WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR APRIL 2023

Options

Replies

• LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,398 Member
    Options
    Aundy - sounds like you and your husband are back on track for the gym! Well done.

Machka - Sorry about the tinnitis. I hope you had a little time in between to revel in the lack of noise. Not sure what you meant by "But I'd probably have to go scatter myself ... the nursing home won't like do it." Sounds like an interesting plan if you're the one who is in the urn, and have to go scatter your own ashes. I keep going back to that sentence, and it reads the same each time! :smiley:

Heather - Stopped in early to see how the Johnny situation was going to work out. I'm sorry you had to cancel your time with your friend.
    Oh, Lisa. That is upsetting news. Praying for the best outcome.
    Flea, Willamette Valley, OR
    Than you, dear heart, all prayers gratefully accepted. Which reminds me, how are you doing? Hope all your serious issues have been resolved.

Kylia
    - I think that working from home one day a week would do wonders for how you feel.
    myvt9v4crh wrote: »
    Lisa— Good luck with the CT scan. I hope it helps significantly and you feel better soon. 🤞🏻 ❤️ 👍🏻 Katla

Katla, dear, thank you for that! I love seeing your posts, and am glad you and your husband are doing better.

I am looking forward to having the next two days to myself, after what has been an exhausting week of tests and phone calls and more phone calls. No plans for today or tomorrow, and hope it remains quiet.

Love y'all,
    Later,
    Lisa
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,932 Member
    Options
    <3
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,905 Member
    Options
    Machka - Sorry about the tinnitis. I hope you had a little time in between to revel in the lack of noise. Not sure what you meant by "But I'd probably have to go scatter myself ... the nursing home won't like do it." Sounds like an interesting plan if you're the one who is in the urn, and have to go scatter your own ashes. I keep going back to that sentence, and it reads the same each time! :smiley:

Love y'all,
    Later,
    Lisa

I rather doubt I will have anyone I know around when I go. Chances are the nursing home or hospital I'm in will send me off to be cremated and buried somewhere. If I want to be scattered, I'm going to have to catch a passing breeze!! :lol:

M in Oz
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,398 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »

Love y'all,
    Later,
    Lisa

I rather doubt I will have anyone I know around when I go. Chances are the nursing home or hospital I'm in will send me off to be cremated and buried somewhere. If I want to be scattered, I'm going to have to catch a passing breeze!! :lol:

M in Oz

OK, that's hilarious.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,563 Member
    Options
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,905 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies!

I have more struggles ahead with my laptop. I'm supposed to have a telehealth visit on it in an hour. It was up and down yesterday, so the odds are against me. I believe the issue has to do with drivers and Windows 11 updates. Sometimes I can log in to my desktop then it blacks out when I move the cursor. Sometimes I can't log in. What a royal pain. I would hate to buy new just to fix an update issue. Well, I'm just rambling about my laptop because I have a decision to make. I should not let this issue affect the rest of my peaceful life, especially my diet and exercise.

Annie in Delaware

How old is it?
    How full is it?
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,052 Member
    Options
    Machka it's about two years old and has very little on it. I use it for zoom and telehealth. It has some word and text files but no pictures nor movies. And it has McAfee and I was able to run a full scan yesterday. And it had another Windows update.

Annie in Delaware
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    B)
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,353 Member
    Options

pip – did you have to get new appliances in your kitchen? How very nice of the cabinet guy to give you that donation

Lisa – that’s great that the hematologist is going to bat for you

Vince got the results of his MRI. He has two bulging discs and a narrowing of the spinal column, whatever that means. The person he spoke to was just reading what the doctor wrote down, so he couldn’t ask any questions. They did refer him to an orthopedist. So I guess at that time he can ask what a “narrowing of the spinal column” means.

Jerry wasn’t at work today. Not sure what that means. I don’t think he came in early because he wasn’t there when I got there and that would only mean that he worked an hour. They must have been really slow yesterday, someone did a lot of prep. Oh well, I still got my 3 hours in. That’s what I shoot for, at least 3 hours.

Flea – I’m sure that Pete’s grandmother’s family is really sad at her passing. I’m just not

Drizzling here. I would volunteer at the Green Room, only they don’t have sign ups for volunteering today. Sign ups for the next show start next week. Oh well…

Since it’s drizzling out so I can’t go for my walk around the block, maybe I’ll do a Leslie Sansone DVD.

Michele NC
  • minicooper452
    minicooper452 Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    <3
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,862 Member
    Options
    April 2023 Action for Happiness

Word of the year: Appreciate : today I appreciate sunshine on the water making it shimmer.

