WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR APRIL 2023

Replies

• kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,701 Member
    <3
  • myvt9v4crh
    myvt9v4crh Posts: 391 Member
    It has been a good day today. DH seems to be doing much better. I hope he will keep improving.💖

Katla
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,468 Member
    GodMomKim wrote: »
    Hi Gals,
    So the freezer dilemma stories got me thinking about what I have done for while my Mom is staying here and for what a number of friends do – especially for garage freezers A list on the front of the freezer (for the very organized by shelf) for the rest of us just a list. So I have a list with what and how many… and because I live alone every thing is done is servings of one or two. If I have company I can always pull out extra.. So right now the shelf for mom has
    pizza crust – 1
    pizza sauce ½ jar
    enchiladas 2 (each has 2 servings)
    salmon 3 packages of 2 filets
    bacon bits 3 snack bags
    1 bag breakfast sausage links
    Brownies – ½ batch
    Sloppy Sams filling 3 packages of 2 servings each (vegan sloppy joe)

I just cross off stuff and add stuff as I grow veggies or there is a sale, and every so often I just take it off and redo it so it is not so crazy to read.

It had a lot more but this is after 21 days…. Then there’s a list for the rest of the freezer… it really helps with menu planning, and the days that I have zero ideas.

My best girl friend came over today – it was so nice to spend time together, she lives 2 hours each way away so it is hard to get together, We worked on a project I have wanted to get done pre-summer which was to rescreen 2 window screens, both had developed tears in the screens I am so pleased to have time with her and to have this project complete.

Kim in N. California

You are very organised! :)

M in Oz
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,995 Member
    <3
  • Machka9
    Sunday --

Cycling! Bit chilly out there this afternoon/evening but otherwise really nice.
    ntx1pakw5rsn.png

Plus I spent some time in the garden again. I'm in the digging it all up phase.

Machka in Oz
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,588 Member
    22. Enjoy moving to your favorite music. Really go for it. Sang along with the car radio, really loud ;)
    Thanks, all! Belly on the mend thanks to ginger, ginger snaps and prunes ;}
    Sleep style mostly lion with a dash of dolphin. Usually up between 4-6, get best work done 8-10, energy dips 1-3 sometimes requiring a nap, frequently bed around 6, then up again 11-1. ;}
    Welcome @Pfradenburg01! The best of luck, but planning is more reliable for me ;]
    Welcome and happy birthday @aundy28570! After slipping off track I try not to wait for another day but climb back on right away, Sometimes I can, sometimes I don’t. ;}
    Lanette, Joe revved up the mower and did the lawn today ;) Had I not dog group and fellowship prep I could have done some weeding ;}
    Rosemarie love your music festival plans.
    Allie thanks for the pics of Miles learning to mow but most especially the BUBBLES!
    Tracey, love what the young’uns in your family come up with. Speaking their truth early on!
    Karen “…it really isn’t nice to tell someone else to be nice” Truth this. Also yours about living in a retirement community is something I’m learning about living in a small rural community. Discretion is NOT my strong suit. I envy the good about your new residence and wish it were part of a national chain…
    KJ sure it wasn’t funny to you and him but your answer made me laugh. I’ve long felt testosterone poisoning was at the root of so much of humanity’s troubles.
    Lisa “. . .prisms? I loved those - that a plain, white light could enter one side and separate into every visible color, as well as ones that we could not see. The concept that there were colors I would never see fascinated me.” Me too! Never realized the “shut up you’re making me uncomfortable” import of “be nice” but your southern explanation rings so very true. I still can’t stop saying “bless your heart” even though I know that to some people it means “well aren’t you just too stupid to be alive.”
    Carol oh yes for the “in between”. Ditto. Recognize about a quarter of Machka’s list in myself.
    Beth well said about life vs diets.
    Margaret yours about HIPAA laws vs family working as team with medical. Frustrating and sad.
    Heather video chat with your niece? Bravissima! Photo? Bellissima!
    Ginny “…use “be nice" as a reason to not be honest. We don't want to hurt someone's feelings, …We end up doing more harm by not providing honest feedback.” True but sometimes so hard to do.
    Annie Yay YOU!
    Mary sorry but those chicken feet look just too creepy. :astonished:
    Kim I need to do something similar with our fridge’s freezer. Joe’s chest freezer in the garage is out of my control ;)

