WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR APRIL 2023

Options

Replies

• minicooper452
    minicooper452 Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    (((hugs))) to those who need them.

Don't ever be sorry for venting, Kim. That's what we're here for. I'm sure you're hurting. Like you said, we were A LOT younger when we had babies and were getting up all night. And your mom is in a very vulnerable spot for a very "fiesty" person, so this is not fun for her either. I'm sure she's lashing out even more than usual. May not even realize it.

Rita, that just pains me to think of all the girls who were told the same thing as you when we were young! SO glad you did it by yourself. What a wonderful accomplishment.

Jeb looks kinda like a two-year-old toddler, Tracey! LOL... sort of adorable in a mischievious kind of way.

A flamingo pool float, Margaret?!? Oh yeah! That says it all. GEEZ, we are DONE with winter here. Did you lose power or trees or branches? Neighbor did, but they didn't hit our garage, thankfully. Hopefully, he'll notice them before we have to tell him as they're out in his backyard and he doesn't spend much time back there. But they're SPREAD across 1/4 of ours. Oh yeah, they were HUGE!!! And now most of that snow is off the trees. Poof!

2. Spend as much time as possible outdoors today... today was supposed to be beautiful for outdoors, not turing out that way, maybe later though, CAN'T WAIT FOR "real" SPRING in MN.
    Love and Blessings, Carla, in MN
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,347 Member
    Options

Did Denise Austin’s Cardio Workout and then the Body & Soul Total Body Workout DVDs. Took a walk around the block and then to WalMart for a few things especially Vince’s bananas. Sometimes my pedometer doesn’t count the steps. Like it says I only took 770 steps. There is NO WAY. Around the block is easily 4,000. Oh well…. I know that I’m going to do a lot of walking since we need to cut the grass. Senior bowling tomorrow

katla – I’m so happy for you that you can do the yoga!!! That makes you feel better, too, doesn’t it?

Tracey – I talked to Vince last night and told him that I was looking forward to going to Bristol. I told him the amount I showed in my paperwork and he said that it sounded right that the reason he didn’t get the tickets for Bristol is because he was concerned about the money. I know that the excavating will be around $1, 700 more so that’ll leave me a balance of about $5,000. The tickets and a hotel should come to around $2,000 (and that’s being generous) so he agrees that we probably will be able to do it. He’s just concerned about any unforseen expenses. Love the mugs

Finished the xstitch for Jess and texted a pic to a friend at the condo. She’ll show M. See, I showed M the one I’d done and made a huge error that I couldn’t fix so I had to start from scratch. L can show her the finished product. I still need to iron it and frame it.

Lanette – I usually eat 2-3 meals/day. Sometimes I skip lunch and just snack. I’m really trying not having anything to eat after dinner. Most days I do succeed. Last night I didn’t really but had only popcorn. Vince likes to have a big dinner. As it is, I many times cook two separate meals, one that he’ll eat and one for me. I’d like to have a lighter dinner, honestly, but I’m really not crazy about cooking 3 separate meals

Off to cut the grass (oh, heart be still)

Michele NC
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    Mary - I think it was you who asked about ACV (apple cider vinegar). I just ran across a video by Jason Fung where he explains how drinking or eating something acidic helps with weight loss when eating a starchy carb like white rice or bread. I always like reading some of the science behind what works.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Et0GY94ebBQ

Lanette B)
    SW WA State

PS - thanks to Machka, Rita and Barbie (so far :) ) for sharing your meal schedules.
  • Joy1580vb
    Joy1580vb Posts: 284 Member
    edited April 2023
    Options
    Heather, happy to read that the marathon went well. I'm a bit antisocial too. I like people but in small doses. Just as a side note, my mother was born in England (Kent area). Served in the British forces as a spotter on the guns. Met my father who was a Canadian serving in the army (WW2). Got married after the war and immigrated to Canada.

I'm a 3 meal person and have always been. Breakfast, lunch and dinner with one small snack in the evening.

Joy
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,047 Member
    Options

Lanette, as to my meals,
    On a normal day I eat breakfast at 8am, snack at 9:30, lunch at 11 am and dinner at 2 pm. Or you could say I skip dinner. Calories are pretty evenly spread, if you count morning snack with breakfast.

I have a routine with my dog when we get up. I eat breakfast almost before I'm awake. The routine is so habitual that I don't know what would happen if I skipped breakfast.

Annie in Delaware
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,925 Member
    Options
    :) I am extremely non social. I don't like having people at the house except my friend who walks with Bessie and me most mornings and comes to dance every Friday and once a month to cut Jake's hair. The pandemic made it easy for me to stay home and not invite other people to our house. My friend who walks with me on Sundays meets me in the driveway.