Exercise goals added
    Yoga 10 mins 3 times a week 10/15(100%,100%,80%)
    Walk 7,000 every day 24/30 (84%,86%,94%)
    6 min HIIT -2x a day start April 1 26/60
    Arm weights twice a week 3/10 (100%, 60%hurt my elbow, hurt my shoulder 30%)
    Meditation: daily. 27/30 (82%(started Feb)94%)
    PT— head. 5/17. Started 4/13/23
    Hands 17/17

1. cut back drinking and limit to 2 days a week. 9/8–(100%,100%,0%)
    2. Average 7,000 steps a week. 9867, 9491,10170, 8706, (7,700,100%-9851,100%—9526,100%)
    3. Update budget every 2 weeks 6/2 —(100%,100%,100%,100%)
    4. Contact close family every week (4x) 34/208/ —(100%,100%,100%)should be 68 by May 1.
    5. Contact Donat and sibs once a month (8x)35/94 (100%,100%,100%)
    6. Weigh less last day of month compared to first until I reach 140. Start at 178.6,176,174.2,173.4 (100%,100%,100%)
    7. Develop a journaling practice by aiming to journal at least 5 days a week. 25/20-(100%,88%,100)
    8. Read 12 books at least this year. 17/12 (100%,100%,100%)
    9. Pay off credit card debt by January 2024 by making monthly payments to NDR——4/12—(100%.100%,100%,100%)
    10. Continue building emergency fund at SLFCU (min$25 a month)$25+$25+$71+700+25(100%,100%,100%,100%)
    11. April started putting 4% on income in savings (100%)
    Decided that if I do more than stated I will not grade higher than 100% 2/5/23

January Met —100%
    February met —-90%
    March met met —-90%
    April met
    May met
    June met
    July met — met
    August met
    September met
    October met —
    November met—
    December met—

ACTIVE APRIL
    Commit to being more active this month starting today. I commit to this by adding the exercises from the 6 minute book for over 60’s.
    2. Spend as much time as possible outdoors today. Easy! LOL
    3. Listen to your body and be grateful for what it can do. I do this during walking meditations every day.
    4. Eat healthy and natural food today and drinks lots of water. Yogurt and raspberries for breakfast with 17 oz water bottle and coffee, more to come.
    5. Turn a regular activity into a playful game today. Not sure. Joked with hairdresser while getting hair cut. Everyone was laughing and joining in.
    6. Do a body-scan meditation and really notice how your body feels. I do this often in my meditations.
    7. Get natural light early in the day. Dim the lights in the evening. Morning done. Will do in evening.
    8. give your body a boost by laughing or making someone laugh. I will as soon as I can! Did this with friends.
    9. Turn your housework or chores into a fun form of exercise. Hmmmm tbd
    10. Have a day with less screen time and more movement. I’ll try.
    11. Set yourself an exercise goal or sign up to an activity challenge. Already have goals: Yoga 10 mins 3 times a week, Walk 7,000 every day, 6 min HIIT -2x a day, Arm weights twice a week
    12. Move as much as possible, even if you’re stuck inside. I will do. Vet this morning then normal day, so will be able to do this.
    13. Make sleep a priority and go to bed in good time. Easy Peasy!
    14. Relax your body & mind with yoga, tai chi or meditation. I will meditate and try to find time for yoga too. I did all I wanted to do.
    15. Get active by singing today (even if you think you can’t sing). I can’t sing but will sing along with music anyway. Sang “When the ants go marching in” during my walk.
    16. Go exploring around your local area and notice new things. OOOH, this sounds like fun.
    17. Be active outside. Dig up weeds or plant some seeds. I will tend my container garden. I have watered it but need to remove dead leaves from tomato plants.
    18. Try a new online exercise, activity or dance class. Not sure if I will have time today. Did not have time today.
    19. Spend less time sitting today. Get up and move more often. After the last 2 days, this is a welcome change!
    20. Focus on eating ‘a rainbow of multi-colored vegetables today. I did that on Tuesday but will try again today.
    21. Regularly pause to stretch and breathe during the day. Ahhhhh. But forgot to do it.
    22. Enjoy moving to your favorite music. Really go for it. Going to try to remember to do this. Forgot.
    23. Go out and do an errand for a loved one or neighbor. I do this every day in my hosting.
    24. Get active in nature. Feed the birds or go wild-life spotting. Will do! I love doing this.
    25. Have a ‘no screens’ night and take time to recharge yourself. Did this!
    26. Take an extra break in your day and walk outside for 15 minutes. Already did this today, first thing in the morning.
    27. Find a fun exercise to do while waiting for the kettle to boil (or pan of water.) HMMM. Will have to think about when to do this.
    28. Meet a friend outside for a walk and a chat.
    29. Become an activist for a cause you really believe in
    30. Make time to run, swim, dance, cycle or stretch today

RVRita
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,465 Member
    Options
    💖