Not really sleepy but going to bed to avoid eating any more.
    04/22: Move: 2 sets PTw/X&a, dog group, Jeopardy walking. steps:8014
    Fuel: plants running count for week so far: beets, broccoli, cucumber, ginger snap, granola, hummus, juices-beet/carrot/celery/lettuce/parsley/spinach/tomato/watercress, juice/pineapple, orange, popcorn, prune, sweet peppers-orange/red/yellow, tea, turmeric. CI =1462
    Live: Joe, readings, BP, rX, hymns, Freddies for rX, more laundry, fellowship prep. Wt:134.9.
    04/21: Move: 2 sets PT w/d, chat stroll with T @ HBCG. steps:9888
    Fuel: plants running count for week so far: 10+9+4+1+0+2+11=37 almonds, artichoke, asparagus, avocado, basil, beans-cannellini, beans-garbanzo, beans-green (tempura), beets, caramel corn, carrots, cashews, celery, chili sauce, cranberries, cucumber, garlic, ginger, hummus, olive oil, olives-green, onion soup, orange, peanut brittle, peanut oil, pecans, pepperoncini, prunes, radish, romaine, rice-brown, snap peas, sweet peppers-orange/red/yellow, tangerines, tea, wheat-cookies/matzoh/sourdough CI=1447
    Live: Joe, readings, BP, chiropractor, Grocery Outlet, Freddie’s, more laundry Wt:135.1
    04/20: Move: 2 sets PT w/x&a steps:8136
    Fuel: plants running count for week so far: 10+9+4+1+0+2 almonds, artichoke, asparagus, avocado, basil, beans-cannellini, beans-garbanzo, beets, caramel corn, carrots, cashews, cranberries, cucumber, ginger, olives-green, peanut brittle, peanut oil, pecans, pepperoncini, prunes, radish, romaine, rice-brown, snap peas, tangerines, tea, wheat-cookies/matzoh/sourdough CI=1394
    Live: Joe, readings, BP, changed linens, lost temper with pre-register clerk, groomed Tumble and Shadow, more laundry. Wt:135.8

Lighter, lovelies!
    Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD x8zcp1ya37k1.gif
    2023: Be of good cheer. April: Move more, fuel better, live NOW.
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,806 Member
    auntiebk wrote: »
    Lisa - Never realized the “shut up you’re making me uncomfortable” import of “be nice” but your southern explanation rings so very true. I still can’t stop saying “bless your heart” even though I know that to some people it means “well aren’t you just too stupid to be alive.”
    Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD x8zcp1ya37k1.gif

Bahahaha! I almost said to Karen in that post that the best return would be, "Well, bless your heart, is it hard for you to watch people disagree occasionally? We both know (gesturing to herself and spouse) that healthy relationships have disagreements. If we thought the same about everything that would be boring and stagnant!" I always try to return southern with southern, it's a very coded, but effective squelch.

So glad you're feeling better with your ginger and prunes... ;)

Love,
    Lisa in AR
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 10,004 Member
    Morning ladies
    Gee I always say well bless your heart but mean it in the most respectful way..
    Yes honestly I am probably on the spectrum as is my son Dan..but at almost 63 and just turned 38 we are set in our ways..
    Im trying to stay away from most dairy and gluten products..and my gut is thanking me for it.
    It is raining here today and we need it..
  • Machka9
    Machka9 wrote: »
    I'm a wolf!

vrm2y1km2e1a.png

My wolfish circadian rhythm means that in an ideal world, I would go to sleep about 2 am, I would wake up about noon (10 hours sleep), I would spend the first couple hours easing into the day. About 2 pm, I would have a burst of energy which would keep going until about midnight, and then I'd wind down and go to sleep about 2 am.

And I have just described almost every weekend and holiday. :)

Unfortunately, work doesn't let me do that so my work days have the additional difficulty level of working against my natural wolfish circadian rhythm

According to this article: Circadian Rhythm ... I experience a Delayed Sleep Phase Disorder and my husband (with the traumatic brain injury), experiences an Irregular Sleep-Wake Rhythm Disorder.

https://www.sleepfoundation.org/circadian-rhythm

Advanced Sleep Phase Disorder: People with this type of disruption find that they get tired early in the evening and wake up very early in the morning. Even if they want to be up later at night or sleep later in the morning, people with an advanced sleep phase disorder usually cannot do so. This disorder is relatively rare, affecting around 1% of people in middle and older age, and occurs more frequently in older adults. In some cases, advanced sleep phase disorder may be related to an inherited genetic cause.

Delayed Sleep Phase Disorder: This type of circadian rhythm disruption is associated with “night owls” who stay up late at night and sleep in late in the morning. It is rare among the general population — affecting just 1 or 2 people out of every 1,000 — but impacts up to 16% of teens. The exact cause is unknown but may be related to genetics, underlying physical conditions, and a person’s behavior.

Irregular Sleep-Wake Rhythm Disorder: People with this rare disorder have no consistent pattern to their sleep and may have many naps or short sleeping periods throughout a 24-hour day. It is frequently connected to conditions that affect the brain, such as dementia or traumatic brain injury, that limit the proper functioning of the master clock in the hypothalamus.

Machka in Oz
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,701 Member
    Good Sunday!
    I am a "Bear" according to the quiz, but "Wolf" tendencies also. My favorite work hours are 5am-2pm. I am NO good trouble shooting from 2-7pm. Maybe a nap would help that, but am at work. If I have lots to do then early morning or late night are best. When DH use to be gone on weekends, I would take a nap in afternoon when could, then get more things done.

I am doing okay. I woke up thinking about what I want/need to get done today. Wanted to check in first.

Tracey We are so much alike ❤️!

TTFN,
    Kylia in Cold Ohio today
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 10,004 Member
    Morning again ladies
    I woke up got a burst of energy cleaned out the outdated food in my cupboards at least the higher ones and the fridge
    Will do my lazy susan before Dan comes.
    Its rainy and windy today so a good day to stay in and do stuff.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 17,086 Member