WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR APRIL 2023

Options

Replies

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,933 Member
    Options
    Good morning, dear girls. I got home late on Saturday afternoon, the relief is mighty. Everything is working as expected, but energy levels are low as my body deals with all the different meds involved in an operation.

I have nothing but admiration for the wonderful people who looked after me so well, but I’m glad to be back home.

DYD visited me In hospital on Friday night, and called round to see me settled home on Saturday night. I Skyped with the rest of my family yesterday afternoon.

I will try and catch up with all your doings today.

I'm glad things went well for you. Continue recovering well!

• teklawa1
    teklawa1 Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    <3
    Betsy in NW WA
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Irish Terri, Ah, so glad you are on this side of your procedure and home forging on. Yay!!! Totally in sync with your <3 for Lisa’s prism post. I adore prisms and crystals and don’t know why I don’t have any at the moment. My birthday is in July, though. :) There is still a societal expectation that women will subjugate their needs to others. Being assertive is deliberately misinterpreted as being pushy or aggressive. Shrugging off all of that is freeing.

Kim, Wonderful photos…love your capture of the shadows...and I really love poppies. My poppy favorites are the ubiquitous big orange opium poppies. We had some planted in a filled-in koi pond in our lawn in Nebraska when I was a kid. My dad was very careful not to mow over the interior of the old koi pond in the middle of the lawn, and delighted in the poppies when they appeared. The interior of the poppies was purple velvet, and the petals were thin soft crepe. Delight.

Barbara, Bobbi’s rum cake is to die for. Agree; the rum cake gifts are worth an occasional velvet barb. The trick is to politely acknowledge & respond to her disguised message directly after being harpooned. The rum cake is her “touché” and/or “sorry". She is fun and I get her. I am so enriched by knowing her. She has led an amazing privileged life, so very different from my own. I love hearing about her past adventures.

Lisa, Yeah, I don’t think Bobbi is used to people responding to her subtext. She is the Experts’ Expert at Southern Speak.

Today my wife’s son is having a vasectomy. Their oldest (LillyBell) is barking like a seal, so I believe I am going over at 9 to stay with her rather than taking her to Daycare. It will make the day less complicated for them. Will probably stay until around 2. I’m looking forward to it. I don’t know if my spouse will go or not. I think the baby (Rory) will be at Daycare.

So meditation at 8:30, then over to spend the morning with LillyBell, and probably will go to Social Trivia at 4:30. It’s challenging and fun.

Karen in Virginia
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Carla, Yes, minors do need to (at least informally) consent to an accompanying parent coming into the room with them, because otherwise they would not have the opportunity to privately disclose one of the specific situations where the minor’s confidentiality is protected by HIPAA rules.

But if a minor chose to go into an examination room by herself for evaluation of influenza symptoms, it is very unlikely that a provider would fail to disclose the diagnosis to the parent in the waiting room, or prescribe Tamiflu to the minor without the consent, knowledge, and involvement of her parents.

Karen in Virginia
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,933 Member
    Options
    Monday --

Kind of a weird day because tomorrow is a stat holiday - ANZAC Day - and a lot of people were off work.

In addition to work ...

We dealt with some more legal stuff.
    We got our COVID boosters.
    I finally figured out how to adjust my office chair ... thank goodness!!

This evening, I'm relaxing because I was up late on Sunday night working on legal stuff. I should go in for a law degree next.

Sleeping in tomorrow!! :)

Machka in Oz
  • minicooper452
    minicooper452 Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    24. Get active in nature. Feed the birds or go wild-life spotting... will do!
    Love and Blessings, Carla, in MN
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,260 Member
    edited April 2023
    Options
    I was not brought up to be in any way subservient to men. Thank goodness. :D My school, a girl's grammar school, encouraged us to believe in ourselves with no limits. My friends became doctors, lawyers, scientists, engineers. I think, for the time, the 60s, we were very lucky. My mother worked full-time from the time I was 5 and my brother was 2. There was a lot wrong with my upbringing, but privileging men wasn't one of them. :o

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,062 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies!

Terri glad your recovery is underway. Hope you feel well soon!

I'm feeling the pollen this morning. Scratchy throat, but better after hot tea. Nothing much on the calendar. That means lots of time for exercise!

Annie in Delaware
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,730 Member
    Options
    Rebecca- I am watching the Today show and the U.S.S. George H.W.Bush was shown coming into port and showed Jenna Bush Hager doing a piece with families meeting new babies and kids growing up etc.. but I swear as they were panning the croud on the aircraft carrier I saw Owan... I don't know if you can go to the Today show website and see if you can find that .. you might have to wait a day for that to come up.. but I just don't want to get your hopes up.. It was just a brief glance.but from the pictures you have posted it sure looked like him.
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,611 Member
    Options
    Good Monday,
    Sunday was a lazy yet productive day. I managed to change sheets, do laundry, cooked dinner, cleaned kitchen, did work paperwork all day, and watched several movies. Most were good, one really sucked. No real ending.
    This morning finished last load of laundry. All put away. Decluttered living room and night stand, packed lunch. Now at work. Yay! Thankful I have a job with jealth insurance. Positive thought ;)

Much love,
    Kylia in Ohio
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,580 Member
    Options
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    Margaret ~ Love the trees, but, where is a photo of the wedding party! Good luck to the bride getting deployed.

