WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MAY 2023

Options

Replies

• exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,357 Member
    Options
    Did Denise Austin Power Zone Toning Workout DVD and then a 30 Minute Express Above the Belt DVD then went for my walk. Just work and then ceramics tomorrow

I tell you, Vince IS NOT happy at all. He likes getting a physical newspaper delivered first thing in the morning. If it isn’t here by 8a.m. (when they guarantee it’ll be here) he sends them an email. Well, now they are just going to deliver 3 days/week and the other 4 you are to read it online. I admit, I don’t like reading on line as much, but I can live with it. Plus...now the paper will be delivered via the post office which will probably mean that it’ll be here later. Too bad….

Pip – loved the photo and you look so good. Can’t remember the last time I wore a dress. Oh, yes, it was for Denise’s wedding shower

Heather – isn’t it a royal pain when you are used to exercise and suddenly can’t do what you want to do?

I wonder if Vince is doing his PT exercises? He hasn’t mentioned them in a long time. What I’m going to do is he had one of my bands looped around the exercise bike’s handles for doing one of the exercises. I used the band this morning and when I put it back, I made one end shorter. I’ll see if he has to make it longer to make it so that both ends are even. Maybe he thinks he doesn’t have to do them since the last time he went to PT he said they did different exercises with him. I don’t know. But I do think he still needs the “tell me when you’re ready” (to go for a walk) and “why don’t we walk at least ½ way to that driveway?”

Made a pot of soup, washed the windows of my car then washed a few windows in the house. But that meant having to move all sorts of things to get at the windows.

Carla – I’m with you, I would much rather have seen Dianna as queen, even William as king. To me, Charles is so old, it would have been nice had he done whatever he needed to do to let William take over. At least William would have been king for quite a few years. I am not in favor of Camilla being queen or whatever she’s called (consort?). But like you, who am I?

Lisa – do you have a whole house fan? When we lived in the Poconos, I really loved it. The house would get so cool when the sun went down.

Oh, cr**, its started to rain. Looks like we can’t go for a walk tonight. Update: I went for a walk, Vince wanted to watch a race.

Rebecca – Love Athena’s Present

Allie – keep those pictures of Miles coming! Love looking at them

Michele NC
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,577 Member
    Options
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,061 Member
    Options
    Concert went well. I really do enjoy singing. The duet the Gift of Love made me cry.
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,975 Member
    Options
    My closet has clothes of different sizes. A couple of years ago I was a size 18 and purchased capris from the North Style catalog. A few of these were print on the bottom with solid tops. I wore only black bottoms for years but started with print bottoms last year. Now the 18s are tight on me and I am trying to decide what to do. I need 1x's or size 20. The 18w's are too wide for my hips. All my weight is on my stomach. For church I wear black pants and a top. I seldom wear jeans or black jeans...too hot here in middle GA. I haven't worn a dress in over a decade.

I was planning to try Catherine's or maybe Torrid for size 20. Anyone have any idea where I can find size 20's?

Best,
    Rosemarie from Georiga

I am the opposite of you- never wear jeans and only wear dresses/skirts for church and wear them othr times too- Just changed out of one after going to the wedding.
    The place we are the same is the problem of stomach weight. I would be fine with the weight if I could get rid of half the belly.
  • myvt9v4crh
    myvt9v4crh Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    We are having a sheet lightning dust and wind storm. I’ve never experienced anything like it. It is now raining, too. I am happy to be inside and dry. WOW! I hope the rain will improve air quality.

Katla in Illinois
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,842 Member
    Options
    <3
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,500 Member
    edited May 2023
    Options
    8. Set yourself a kindness mission and help others today. Start updating the volunteers' POV reimbursement spreadsheet.
    Hummingbirds returned, hooray! A little gray one with a white throat and an even smaller one with a glowing red throat. Joe heard them before we saw them at the feeders. Made us smile.
    Raining again this evening and showers tomorrow are the last forecast rain for the next 10 days. We may have missed our burn barrel chance.
    Beth prayer said for an easy extraction and quick recovery for your mom.
    Annie my laptop’s hard drive just stared making a funny staticky noise. I dread replacing it as I am not a fan of either the cloud based Microsoft products nor of Apple.
    Time to backup those files…
    Ginny is the foot nerve pain compound a prescription?
    Tracey yours to Allie about Kyle and Tracy. Truth. Prayer said for healthy embryos.
    Rebecca Athena time will be the best medicine for you!
    Debbie rough weekend. Hope you get some good rest.
    Heather look forward to your pic of the beach huts. Admire you for continuing your art despite the broken wrist and sore ribs.
    Time to snooze.
    05/07: Move: 0 sets PT, dogs to powerline, Jeopardy walking. steps:8095 so far
    Fuel: plants running count for week so far: 8+7+3+8+6+3+3=38 almonds, apple, arugula, asparagus, beans-red kidney, beets, carrots, cashews, cauliflower, coconut milk powder, cucumber, garlic, ginger, juice-pomegranate, lemon curd, lettuce-butter, maple syrup, mustard greens, oats, onions, peanut brittle, pecans, pepperoncini, peppers-chili-red, peppers-sweet-orange/red/yellow, potato-chips/vindaloo, prunes, radish, raisins, rice-brown, romaine, snap peas, soy-breakfast patties, split pea soup, tangerines, tomatoes-concentrated, walnuts, wheat-thins/pizza crust/bread/cake/oreos. CI=1426 CO=327
    Live: Joe, readings, BP, church & fellowship, Port Orford to pickup Visa, AF. Wt:135.1

Later, lighter, lovelies!
    Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD x8zcp1ya37k1.gif
    2023: Be of good cheer. May: Move more, fuel better, live NOW.
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,207 Member
    Options
    ☘️
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,059 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies!

Annie in Delaware
  • minicooper452
    minicooper452 Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    Welcome newbies and returnees! (((hugs))) to those who need them.

I hope you get to do that on Thursday, Rebecca. You definitely need some bows and ribbons in your life right now! LOL
    I totally get removing yourself from those chats. I had to do that too after my "friends" turned on me. Of course, that was different, but I get it. It's really hard to see the names of people who make your heart hurt.

Unfortunately it really just has to be done, Allie. Kids wake up at night and the parents have to live through it. You get up, you peek in the door and let them know you're right there and "go back to sleep". The minute you pick them up, you're getting them in the habit of expecting that.
    We made the same mistake with Anne, our youngest too. We put her to bed in her crib, but kept going in to quiet her so as not to wake up her sister. Didn't even THINK to move Lacy to our room for a short time to let Anne figure out how to get to sleep on her own. DUH! Once we did that, Anne slept through the night within two days. SUCCESS!

8. Set yourself a kindness mission and help others today... that's usually the plan at school.
    Love and Blessings, Carla, in MN
  • myvt9v4crh
    Options
    The wind storm last night was a doozy. I have never seen so much dust in the air before. This morning it is quiet but visibility is poor with a gray sky.

Katla in Illinois
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,327 Member
    Options
    <3
  • myvt9v4crh
    Options
    Barbie—Gratitude is powerful and, as you said, is healthier and more cheerful. I like your point of view. ⭐️ 💖. 😊

Katla in Illinois