentions for today:
    📍Solid habits✔️
    📍general chores✔️
    📍10.30: Tuesday Craft✔️
    📍A/cs and prep for groups✔️

impossible dreams
    carry hidden messages
    of I’m possible

just one simple shift
    fosters positivity
    in each open mind

Virtual (((hugs))) and 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻 for all those those who need them.

🙋‍♀️ Miele failte to the newbies.

☘️ Terri
    March Action for Happiness:
    1. Set an intention to live with awareness and kindness. I intend to live with awareness and kindness
    2. Notice three things you find beautiful in the outside world.Trees silhouetted against the sky; the appearance of snowdrops in spring; the sound of waves breaking on the shore.
    3. Start today by appreciating your body and that you are alive. I meditate on this each morning when I wake up, and am grateful for each new opportunity to have a good day.
    4. Notice how you speak to yourself and choose to use kind words. Positive affirmations are very powerful. Be kind to yourself, always.
    5. Bring to mind people you care about and send love to them. We chatted with our girls about other family members, and raised a glass to them.
    6. Have a ‘no plans’ day and notice how that feels. I will do this tomorrow (7th)
    7. Take three calm breaths at regular intervals during your day.Resisting the temptation to plan my day. Serendipity reigns today.
    8. Eat mindfully. Appreciate the taste, texture and email of your food. ✔️
    9. Take a full breath in and out before you reply to others. I’m a great advocate of deep breathing, and find this works well.
    10. Get outside and notice how the weather feels on your face.I wasn’t looking forward to going outside this morning as we had snow overnight and it seemed very cold. However, the sun shone in a clear blue sky, and the wind had dropped right down again, and I spent time with my eyes closed feeling the heat on my face before I went into the centre for Latin Study.
    11. Stay fully present while drinking your cup of tea or coffee. Always! Gives me calm thinking time.
    12. Listen deeply to someone and really hear what they are saying. When I tried to do this with DH this morning, he got distracted by a discussion on What the Papers Say on TV. 😝 However, we often have in-depth discussions, usually over lunc and dinner.
    13. Pause to watch the sky or clouds for a few minutes today. The sun was valiantly trying to break through rain clouds just after sunrise, but the forecast is for heavy showers, but I’m watching the blue patches in hope that it clears up.
    14. Find ways to enjoy any chores or tasks that you do.Doing the task isn’t the problem 😝 It’s getting started that’s difficult. I sometimes put on my favourite music, or listen to a podcast.
    15. Stop. Breathe. Notice. Repeat regularly.
    16. Get really absorbed with an interesting or creative activity.
    17. Look around and spot three thing you find unusual or pleasant.
    18. If you find yourself rushing, make an effort to slow down.
    19. Appreciate nature around you wherever you are.
    20. Focus on what makes you and others happy today.
    21. Listen to a piece of music without doing anything else.
    22. Notice something that is going well, even if today feels difficult.
    23. Tune into your feelings, without judging or trying to change them.
    24. Appreciate your hands and all the things they enable you to do.
    25 Focus your attention on the good things you take for granted.
    26. Choose too spend less times looking at screens today.
    27. Cultivate a feeling of loving-kindness towards others today.
    28. Notice when you are tired and take a break as soon as possible.
    29. Choose a different route today and see
    what you notice.
    30. Mentally scan your body and notice what you are feeling.
    31. Discover the joy in the simple things of life.

• dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,946 Member
    Options
    Barbara- I don't remember the name of mom's tractor. It is small and has a removeable trailer. I will have to look at it closer the next time I am over there in a few weeks.
    Thank you for the prayers for Destiny- she needs all she can get
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,916 Member
    Options
    👣🌻😺🐾
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,544 Member
    Options
    Stats for the day-

Walk w/family RAIN- 1hr 41min 20sec, 2.79ap, 73elev, 86ahr, 109mhr, 4.93mi= 525c
    Strava app= 604c
    Zwift home bike trainer- strava stats- 39.15min, 17amph, 92elev, 76aw, 107ahr, 129mhr, 11.10mi= 244c
    Strava app= 171c
    Zwift stats- 39.20min, 92elev, 76aw, 53arpm, 16.93amph, 11.1mi= 171c
    Zwift home spin bike- strava stats- 32.36min, 18.8amph, 213elev, 120aw, 110ahr, 132mhr, 35-50gear, 10.21mi= 221c
    Zwift stats- 32.37min, 214elev, 120aw, 46arpm, 18.76amph, 10.2mi= 223c

Total mi= 21.31mi

Total cal 990

• Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,043 Member
    Options
    Good evening ladies!

Today I ate 1083 calories, and have a deficit of 357. Yay! This is going well, as long as Sunday doesn't count.

I did my dumbbells. Yay! I think I am beginning to see some increase in knee strength, especially climbing the stairs after dumbbells. The tough part of exercising in the basement is climbing the stairs afterwards.

I decided to ask my dad what he thought would be a sign that I should be more involved in the finances, and what that involvement might look like. So now I have to choose my moment to ask.

Annie in Delaware
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,865 Member
    Options
    Carol Is their a way to make a list of the bills that need to be paid monthly and how they are paid. If done online user names and passwords. If you pay quarterly federal and state taxes they mark in your calendar when to pay them April, June, September, January the following year. Property taxes if you do not have a mortgage are due twice a year here. May and October. As part of our estate planning I have all these things listed so whoever has to take care of our estate can more easily pay bills and cancel services no longer needed especially the automatic payments and paperless billing. That is where phone numbers and email addresses with user names and passwords are especially important. If you and DH have not set up a trust or will make sure major financial accounts have up to date beneficiaries. It is hard enough when a loved one passes having these financial pieces organized will help give you piece of mind.

Yes!!!

This is what I did when I had to figure out what my husband used to do while he was in a coma from his brain injury. I have a spreadsheet.

I would also strongly encourage you all to find out what your spouses do ... financially, around the house, etc. ... while your spouses are still able to communicate. And on the flip side, provide your spouses with information about what you do.

In my situation, everything was great, we were both strong and healthy, and suddenly he had a workplace accident and was in a coma for 3 weeks, post traumatic amnesia for another 4 weeks, and the symptoms of severe traumatic brain injury since. Suddenly, I had to do everything and I didn't know what to do and couldn't ask him.

Machka in Oz

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,865 Member
    Options
    GodMomKim wrote: »
    I am surprised at how many things there are to buy that I had never thought of. I am even needing to buy her a lot of new clothes with the swelling in her let she needs all new undies and pants. I do have some fill in care givers in the wings to give me a break as needed.

Kim in N. California

Skirts (especially something fuller and below the knee) might be an easier, more flexible choice than pants. I love wearing skirts because they are so comfortable.

M in Oz

• skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,821 Member
    Options
    <3
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    Machka - skirts are not an option, PT requires pants, and my mother is not a fan of skirts. But thanks... I think it is because it is just one more thing to keep track of - not showing off your "bits"