Kylia ~ You keep saying you are glad you have a job with insurance. Since it's your husband's business, couldn't you just be added to his plicy? Just curious. Your work ethic amazes me...I could never do all you accomplish. :)

Rosemarie ~ It sounds like you are finding many activities to enjoy!

I am trying to make myself get up off the computer and walk more (in the house LOL). Just realize I have become a lazy butt.

Carol in GA

• margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,063 Member
    Options
    Annie Did you try clearing your Browser.

Carol The wedding was on Zoom so I did not get any pictures. They did record the wedding. Perhaps a way to get photos from that.
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,882 Member
    Options
    April 2023 Action for Happiness

Word of the year: Appreciate : today I appreciate hot coffee on a damp and cool day.

Exercise goals added
    Yoga 10 mins 3 times a week 7/15(100%,100%,80%)
    Walk 7,000 every day 18/30 (84%,86%,94%)
    6 min HIIT -2x a day start April 1 24/60
    Arm weights twice a week 3/10 (100%, 60%hurt my elbow, hurt my shoulder 30%)
    Meditation: daily. 16/30 (82%(started Feb)94%)
    PT— head. 4/17. Started 4/13/23
    Hands 10/17

1. cut back drinking and limit to 2 days a week. 6/8–(100%,100%,0%)
    2. Average 7,000 steps a week. 9867, 9491,10170, (7,700,100%-9851,100%—9526,100%)
    3. Update budget every 2 weeks 5/2 —(100%,100%,100%,100%)
    4. Contact close family every week (4x) 29/158/ —(100%,100%,100%)
    5. Contact Donat and sibs once a month (8x)35/64–(100%,100%,100%)
    6. Weigh less last day of month compared to first until I reach 140. Start at 178.6,176,174.2,173.4 (100%,100%,100%)
    7. Develop a journaling practice by aiming to journal at least 5 days a week. 18/20-(100%,88%,100)
    8. Read 12 books at least this year. 16/12 (100%,100%,100%)
    9. Pay off credit card debt by January 2024 by making monthly payments to NDR——4/12—(100%.100%,100%,100%)
    10. Continue building emergency fund at SLFCU (min$25 a month)$25+$25+$71+700+25(100%,100%,100%,100%)
    11. April started putting 4% on income in savings (100%)
    Decided that if I do more than stated I will not grade higher than 100% 2/5/23

January Met —100%
    February met —-90%
    March met met —-90%
    April met
    May met
    June met
    July met — met
    August met
    September met
    October met —
    November met—
    December met—

ACTIVE APRIL
    Commit to being more active this month starting today. I commit to this by adding the exercises from the 6 minute book for over 60’s.
    2. Spend as much time as possible outdoors today. Easy! LOL
    3. Listen to your body and be grateful for what it can do. I do this during walking meditations every day.
    4. Eat healthy and natural food today and drinks lots of water. Yogurt and raspberries for breakfast with 17 oz water bottle and coffee, more to come.
    5. Turn a regular activity into a playful game today. Not sure. Joked with hairdresser while getting hair cut. Everyone was laughing and joining in.
    6. Do a body-scan meditation and really notice how your body feels. I do this often in my meditations.
    7. Get natural light early in the day. Dim the lights in the evening. Morning done. Will do in evening.
    8. give your body a boost by laughing or making someone laugh. I will as soon as I can! Did this with friends.
    9. Turn your housework or chores into a fun form of exercise. Hmmmm tbd
    10. Have a day with less screen time and more movement. I’ll try.
    11. Set yourself an exercise goal or sign up to an activity challenge. Already have goals: Yoga 10 mins 3 times a week, Walk 7,000 every day, 6 min HIIT -2x a day, Arm weights twice a week
    12. Move as much as possible, even if you’re stuck inside. I will do. Vet this morning then normal day, so will be able to do this.
    13. Make sleep a priority and go to bed in good time. Easy Peasy!
    14. Relax your body & mind with yoga, tai chi or meditation. I will meditate and try to find time for yoga too. I did all I wanted to do.
    15. Get active by singing today (even if you think you can’t sing). I can’t sing but will sing along with music anyway. Sang “When the ants go marching in” during my walk.
    16. Go exploring around your local area and notice new things. OOOH, this sounds like fun.
    17. Be active outside. Dig up weeds or plant some seeds. I will tend my container garden. I have watered it but need to remove dead leaves from tomato plants.
    18. Try a new online exercise, activity or dance class. Not sure if I will have time today. Did not have time today.
    19. Spend less time sitting today. Get up and move more often. After the last 2 days, this is a welcome change!
    20. Focus on eating ‘a rainbow of multi-colored vegetables today. I did that on Tuesday but will try again today.
    21. Regularly pause to stretch and breathe during the day. Ahhhhh. But forgot to do it.
    22. Enjoy moving to your favorite music. Really go for it. Going to try to remember to do this. Forgot.
    23. Go out and do an errand for a loved one or neighbor. I do this every day in my hosting.
    24. Get active in nature. Feed the birds or go wild-life spotting. Will do! I love doing this.
    25. Have a ‘no screens’ night and take time to recharge yourself.
    26. Take an extra break in your day and walk outside for 15 minutes
    27. Find a fun exercise to do while waiting for the kettle to boil (or pan of water.)
    28. Meet a friend outside for a walk and a chat.
    29. Become an activist for a cause you really believe in
    30. Make time to run, swim, dance, cycle or stretch today

RVRita