<3 Barbie in NW WA
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    Hi Gals,
    Joy – this is a complete long shot - But when I was a young teen there was a young woman and her husband (boyfriend?) from Canada who stopped to visit my family – some how my dad and I believe the husband were related. The woman’s name was Joy and I thought it was a best name. And this couple was so interesting they had sailed from Canada to South America and were then traveling back home to canada via the pacific coast when they stopped by our home. Any chance you are the Joy?
    Kim in N. California
  • Rosemarie2972
    Rosemarie2972 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    Annie: My husband loved opera. I enjoyed it for about 2 hours and then it got long for my attention span. Always best to know the plot ahead of time, I feel. Then if gets muddled you know what is happening.

I am a 3 meal a day, 2 snacks a day person. I try to stay at 1200 calories but have not lost weight. I feel I need to be more active, but sometimes my energy level or the tasks of the day interfere with this! I am about to do a 2 mile step video at 5 pm at night...a time when I usually sluggish. We'll see how this goes!

I did a spiritual writing group by zoom this morning and have texted a couple of friends, but have been alone all day. The day does get long. I did live alone for five years in my 20's. I suppose I will get use to it again. There are certainly plenty of tasks to do... a lot of sorting that needs to be done!!!
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,827 Member
    Options
    Lanette - I always eat breakfast usually later in the morning after I have been out to feed critters. I mostly do a light lunch about 1:30 or 2 and then my largest meal is in the evening about 6 after my DD gets home from work. We eat together then and I do not eat after dinner before going to bed. This works for me to lose about 1/2 pound per week if I watch my portions. I get into trouble when I start snacking in between meals especially in the afternoons.

Relaxing day today, went to church then home. It snowed this morning but is sunny just now. Have been doing some reading. Will get litter boxes cleaned and goat shed cleaned out and get my indoor plants watered. Steak and roasted baby golds for dinner with green beans.

Everyone take care, Sue in WA
  • ginnytez
    ginnytez Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    Lanette-I'm breakfast, lunch, dinner and some days small snack mid morning and afternoon (afternoon is helpful if I want to walk before dinner-get jittery without it). My day time snacks are something like a mandarin orange or apple or a 70 calorie yogurt cup. I also like skinny rice bars. I do like a single serve bag of popcorn while watching tv in the evening and save 100 calories for that.

Rosemarie-I think you will get used to it. The way I knew I was really used to it was when I noticed, at some point, that if people came over to my house for more than 2 hours I would find myself thinking it was time for them to go! Of course, I am still working so there is socialization there, but most of the day I am in my office by myself (or I wouldn't get any work done!).

Ginny in Ohio
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,118 Member
    edited April 2023
    Options
    Lanette I think you already know that I do intermittent fasting. My window is generally five hours 19:5. I also generally eat one big meal with snacks following in the evening. I love to sit and watch some TV and generally have dinner and a movie! You have to know what works for you. This works for me. This is a lifestyle that I cannot live with. I am never hungry in the morning. I don’t care if I die a couple of years early!! Generally the last years aren’t usually as healthy anyhow! This is not written in stone. This is my lifestyle, and I like special occasions and don’t deny myself. I follow the same people that you have been talking about and that’s where I have learned a lot of information about fasting and apple cider vinegar. Good luck to you!

Also, anybody that is interested in getting rid of the creepy skin on your arms and legs the bone broth is doing wonders!!

💕 Mary from Arizona/Minnesota
  • Rosemarie2972
    Rosemarie2972 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    Rebecca: Your DH wants a huge house and all live together. I don't know .....maybe some land and a separate residence on the land. Or maybe when you are older living with your son. But while everyone is active and healthy, it seems to me it would be chaotic. But thats just my opinion.

Best,
    Rosemarie from Georgia

• jam0525
    jam0525 Posts: 1,681 Member
    Options
    Thanks Barbie for getting April started.
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,708 Member
    Options
    Evening ladies
    Well got stuff cleaned up in the living room and kitchen,have the dishwasher going.
    Dan stopped to take out the garbage .
  • Joy1580vb
    Joy1580vb Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    GodMomKim wrote: »
    Hi Gals,
    Joy – this is a complete long shot - But when I was a young teen there was a young woman and her husband (boyfriend?) from Canada who stopped to visit my family – some how my dad and I believe the husband were related. The woman’s name was Joy and I thought it was a best name. And this couple was so interesting they had sailed from Canada to South America and were then traveling back home to canada via the pacific coast when they stopped by our home. Any chance you are the Joy?
    Kim in N. California
    GodMomKim wrote: »
    Hi Gals,
    Kim in N. California

No Kim it wasn’t me but it does sound like an interesting couple. I’m 72 and my husband 73 and there is no way he would get on a boat in the ocean but I certainly would love to!

Joy
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    Joy -This would have been when you were in your 20's!!! LOL